Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 10:23 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
......or terrorist attacks either except when it is convenient to claim.
^^^Good grief, we have a Benghazi conspiracy person...

I thought 11 hours of being owned should be enough...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 10:35 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
We are all in trouble. It's like a cancer and not being allowed to perform surgery.
I'm hopefull that the liberal politicians that have sacrificed our Police Officers and pandered to the BLM crowd get their comeuppance come election time. Also the last time I voted for a Republican was for Reagan. And after seeing how Obama and the Democrats running in 16 have whored themselves to the BLM crowd I'm without a doubt voting Republican even if it is for that psycho Trump.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:40 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Crime rates are lower now than the 80s and 90s because cops got more proactive through programs like stop question and frisk.
Actually, crime rates have dropped as a direct result of reduced lead exposure in the environment.

America's Real Criminal Element: Lead | Mother Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
That is police officers are becoming less proactive and as a result crime is surging in major urban areas.
If it is any consolation, this should help reverse the trend of gentrification that is pricing a lot of people out of the ghetto.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:52 AM

8,104 posts, read 6,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Actually, crime rates have dropped as a direct result of reduced lead exposure in the environment.

America's Real Criminal Element: Lead | Mother Jones

If it is any consolation, this should help reverse the trend of gentrification that is pricing a lot of people out of the ghetto.
I absolutely love gentrification, as a matter of fact I was part of the gentrification of Bed Stuy Brooklyn. As a result of my actions the city is now collecting property taxes and the utility companies are more profitable. Also more opportunities for businesses and more jobs have been created.
I see gentrification as a cleansing of the dead wood of the ghetto. I also think it's a good thing for the dead wood. A wake up call if you would, to get off your butt and go to work and be productive members of society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events