Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 03:36 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,890,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Absolutely crazy. Where the Hell has this world gone?
I don't know about the world but our culture is going to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Is there truly nothing people won't blame on Obama and the left?

It's usually the right-wing Christian fundies with the bug up their butt about Halloween.

Pay attention...The left - progressive demolibs - is tearing our culture down. Who wants to allow illegals in from down south as well as take in thousands of worthless Syrian refugees? His initials are BHO.

Those of us conservatively minded wouldn't entertain the notion.

There is your answer. The majority of progressive demolibs - the left - think in such manner.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:47 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,465,451 times
I'm sure it has been said a few times already but I think it's worth saying again.....I feel very sorry for kids growing up today who get caught up in this nonsense. Somehow a few whiners are "offended" by something and spoil it for the vast majority of people who enjoy/want something. How did it ever get to this point? Whatever ever happened to majority rules and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?

Old 10-16-2015, 03:49 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
8 Halloween Costumes That Have Been Banned By Schools

Okay, some of the bans I think are understandable, but no superheroes? Really? According to the link, at least one school sent a notice saying that superheroes including (but not limited to) Wolverine, Batman, Superman, the Power Rangers, and “any of the Fantastic 4” are not allowed, and neither are witches, ghosts, or any other costume that would be scary to a small child. [my italics]

IMO, this is just another, and the latest, example of PC run amok.

What is your opinion?

That one kid said that he wanted to dress like Jesus because He was the most influential person in his life. Big mistake. What he should have said was that he was making fun of Jesus. That would have been okay.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:57 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I'm sure it has been said a few times already but I think it's worth saying again.....I feel very sorry for kids growing up today who get caught up in this nonsense. Somehow a few whiners are "offended" by something and spoil it for the vast majority of people who enjoy/want something. How did it ever get to this point? Whatever ever happened to majority rules and the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?
That has always been MY question . . . in cases where no one is actually and directly harmed and/or when something is not illegal, that is! I believe in respect for ALL, and I am definitely and vehemently against hate crimes, no matter how "minor". However, respecting someone's beliefs and feelings does not mean that I think someone else should dictate how I want to live, as long as -- and to repeat -- no one is actually and directly harmed by my actions.

Funny (but maybe not) how I have never really received an answer to our mutual question.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:

Obama and political correctness banned anything sensible.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:36 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,465,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
That has always been MY question . . . in cases where no one is actually and directly harmed and/or when something is not illegal, that is! I believe in respect for ALL, and I am definitely and vehemently against hate crimes, no matter how "minor". However, respecting someone's beliefs and feelings does not mean that I think someone else should dictate how I want to live, as long as -- and to repeat -- no one is actually and directly harmed by my actions.

Funny (but maybe not) how I have never really received an answer to our mutual question.

Very well stated and I agree 100% with your analysis. And you know what? We won't get an answer. At least a logical/sensible one because there isn't one.

Just my guess....it's done because people can and many people are so afraid these days to stand up to a few whiny/controlling type people for whatever reason. Perhaps of getting sued? Or it's a silent majority thing? It's just really sickening to me as it happens so often now. Like you say, I come from a place where I may have strong views on something but it doesn't give me the right to push it on others. Ask me about my view/opinion, sure I'll share it. But it's a far jump for me to attempt to force it on others to live and act in my world view of what's "right".

Old 10-16-2015, 06:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Hold on a minute. No one is cancelling Trick or Treating. Several schools banned the wearing of certain costumes at school. Period.

There is no "need" to wear an offensive costume to school. Minority views are protected too.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Hold on a minute. No one is cancelling Trick or Treating. Several schools banned the wearing of certain costumes at school. Period.

There is no "need" to wear an offensive costume to school. Minority views are protected too.
Batman and Superman are now "offensive" ?
Sorry..my son is grown up now so I'm out of the Halloween costume loop.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Batman and Superman are now "offensive" ?
Sorry..my son is grown up now so I'm out of the Halloween costume loop.
Schools can make their own policies. According to the link, the "no superheroes" policy came from "an unidentified school". In other words, it may not even be true, yet everyone here is getting all exercised about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events