Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 01:48 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times

Advertisements

Maybe she thought it was a bad taco and it turned out to be a good sausage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 03:26 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,601,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
They think it's cramps, stomach pains, indigestion, constipation, or they have movement when they sleep. Especially at 47.
Plus I've read countless articles about middle age women graining their weight around the middle. Not uncommon to see a 45 year old woman who looks pregnant but isn't. P.s. don't make that mistake. Lol

Old 11-07-2015, 04:20 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,922 times
The mind is a powerful place. I can understand how someone who fully believes pregnancy isn't a possibility would be able to come up with other explanations.

Hope the new parents are doing well!

Old 11-07-2015, 05:42 PM

2,201 posts, read 3,359,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post

To all of you moms out there, did you ever have a pregnancy when you didn't feel the baby move? I know I FELT both of mine kicking the heck out of me lol.
I was pregnant with twins. The only movement I felt was "fluttering" when about 4 months along. Then that stopped, too. But I did look pregnant. LOL, when moms mention the baby kicking or such movements while pregnant....I can't relate at all!

Old 11-07-2015, 05:49 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,752,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakbearcountry View Post
I think people that give birth at 9 months and say, "I had no idea," are full of it short of the morbidly obese people. The reason -- anyone who has had a baby knows when you get to the last month the baby moving can get downright painful. Full body movement and you can literally *see* feet and elbows shoving and pressing against your skin. There's no way you are at that stage and don't know something is up. I mean, what, do you say, "Oh, that thing pushing out from inside me is just one REALLY big gas bubble." I remember pressing back against my babies when they were getting ridiculously pushy and they'd press back against the pressure. How can you possibly not know?!
People are stupid.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:52 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,314,963 times
Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:55 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Woman, 47, Gives Birth to Her First Child an Hour After Learning She Was Pregnant

The baby was over 8 pounds. Kind of hard to believe that she didn't know she was carrying a baby that big. It seems a little odd to be pregnant for nine months and not know there was a child inside her body. I'm assuming the baby must have kicked occasionally, and most women go through other physical changes too. No morning sickness? No swelling? No cravings?
Ohhh Boy..I could tell you of hundreds of such situations from teenagers thru to mid to late 50's..of women who had no clue they were pregnant....Working in a delivery room for over a decade..we would often get a call from ER..active labour and delivery imminent on their way...LOL..

Nearly every one had their unique rationale for NOT realizing..from thought I had a tumour..or thought the kicks inside belly was "Indigestion"..to complete denial..to knew..but HID it from parents.....

But for any grown women..to NOT know..actually speaks to completely being uneducated about the basics of reproduction....but to give this 47 year old a break, may I suggest.. She HAD no idea nor experience of being pregnant, serious isolations of being around pregnant folks..plus at her age..figuring it was "THE change"..deflecting the possibility....

Now...how are these pre- retirement aged folks ( likely to retire within 15 years) are they going to deal with this new "Cost of Living" on their plan?? I say WHO KNOWS??

Old 11-07-2015, 07:21 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
its one thing,,,not being able to find a parked car (as a woman) but to not know you have a child ready to calve??

these are the same women that will try on 53 different pants before she finds the one that fits "just right"???
these are the same women that will take two hours to get ready to go to mcdonalds???
these are the same women that will contemplate a new hairstyle for a year,,before she does... ???
and not know she's 8 months pregnant???????

no wonder we men die first !!

Old 11-07-2015, 07:38 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Ok, well I guess some women would maybe think it was a tumor, but wouldn't a normally healthy woman GO to a doctor once a tumor was large enough that their bellies are extended??

Like, wouldn't you be worried? Wouldn't you be a little curious if you were going to die from a malignant tumor? OR do they think it would to just dissolve in time? Dah!

Old 11-07-2015, 08:10 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Plus I've read countless articles about middle age women graining their weight around the middle. Not uncommon to see a 45 year old woman who looks pregnant but isn't. P.s. don't make that mistake. Lol
Yes, I know someone can "look" pregnant but not be pregnant. But, and I guess it's hard to explain to someone who hasn't been there, when you're pregnant your belly doesn't feel squishy like fat. It feels firm. You can't lie on your stomach, because it feels like lying on a bowling ball. If you hug someone, there is this large solid thing between you. I still don't understand how a normal sized woman could be 9 months pregnant and say oh well, I've just gained a lot of belly fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events