Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 10:08 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
In my opinion, which I am entitled to, the kid on the bike was LUCKY the accidental bullet didn't kill him.

The officer was also LUCKY the accidental bullet didn't hit a vital (i.e. more probable to cause his death) area.
If it had the biker would be dead, and the officer would most definitely be facing - at least - involuntary manslaughter charges, and his career would most likely be over. There was luck there for both of them.

No one is perfect, not even you or me. The kid clearly wasn't perfect. Accidents happen. Crap happens.

I have accidently driven over the speed limit, and I know how scary it is to find a slow moving vehicle pulling out in front of you about a quarter of a mile away, and finding you are having trouble avoiding an accident. When I did it, cars were made of metal - today, they are made of Styrofoam and fiberglass, hence the fiberglass reference. I did not comment on any helmet.
See how easy it is for anyone to mis-interpret someone elses words?

I am against a world without police, and to me, that officer did not appear to be a bad guy, and neither did the biker. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. *shrugs*
Don't be naive.
Cops get a paid vacation even in deaths by excessive force with video evidence.
Here, it's accidental and will be acquitted even if there is a charge if any.
Remember, they are above law.

If you do the same, you can blame on muscle memory or whatever brain memory, you'll go into jail assuming you are not a cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 10:09 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,729 times
Let's see, we have at least 20 posters. Good! We are all going on a road trip and each conduct a ride along in the worst part of town starting during shift change at peak rush hour- lasting a full 12 hour shift.

6 hours of those will be on foot patrol being proactive in the most known crime filled alleys and back streets. Upon completion, we will conduct a stain check.

Then we will talk lack of training or not.

Word to the wise, don't you ever knock a profession til you have fully experienced it.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Let's see, we have at least 20 posters. Good! We are all going on a road trip and each conduct a ride along in the worst part of town starting during shift change at peak rush hour- lasting a full 12 hour shift.

6 hours of those will be on foot patrol being proactive in the most known crime filled alleys and back streets. Upon completion, we will conduct a stain check.

Word to the wise, don't you ever knock a profession til you have fully experienced it.
I don't care what the profession is.
Innocent people don't need a bullet going through their innards unless they are going in an active war zone.
Even in active war zone, soldiers avoid killing innocent civilians in unknown country and even they face charges when they target civilians but we have a tradition here in our own country where cops kill Americans and get away to a paid vacation and enjoy until things settle to come back to do the same thing over and over.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:14 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
There's no valid excuse for someone who has supposedly gone through extensive training and whose job entails carrying a firearm to do something so stupid.

At the very least this cop should have been fired and barred from working as an LEO ever again.
Despite all the training and academic education doctors have, they still perform malpractices. Don't be so quick to judge out of emotion.

I will come to your job and fire you for the equivalent of what a cop has to perform on duty.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:23 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
As I said I opened this thread expecting to be upset at the officer's actions. I get just as angry at those videos as everyone else and they make me sick. But unlike many of you I don't tend to take a side automatically. I review each one of these as individual events and voice my opinion based on the evidence. I'd like to think that is a more objective way of doing things.

Sadly many of you don't do that. It's more than clear to me that you will blame the officer and call for him to be thrown in jail in every one of these incidents. That's both disappointing and so very very wrong.

Anyone looking at that video, that STARTS with the rider going full speed with sirens and lights going off which clearly shows this went on longer than the 8 seconds recorded before he pulled over, and came to the conclusion that this rider was not trying to evade the office and this was a simply traffic stop is simply not being fair to the officer. To claim that a rider would not see the flashing lights not only in his rear view but also in front (remember I rode a bike, you can see them as they shine on the pavement in front of you vehicle) and that he did not hear that screaming siren from 10 yards away is to be honest insulting.

Being prejudice against the police is just as wrong as the police being prejudice against a certain segment of our population.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 01-28-2016 at 10:34 AM..

Old 01-28-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
As I said I opened this thread expecting to be upset at the officer's actions. I get just as angry at those videos as everyone else and they make me sick. But unlike many of you I don't tend to take a side automatically. I review each one of these as individual events and voice my opinion based on the evidence. I'd like to think that is a more objective way of doing things.

Sadly many of you don't do that. It's more than clear to me that you will blame the officer and call for him to be thrown in jail in every one of these incidents. That's both disappointing and so very very wrong.

Anyone looking at that video, that STARTS with the rider going full speed with sirens and lights going off, and came to the conclusion that this rider was not trying to evade the office and this was a simply traffic stop is very very prejudice against the police. And that is just as wrong as the police being prejudice against a certain segment of our population.
Ya, it's wrong because it's not you who got shot for nothing.
Once you or someone you know gets shot for nothing by cops and they just say 'Oops' sorry, I killed your relative but it's my muscle memory that killed, not me so I go my merry way to a vacation and come back to do the same thing. Imagine that scenario.

You make mistake, you pay for it whether you are a cop or a citizen.
If you make mistake with firearm and hurt/kill innocent people, you should be punished and SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OWN A FIREARM AGAIN EVER but sadly we love our pigs too much to punish even the bad ones

Last edited by Mystery123; 01-28-2016 at 10:43 AM..

Old 01-28-2016, 10:32 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Ya, it's wrong because it's not you who got shot for nothing.
Once you or someone you know gets shot for nothing by cops and they just say 'Oops' sorry, I killed your relative but it's my muscle memory that killed, not me so I go my merry way to a vacation and come back to do the same thing.

You make mistake, you pay for it whether you are a cop or a citizen.
If you make mistake with firearm and hurt/kill innocent people, you should be punished and SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OWN A FIREARM AGAIN EVER but sadly we love our pigs too much to punish even the bad ones

The word "pigs" disqualifies you from any claim of objectivity. To be honest that's a disgusting post you just wrote. I can't wait for you to be a victim of a crime and call on one of these "pigs" to help you out.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The word "pigs" disqualifies you from any claim of objectivity. To be honest that's a disgusting post you just wrote. I can't wait for you to be a victim of a crime and call on one of these "pigs" to help you out.
I'm fine awarding good cops and as long as they do what they are paid to do from my taxes.
Lot of cops are good and they get medals and promotions and raise etc..., that's great and they deserve it.

Problem is bad ones don't get the same treatment that good ones do. Bad ones also deserve punishment and this stupid system backs them up with lies and pays on their behalf instead of punishing them. THAT'S utter stupidity.
It's a tradition and yes PIGS is basically for those who actually have less than PIG'S brain and cause these kinds of incidents.

Well some fat good ones also can be called that but that's different thing.

You are a sad ahole to wish someone involve in a crime.
What a pathetic mentality you have.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:29 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
Yikes, what a night mare. I'm sure his career is over. I feel sorry for that poor young man on the motorcycle. I also feel sorry for the cop.

Accidental discharges happen and I know of two cops that it happened to. One shot his patrol car, and one shop a hole in the wall of his house. It's unfortunate that this time it happened to an innocent victim. It's horrifying.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:45 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post

They were out in the country in Minnesota. Get a grip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events