Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should they shut down mosques in America?
Yes 77 18.08%
No 304 71.36%
No, but they should keep a database of all muslims 45 10.56%
Voters: 426. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 08:30 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Nope, sorry, all of that "violence" is clearly to be accomplished by God Himself by His Hand and His judgment, not by His followers.

However, as I said: I'm not talking about all Muslims, I'm talking about whether the radical extremist Muslims commit terror because of their particular Islamic beliefs: Yes, they do. They are not terrorists because a dog bit them when they were children, they are terrorists because of their Muslim beliefs. The fact that most Muslims may not believe the same way is irrelevant to and for those terrorists.
They are the result of religious extremism as are the KKK.

I like how you try to dismiss the Old Testament as if it doesn't exist or as if the laws of the old testament do not apply anymore!

For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:18-19)

Did you also forget that the ten commandments are also Old Testament? Guess they don't matter!

Oh and don't think that it's up for you to interpret which laws you can pick and choose.

Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21)

Oops!!

Get off of your high horse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 08:42 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
'KKK and Crusades are Christian, but ISIS has nothing to do with Islam'. - Obama

Old 11-30-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
'KKK and Crusades are Christian, but ISIS has nothing to do with Islam'. - Obama
Either you're terrible at quoting, I'm terrible at finding quotes, or you took whatever he said and changed it.

Please point me to the video where he said this, I'd like to get the full context of the clip.

PS: For what it's worth, what Obama did or did not say has nothing to do with my original post...

Old 11-30-2015, 09:28 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post

I like how you try to dismiss the Old Testament as if it doesn't exist or as if the laws of the old testament do not apply anymore!

For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:18-19)

Did you also forget that the ten commandments are also Old Testament? Guess they don't matter!

Oh and don't think that it's up for you to interpret which laws you can pick and choose.

Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21)

Oops!!

Get off of your high horse
Not sure what your point was in regard to what I said.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:37 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times
To prove your point bout no prophecy being up to personal interpretation you quote Peter? Wouldn't that mean that verse itself could be viewed by personal interpretation then.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
To prove your point bout no prophecy being up to personal interpretation you quote Peter? Wouldn't that mean that verse itself could be viewed by personal interpretation then.
No, it would mean the exact opposite.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:11 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Just need to eliminate all religion and other nonsense magical thinking with education.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:50 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
All of us need to show that ISIS does not represent Islam

By the same token then the Holy Inquisition didn't represent the Catholic Church .
But in my opinion if someone talks , looks and acts like a 6th century moslem, he is still a moslem. Not the kind of moslem we wish to have in the West, unfortunately, but still a moslem.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:28 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,220,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We do need more Imams like Azeez, but men like him are few. Most American Mosques do not even have an Imam, few people have the desire to be one. There is no Central Authority that provides Imams, when a Community or Individual builds a Mosque, it becomes their responsibility to find an Imam, generally he will be the oldest person in the community. In the event there is no Imam the oldest person present at prayer time is to be the Imam if he is capable of leading the prayers.
We need less Imams and less mosques and less muslims period! The fact that even 25% of all muslims support ISIS in america is way too damn high.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:02 AM

19,021 posts, read 14,198,297 times
If you think it is a VIOLATION of AMERICAN LAW to ban ISLAM, deport all MUSLIMS, and close all MOSQUES, reconsider -

It is a violation of American law to advocate the overthrow of America's government - which is exactly what ISLAM teaches.
"The Smith Act"
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385
: : : : : : : :
"I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (saith Mohammed)
Hadith about Jihad - Islam web - English
= = =
Eternal jihad until all are converted, dhimmi, or dead.
Convert, Submit, or DIE.
No other option.
. . .
Peaceful Muslims and bloodthirsty Jihadis are all part of Islam.
Nothing guarantees the former nor prevents the latter.
Both are “acceptable” to Islam.
But are both acceptable to civilized nations?
"Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."
- - - Omar Ahmad, CAIR’s founder
As part of Islam, Shari'ah law supersedes all other laws - - - like constitutional ones.

If you refuse to ban Islam, they dictate your next choice:
convert, submit, or die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events