Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 04:21 PM

15,641 posts, read 26,273,152 times

Advertisements

This I why I can't stand the samples. People crowd and hog and mess. If I had my druthers there would be a sample area in the store so you would have to SEARCH OUT the samples, and people that didn't want to deal with it could shop in peace.

And if you think I am over the top -- you've never been at Costco at lunch time with people sampling their way through lunch instead of buying something....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 04:23 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Lock him up and throw away the keys for eleven years. Even if the older man said something stupid, why assault? Say something to him instead, it's much better. And yes you can't keep taking all the samples.

This guy is a coward and should be punished, thinking he is so tough punching a elderly guy.
Under a condition you personally support him for 11 years. It is a petty crime, no deliberation, just anger. Make it hurt, but 11 years is absurd. A month in a jail + fine, if a judge has common sense at all.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:26 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Under a condition you personally support him for 11 years. It is a petty crime, no deliberation, just anger. Make it hurt, but 11 years is absurd. A month in a jail + fine, if a judge has common sense at all.
It is a felony.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:35 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Lock him up and throw away the key.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:37 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,096,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
As further proof that people have no filters to their behavior, consider the 24 year old in Burbank, California who punched a 78 year old man Sunday morning at Costco because the older man complained that the younger was helping himself to multiple samples and not leaving any for him:

Costco shopper, 78, punched in fight over free Nutella waffle sample, police say - LA Times

He faces 11 years in prison if convicted of the assault. (There were witnesses.) Maybe an 11 year sentence would stop others in the future from assaulting people over such trivial things---think so?
That is nuts!!!

Old 09-22-2015, 04:37 PM

671 posts, read 901,465 times
If the old man had a gun, this wouldn't have happened.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:38 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It is a felony.
A petty fight is a felony? No wonder lawyers and prisons do so well, I feel so much safer now waiting for another mass shooter to snap instead of working out the differences the old fashioned way.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:42 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
According to his facebook page, Gharabighi is a "future nurse". This attack was a blessing in disguise. Can you imagine someone like him working in a nursing home? With his felony record, he'll have to pursue another career.

https://instagram.com/babyface81869/

YUCK.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
how does one actually get to that state, where you hit an old guy over a free sample at Costco. Sad.
Exactly! sheeez..

Old 09-22-2015, 04:49 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
This I why I can't stand the samples. People crowd and hog and mess. If I had my druthers there would be a sample area in the store so you would have to SEARCH OUT the samples, and people that didn't want to deal with it could shop in peace.

And if you think I am over the top -- you've never been at Costco at lunch time with people sampling their way through lunch instead of buying something....
I always worry about germs, along with people handling and putting back. I can't even get soup, after seeing how people have their sleeves dangling. I have been on too many construction sites where it's next to impossible to wash up before they have a lunch break.....most people fail to wash their hands on a regular bases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I would say a heavy fine, show some kind of kindness shown to the victim and heavy hours applied to community service in a old folks home. He needs to learn respect for others, jail time will just make him bitter. A little community shaming sure would not hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events