Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 06:08 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,151,448 times

Advertisements

Remember how Blue Bell Ice Cream production was stopped because of listeria concerns? Supposedly the company was cleaning its plants and is now back in business, and have been sending out Blue Bell products to stores. Remember, the problems at the plants go back for years.

However, the Justice Department is NOT happy about how the whole thing was handled by the company:

Justice Department investigating Blue Bell Creameries - CNN.com

However, if you read the company Facebook page, you will see that many consumers couldn't care less that PEOPLE DIED from the ice cream, and just want their Blue Bell back! They were begging for their ice cream!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-...am/40390321678

You wouldn't think that people could be that stupid . . . oh, wait . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 06:12 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
i like blue bell, its good. especially cookie and creme

Old 01-02-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
The people that run the company should go to prison.

There is plenty of good ice cream out there. Besides, it's fattening.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:58 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Remember how Blue Bell Ice Cream production was stopped because of listeria concerns? Supposedly the company was cleaning its plants and is now back in business, and have been sending out Blue Bell products to stores. Remember, the problems at the plants go back for years.

However, the Justice Department is NOT happy about how the whole thing was handled by the company:

However, if you read the company Facebook page, you will see that many consumers couldn't care less that PEOPLE DIED from the ice cream, and just want their Blue Bell back! They were begging for their ice cream!

You didn't have to wait long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Priceless.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
You didn't have to wait long.

Priceless.
Yes, I think it proved my point.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:16 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
The people that died were already in the hospital for conditions that were likely to be fatal, and the Health Department stated in no uncertain terms that the listeria was NOT the cause of death. But some people don't want to read ALL of the information that's available out there, because what fun are facts? Much more exciting to go around saying PEOPLE DIED because of the listeria rather than the reason they were in the hospital to begin with.

That's fine - more for me. And, no, I'm not stupid, I just believe in researching all the facts, not just the exciting ones that the media uses to sell eyeballs.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
The people that died were already in the hospital for conditions that were likely to be fatal, and the Health Department stated in no uncertain terms that the listeria was NOT the cause of death. But some people don't want to read ALL of the information that's available out there, because what fun are facts? Much more exciting to go around saying PEOPLE DIED because of the listeria rather than the reason they were in the hospital to begin with.

That's fine - more for me. And, no, I'm not stupid, I just believe in researching all the facts, not just the exciting ones that the media uses to sell eyeballs.
How the listeria recall tarnished ice cream maker Blue Bell - Fortune

Quote:
Lost among the laments was the fact that Blue Bell had found listeria—the bacteria implicated in the outbreak—in a plant two years earlier but failed to solve the problem. And what was identified as an infection outbreak in 2015 was actually sickening people as early as 2010.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:45 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post

No, you just believe everything you're told....LOL.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:17 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
"You wouldn't think that people could be that stupid . . . oh, wait . . ."

They are investigating when and where Blue Bell found out about the listeria that caused the shut down. The investigation has nothing to do with Blue Bell's current production, the Feds okayed that. Folks aren't being stupid, it's safe to eat again.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:27 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post

People still drive Toyotas after it was learned that they knew about brake problems and hid it. There are other car manufacturers out there with similar problems. Brand loyalty I guess. I will say that during the great Blue Bell famine of 2015, I couldn't find a single ice cream that was as tasty.

Is the Justice Department going to look into the E. Coli at Chipotle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events