Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 11:51 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
What happens when an ambulance gets caught up in a protest and the person in the ambulance dies because he/she was not able to receive medical help in time. That otherwise would have been very treatable if no roads were blocked.
So, we should also arrest all those drivers I see constantly who refuse to move over to let an ambulance through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 11:51 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
Let's just point out here that the question can be seen in two ways:

"Can protests be legally construed as domestic terrorism?"

and

"Can protests be morally construed as domestic terrorism?"

Most of the answers seem not to acknowledge this very valid distinction. The very notion that what is legal defines what is moral, I find appalling, and very sad that anyone seems sucked into it.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:24 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
The way it works in reality is that if a black man representing BLM peacefully protests at a Trump event, then yes, it is considered radical terrorism and that individual is legally subject to the whim of the crowd, including, but not limited to, group spitting, mass kicking while on the ground, punching and actual shooting, if he resists or fights back.
If a bunch of white guys carry loaded AR15s and march around a Mosque then throw pig heads and firebombs, it's just good old American citizens exercising their first Amendment rights and every Muslim within 10 miles better keep their mouths shut if they know what's good for them.
That's how it works in real time.

Old 12-26-2015, 12:59 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
So, we should also arrest all those drivers I see constantly who refuse to move over to let an ambulance through.
Wow..is this how you really think? You're comparing apples & oranges here. There is a HUGE difference in people holding up traffic illegally versus people who don't even see the ambulance coming.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:00 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaBull13 View Post
You do realize you completely missed the first portion of the definition:
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State

The definition is not A or B or (i) or (ii) or ....

It is A AND B (of which must fall within one of the sub-definitions i, ii, or iii) AND C

So the answer is NO, unless you can show that the demonstrations were a danger to human life.

You are treading on very dangerous ground if you want to redefine domestic terrorism to only need the (i) definition.

I'm pretty sure standing on the 405(San Diego Freeway) which is what happened on Wens would fall under the category of acts dangerous to human life.

I live in Southern CA and that is one of our busiest freeways, also the freeway used to get to LAX. You know people trying to catch flights.

Real smart to stand in the middle of 5 lanes of traffic, the southbound lanes were picked due to that being the way to the airport.

They had one of the representatives of the BLM movement on the local news. She told the reporter they only demonstrate in a safe manner. The reporter looked at her like she had two heads and asked how is standing on freeway safe?

Their cars got towed, and they got arrested. All they did was p**s off people, many who had(had being the key word) empathy for their cause. Who no longer have empathy for their cause.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:23 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
x

Their cars got towed, and they got arrested. All they did was p**s off people, many who had(had being the key word) empathy for their cause. Who no longer have empathy for their cause.
Do you really know this to be true?

Old 12-26-2015, 03:37 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Do you really know this to be true?
Common sense says this is true. And many protests have in fact backfired on those protesting. When the news is about your disruption, and not about your message, your protest has failed.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:40 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The way it works in reality is that if a black man representing BLM peacefully protests at a Trump event, then yes, it is considered radical terrorism and that individual is legally subject to the whim of the crowd, including, but not limited to, group spitting, mass kicking while on the ground, punching and actual shooting, if he resists or fights back.
If a bunch of white guys carry loaded AR15s and march around a Mosque then throw pig heads and firebombs, it's just good old American citizens exercising their first Amendment rights and every Muslim within 10 miles better keep their mouths shut if they know what's good for them.
That's how it works in real time.

While I agree with the Mosque scenario, in regards to the first event; please!! In real time the BLM protest probably would not be all that peaceful, but even if it turned rough, whitey better not say or do one thing about it, lest the lawsuits, more violent demonstrations, and ridiculous pandering and labeling in the name of Social Justice commence! and before some SJW tells me to "check my privilege" let me inform said SJW that I'M not the one that can get my every whim catered to, no matter how ridiculous, just by crying "racism" and threatening lawsuits and "justice"

Old 12-26-2015, 03:47 PM

639 posts, read 579,074 times
The 1st amendment is not a blank check. You cant violate someones rights while expressing your own.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:37 PM

3,316 posts, read 2,132,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Common sense says this is true. And many protests have in fact backfired on those protesting. When the news is about your disruption, and not about your message, your protest has failed.
Ideally this is true, though in reality it depends on who's delivering the news (and who's absorbing the news as well).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events