Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 05:57 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
... anyone know if it's possible to give users negative Reputation points?
Nope. If it were that poster would be miles underground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 06:06 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Actually when I was a kid all the kids in our neighborhood used to have BB gun fights. Still have some of the scars to this day. lol Sure that was taking things a bit far even for those days but nobody ever lost an eye.
My boys used to have air soft gun wars in the neighborhood. All the neighborhood kids had eye goggles or ski goggles and some form of air soft guns. I still find those darn plastic pellets in places...the garden, the garage, the driveway cracks, the deck.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
We also were pretty crazy, and used to make "potato guns" and play war while firing tennis balls at each other.

No scars, but damn those things stung.
My boys built several of those with the neighborhood kids, too. I remember buying bags of potatoes for their ammo....

Old 11-05-2015, 06:07 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,016 times
Someone should buy that kid a real bow.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:08 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Boy and parents should have known better in light of recent climate.

Yeah, every six year old should "know better."
(The parents weren't there.)

Old 11-05-2015, 06:26 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Adult was arrested here in Miami a few years ago after a dispute at a local country club. It was at the tennis courts and the guy held his racket like the shooting position of a rifle towards his antagonist-a woman. She called the cops and he was arrested.

She was an "alleged" adult?
Was the racket loaded?

Old 11-05-2015, 06:34 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
I didn't even bother to read thru this whole thread..This suspension is totally ridiculous..a child of that age mimics..so was it a movie he watched/TV program/parental influence..Yikes back in my day 60 years ago..we mimic'd a whole load of things..It's called playing...There's is something wrong with how school authorities are dealing with "Normal" behaviour versus ABERRANT one's!!

Suspension..is NOT the answer...I call it knee jerk behaviour modifications all the while having absolutely NO educations of normal behaviour of childhood behaviour.....Don't teacher's take such courses???

Old 11-05-2015, 07:03 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
It is not.

If it were, you'd get some for failing Sarcasm 101.
you are apparently blissfully unaware of this person's posting history.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:33 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,095,371 times
That teacher seems to be where the buck stops for fun. It seems like recess at this school is run like a Hitler Youth Camp.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:45 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
If I were the parents I'd take this all the way to the top. Go to their district office and file a complaint. Get that unwarranted suspension reversed.

Imaginary bow and arrow and he's suspended for 3 days?

Are we now going to tell our children, you're imagination will get you suspended so stop being imaginative

Sorry, this is way overboard.
It's a private Catholic School. They can make any rule they wish, you know.....

Old 11-05-2015, 07:53 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times
Just a point about kids this age. Playing these games is actually good for them since it lets them act out being the good guy and saving the world. OTOH, I can see why you would not want them playing this in school, so we used to intervene and help them change the play - turn the bow and arrow into a fire house and put out an imaginary fire, for example. Kids love that kind of thing, too and it allows them to play at being a different kind of hero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events