Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2016, 05:40 PM

367 posts, read 457,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
The farce is strong with this one...

I am amazed that you can find a way to twist this back around so it is the guys' fault that they just didn't speed away from this woman and truly let her off the hook without having any proof of who she really is.
It could have ended at the push-off if he was in the car. That is undeniable, sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 05:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
I'm sick of the apologist attitudes I'm reading re: this woman.

Again, if this had been a guy doing the same thing, he would be in prison for assault. So, some cute little female doctor does it and she can get away with it and have 0 consequences. WTF?!

No matter what she looks like, it doesn't change the fact that she's a sorry sack of $#@$ that should get fired. I would never want to go to a doctor like her, nor would I want a family member (or anyone I cared about) to go to a doctor like her. She doesn't deserve this type of job/responsibility, and or the money that goes along with the job.

Yeah, can you imagine if this was a 250 lb black woman who had done this?

Sorry, but at age 30 (and younger, I might add), you should be well beyond the years of making stupid *mistakes*.

And anyone capable of behaving this way generally doesn't do it as a one off - this is who they are at their core.

Even in this thread we see people saying they would not want this dingbat to care for them or a loved one. That's exactly why she was cut loose. The hospital was being proactive.

She's not the victim here, folks, she brought this on herself...as an adult. Most of us would lose our jobs if we did the same and it was made public. Every decision we make, every action we take, will result in some kind of consequence. She probably didn't learn that as a child. If she's lucky, she'll learn it now.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:58 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,682 times
Miami doctor suspended after video of her attacking Uber driver goes viral | Miami Herald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Herald
A neurology resident at Jackson Health System has been placed on administrative leave after a YouTube video of her hitting and screaming profanities at an Uber driver went viral, a hospital spokeswoman confirmed in a statement.

Anjali Ramkissoon, a fourth-year resident, was “removed from all clinical duties.”

“Jackson has launched an internal investigation,” the statement reads. “The outcome of the investigation will determine whether any disciplinary action will be taken, up to and including termination.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
UPDATE: Dr. Anjali N. Ramkissoon, MD has now lost her job at the University of Miami Hospital. She will also probably lose her medical license
She did not lose her job. If she did, it has not been announced. Google shows that she was placed on on administrative leave. There is no word, on if it's paid or unpaid leave though. If she gets paid leave, she gets to stay home and enjoy her paychecks.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:44 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I feel sorry for the young woman. She made a terrible decision that night and who hasn't done that....terribly embarrassing ones that we cringe when those decisions are remembered? Fortunately, we weren't filmed and our shame filled behavior posted for the world to view on the web for the rest of our lives.

One very stupid incident, one terrible night of behavior, shouldn't ruin this women's life. I hope her employers give her another chance. We all deserve at least one Mulligan.
And you don't feel terribly sorry for the man, who had probably worked a long day, has a family to support, and had to lose time, money and precious business resources due to an adult brat's tempor tantrum? It's not like she is 21, she is a 30 year old professional.

I don't understand why anyone would feel sorry for her- her public shaming will probably only last a month, and she will be back at work and belittling service people who are beneath her once again.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:51 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yeah, can you imagine if this was a 250 lb black woman who had done this?

Sorry, but at age 30 (and younger, I might add), you should be well beyond the years of making stupid *mistakes*.

And anyone capable of behaving this way generally doesn't do it as a one off - this is who they are at their core.

Even in this thread we see people saying they would not want this dingbat to care for them or a loved one. That's exactly why she was cut loose. The hospital was being proactive.

She's not the victim here, folks, she brought this on herself...as an adult. Most of us would lose our jobs if we did the same and it was made public. Every decision we make, every action we take, will result in some kind of consequence. She probably didn't learn that as a child. If she's lucky, she'll learn it now.
I agree 100%- we well know that if it had been a black woman or someone who had a lower-income job, no one would have any compasion for her whatsoever and would be tearing her to shreds.

Amazing the double standards people hold for drunk adults who have higher paying jobs. Many people have also defended the Taco Bell exec drunk, WTH?????

Old 01-24-2016, 06:58 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDrenter223 View Post
Might be best to leave her be.

Residency is stressful, and not everyone can deal with that stress properly. Looks to me that she hit the tipping point and this guy was on the other side of that.
You do realize that her chosen profession can be stressful, right? If she can't handle stress she shouldn't be a physician.

I used to license physicians many years ago. I will say that there were several physicians who passed that probably shouldn't have. It's pretty difficult to deny licensure unless someone does something that causes egregious harm (or could). And then there were those head scratching times when the board would deny someone for something relatively harmless.

However, since she's a resident, programs can deny her admission and she'll be SOL. They'd be smart not to touch her now.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:22 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,093 times
Great! More apologist behavior for this rich little piece of $%@ - just because she's an attractive woman with a nice ass. WTF is the world coming to. Cute girl goes on a rampage & everyone says that she deserves another chance, etc. just because she has a prestigious job. She should have thought of that before she went off on an innocent Uber driver.

Again, if this woman had been an unattractive woman with teeth missing (for example), I doubt anyone on here would be defending her. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Quote:
I feel sorry for the young woman. She made a terrible decision that night and who hasn't done that....terribly embarrassing ones that we cringe when those decisions are remembered? Fortunately, we weren't filmed and our shame filled behavior posted for the world to view on the web for the rest of our lives.

One very stupid incident, one terrible night of behavior, shouldn't ruin this women's life. I hope her employers give her another chance. We all deserve at least one Mulligan.
Sorry to give you a little dose of reality here, but I think most of us - who haven't been arrested for assault - probably haven't tried to beat up an innocent Uber driver for no reason.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 01-24-2016 at 07:55 PM..

Old 01-24-2016, 07:31 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
She was drunk asf and acting like a early twenties drunk instead of a grown woman. I remember being crazy like that when I got drunk when I was in my early twenties--it was immaturity. In her case, it's immaturity too but that's sort of scary considering that she's a doctor and that she's old enough to know better. Still I don't know if her actions deserve her losing everything... She should be reprimanded and suffer the consequences of being temporarily blacklisted, but then she should be able to move forward from this. She didn't kill anyone or seriously harm the guy, she was just drunk, irresponsible, reckless, and violent unnecessarily(which were all the result of drinking).

Really all I could focus on during that video was that a** lol. :-)

Old 01-24-2016, 07:57 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Great! More apologist behavior for this rich little piece of $%@ - just because she's an attractive woman with a nice ass. WTF is the world coming to. Cute girl goes on a rampage & everyone says that she deserves another chance, etc. just because she has a prestigious job. She should have thought of that before she went off on an innocent Uber driver.

Again, if this woman had been an unattractive woman with teeth missing (for example), I doubt anyone on here would be defending her. What a bunch of hypocrites.

This entitled bit$# doesn't deserve a job cleaning bathrooms after the way she's behaved. If she does get to keep her job, I hope she's boycotted, loses her patients, then is forced to quit.

Sorry to give you a little dose of reality here, but I think most of us - who haven't been arrested for assault - probably haven't tried to beat up an innocent Uber driver for no reason.
This woman's behavior was atrocious and there is no defending her behavior. It is absolutely, totally indefensible. She should be punished, has been, and will continue to be. This documentation of her actions will never go away, ever. It will be on youtube for her colleagues, future patients, children, grandchildren to see forever.

My point was she deserves another chance. I think everyone does.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
This woman's behavior was atrocious and there is no defending her behavior. It is absolutely, totally indefensible. She should be punished, has been, and will continue to be. This documentation of her actions will never go away, ever. It will be on youtube for her colleagues, future patients, children, grandchildren to see forever.

My point was she deserves another chance. I think everyone does.

So you and others who feel she shouldn't lose her job must also feel the marketing exec from Taco Bell shouldn't have lost his job either?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events