Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 02:15 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
Most cops are low IQ school dropouts who attend an academy for couple of months and given power of authority and guns. Yeah, nothing bad could possibly happen.
Every study has shown that the higher the level of education of the cop the less likely they are to be involved in bribery, graft corruption or other police misconduct or police brutality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 02:18 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If this was a civilian, and not a cop, the civilian would have been charged with whatever Minnesota's equivalent of reckless endangerment and assault with a deadly weapon are. But, since it was a cop, no harm, no foul. Oops
I have never seen a civilian pull over a motorist.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:31 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I have never seen a civilian pull over a motorist.
Exactly. A citizen rarely has a right to point a gun at a stranger. As I have been explaining all morning this officer did what ever other officer in the history of video tape and beyond has done, specifically drawn down on a suspect who was attempting to flee. So this is not a fair comparison to say we would be in jail and he isn't. Totally different situation.

Look again I share the concern about bad cops getting off. I get it, it happens a lot and it pisses me off too. But this was a mistake. A mistake he instantly showed remorse, accountability, and compassion about. How often does a cop admit his mistake? He clearly did that on the video.

This does not look like a "bad cop" to me. It was a terribel mistake some of you want punished by firing the officer or resigned to desk duty, AKA the rubber room for a field officer. IMO that is a total overreaction.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
My comment on he may do it again just to go on a vacation is just a thought but the point is he won't care a bit about this incident as it legally didn't do any negative on his career.

What a ridiculous assumption to make. How in the world can you claim he doesn't care about this incident? If he didn't care would he have reacted the way he did? How often does an officer admit guilt, which is exactly what he did, to the victim by admitting it was not on purpose. You think the union wanted him to do that rather than keep quiet and assume no guilt? Instead he showed compassion and immediately administered first aid because he obviously felt badly.

As I have already explained a suspension does in fact result in a negative for his career. So there's that.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:45 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,285,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
What a ridiculous assumption to make. How in the world can you claim he doesn't care about this incident? If he didn't care would he have reacted the way he did? How often does an officer admit guilt, which is exactly what he did, to the victim by admitting it was not on purpose. You think the union wanted him to do that rather than keep quiet and assume no guilt? Instead he showed compassion and immediately administered first aid because he obviously felt badly.

As I have already explained a suspension does in fact result in a negative for his career. So there's that.
Doesn't matter.
He made a huge mistake with a firearm.
Shot at unarmed civilian. I heard two shots, not one.
He basically could have killed the guy.
It was pure luck that he got in the arm.

I don't want a cop like that pulling me over nor near me anywhere.
He should be put to desk job, never active duty.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:02 PM

4,855 posts, read 2,670,979 times
HELP!..call me a lawyer! I feel compensation setting in!

Old 01-28-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Doesn't matter.
He made a huge mistake with a firearm.
Shot at unarmed civilian. I heard two shots, not one.
He basically could have killed the guy.
It was pure luck that he got in the arm.

I don't want a cop like that pulling me over nor near me anywhere.
He should be put to desk job, never active duty.
You are being to make more sense. I can't argue too much with this, even though I don't totally agree I can see why you would feel this way. And I heard two shots as well and wondered about that. But I also heard an immediate "oh F...." right after the shots.

Now the cynical person that you are would say he was immediately concerned because he was worried about his own hide. And again I get that. Me? I think he was immediately sorry for what happened. And you will never convince me he didn't care about the incident once he was cleared, that the suspension was not bad for his career, or that he would seek out another one as a paid vacation. These were all claims you have made today.

And again the argument that the motorcycle rider didn't know he was being chased and this was a routine traffic stop (not made by you by the way but don't stop me, I'm on a roll) was just not backed by the evidence.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 01-28-2016 at 04:33 PM..

Old 01-28-2016, 08:19 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
Does anyone have info on the overall length of the chase?

Would the officer not turn on the dash cam right away w/a rider like that, that is blatantly and recklessly breaking multiple traffic laws?? Why would you not turn it on asap?

Old 01-28-2016, 09:02 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Another day, another dirty cop.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Does anyone have info on the overall length of the chase?

Would the officer not turn on the dash cam right away w/a rider like that, that is blatantly and recklessly breaking multiple traffic laws?? Why would you not turn it on asap?
I was assuming that clip was edited But again the second we start to see it the bike is going so fast he nearly crossed the center line into a truck. It is kind of crazy to me to assume the persuit started right then as the lights and siren were already on and the chase was clearly already in progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events