Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 04:02 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times

Advertisements

Was this one of those "honor killings" we hear about lately?

We have been married 51 years and in my family I am the 4th generation in a row to be married over 50 years. We are blessed with good health. It's about something called commitment. Words mean things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 05:46 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post

We have been married 51 years and in my family I am the 4th generation in a row to be married over 50 years. We are blessed with good health. It's about something called commitment. Words mean things.
The only "commitment" here should have been of this mentally unstable man. Keep in mind that she had gotten away from it. Sadly, it is very hard to keep these nut cases away from the children. I believe that you have no idea what kinds of situations exist out there beyond your own corner.

There is also a good chance that he was "depressed" with the "poor me" syndrome and gotten a prescription for one of those drugs they advertise on TV that cause aggression, thoughts of suicide, etc. The man was evil and it is good that he is gone, just bad he took the girls with him. I bet he was a real prize to be married to. Maybe the girls didn't want to be with him as this happens when a parent is cruel or violent, he got angry, killed them and didn't have time to get away before the police came.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:01 AM

836 posts, read 1,778,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Where'd he get the gun?
It is not that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Keep in mind that she had gotten away from it.
Sadly, it is very hard to keep these nut cases away from the children. I believe that you have no idea what kinds of situations exist out there beyond your own corner.
Yep, I can attest to that, the courts can/will assign shared custody even in documented cases of domestic abuse (since the "violence was against the wife and not the children".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Maybe the girls didn't want to be with him as this happens when a parent is cruel or violent, he got angry, killed them and didn't have time to get away before the police came.
Sadly, kids have no choice, especially at those ages...

Old 12-27-2015, 06:07 AM

836 posts, read 1,778,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Divorce does bad things to peoples heads. Our society builds marriage up as this perfect thing that lasts forever. Then reality comes along and people learn...
its not that way at all.
Something must have been very wrong in his head, besides the divorce!
Most people to not expect marriage to be perfect and they realize that quite a few end in divorce.

In fact, because it is so common nowadays, it shouldn't be as devastating as to make somebody insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I guess he couldn't have killed them without one.
He could have, just not as easily.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:44 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post

Who knows? It certainly falls under thuggish behavior. But let's talk about mental illness.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:10 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
This is just awful! What is wrong with people?

Dad fatally shoots 2 young daughters in Foothills
Same thing happened nearby in New Jersey, Police searching for motive in Edgewater, New Jersey murder-suicide. Just sickening.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:38 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,913,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
Who cares? you think the gun spurred on the violence?
Do you think the gun was a "positive" influence?

I already know your answer...or lack of one.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:46 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
This is just awful! What is wrong with people?

Dad fatally shoots 2 young daughters in Foothills
Just like purchase of a firearm, there should be a background check and a license issued like you would need for concealed carry before anyone can have a child....

Old 12-27-2015, 01:08 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,249,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Just like purchase of a firearm, there should be a background check and a license issued like you would need for concealed carry before anyone can have a child....
Only during the first weeks of pregnancy could it be considered concealed carry.

Old 12-27-2015, 01:21 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
Who cares? you think the gun spurred on the violence?
Don't know whether it "spurred the violence" but having a gun makes it a whole lot easier to kill somebody. You don't have to get up close and personal, put your hands on anybody or even work up a sweat. Just move your finger a tad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events