Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 08:23 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I feel bad for sporting good stores. that will definitely hurt their bottom line.

Not really, because the local dealer it's shipped to will be compensated. And it'll bring more business to their stores.

The nervous hens are at it again, imagining ordering a gun ala QVC and having it arrive a week later. Not so. The purchases are shipped to a dealer, then the buyer follows all laws before acquiring it from.the dealer. What this does do, is widen the choice of weapons to include those local gun shops don't carry. That's a good thing.

Lol, again, it's amusing to hear the hand-wringers on TV, who know nothing about guns OR this venture, flap their gums about both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 10:30 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,755,918 times
My question is, how many guns do Americans need, for Pete's sake? We already have 90 guns for every 100 people. Does someone really need more of them?

Old 12-10-2015, 10:32 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,988,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
My question is, how many guns do Americans need, for Pete's sake? We already have 90 guns for every 100 people. Does someone really need more of them?
There's 10 people in your claimed count that don't have one, that would be a place to start.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:06 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
There's 10 people in your claimed count that don't have one, that would be a place to start.

Yeah. And just who are those other 90 people? They don't live around me. But then just throwing out numbers without facts is nothing new.

El Nox

Old 12-10-2015, 11:11 AM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Reminds me of a joke by the late NYC comedian David Brenner. Brenner is driving through Texas and is pulled over by a Texas state trooper.

Trooper: "Sir, do you have a firearm in that vehicle?"
Brenner: "Oh, no, officer!"
Trooper: "Well, here, take this one."

Old 12-10-2015, 02:15 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post

It's amazing, guns reproduce in the safe. One day there's one the next day two. And, you know where it goes from there.

I believe that I read an article that said the average gun owner owns 8 weapons. Not sure how accurate that is, but I bet it's close

(Only thing worse is holsters. MrsM and I have a drawer full....THERE IS NO PERFECT HOLSTER)

Old 12-10-2015, 02:58 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,980,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
It's amazing, guns reproduce in the safe. One day there's one the next day two. And, you know where it goes from there.

Of course they do, just like the stuff you store in your closet. Only belongings that never get any privacy fail to breed.

Quote:
Only thing worse is holsters. MrsM and I have a drawer full....THERE IS NO PERFECT HOLSTER
YES THERE IS! You just haven't found it yet. Now go and shop some more.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:49 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,967 times
There's been as many deaths in Obama's Fast and Furious campaign (and they're still piling on) as there was in both the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts combined.... yet we worry about a few nut jobs shooting up their work environs. Workplace violence has been going on since before I was born... it will be going on after I'm dead. How about we work on things we can work on, like not funding arms to Cannibal Warlords in Liberia, and handing tanks over to ISIS? Make your votes count and vote to not pay taxes to fund our REAL gun control issues.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:14 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Gun sales are breaking records. There will be over 21 million legally purchased firearms this year alone! I own a couple of guns. Now I am looking at getting a better concealed handgun. Obama has done more for the gun industry than any other President!!!!!(unintentional!)
This isn't necessarily a good thing. I'm a second amendment supporter in a libertarian state, but I don't think this is a good idea. Many tv addicts can't even handle a car properly, you want to give the QVC addict a gun?

Old 12-11-2015, 07:31 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,969,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
This isn't necessarily a good thing. I'm a second amendment supporter in a libertarian state, but I don't think this is a good idea. Many tv addicts can't even handle a car properly, you want to give the QVC addict a gun?
BUT...BUT...BUT...
All transactions will have to go through a licensed dealer, and the dealer has to (according to FEDERAL LAW) do a background check. That means that no one can get a gun unless they are cleared by an agency of THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT!
Such background checks are exactly what the "common sense gun laws" supporters want! what could possibly go wrong?
Oh, wait, San Bernardino comes immediately to mind.
Oh, well...
Full back ground checks will stop gun violence! Those who demand it know it to be true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events