Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 01:59 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times

Advertisements

Just to be contrarian…

I suppose one could argue that after stopping the officer and receiving an apology to boot that should have been enough. Putting the video online served only to embarrass a young officer who has already acted contritely for his acts. The union official feeling that the officer was unduly shamed in public decided to give this woman a taste of her own medicine.

Personally I can understand that rationale (well of course since I made it all by myself) but it was unprofessional and does not serve the interest of his membership.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:00 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
I'd think twice about messing with that woman!

Old 02-06-2016, 02:34 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
she is out of line- let the cops handle their own problems- she going 80 mph trying to follow him- put people in danger- nut case

Old 02-06-2016, 03:31 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Just to be contrarian…

I suppose one could argue that after stopping the officer and receiving an apology to boot that should have been enough. Putting the video online served only to embarrass a young officer who has already acted contritely for his acts. The union official feeling that the officer was unduly shamed in public decided to give this woman a taste of her own medicine.

Personally I can understand that rationale (well of course since I made it all by myself) but it was unprofessional and does not serve the interest of his membership.
Excellent post, rep for you.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
She should not be playing Barney Fife.
Young cop was polite, but may have known, or suspected, he was being filmed. He handled it well, regardless of the reason.
The head of the union is a piece of garbage for being punitive and retaliatory. He shouldn't be in his position.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:09 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times
This whole thing makes me cringe because she is lecturing a cop about speeding, even though she sped, and why didn't she get a ticket for speeding? As for the head of the union, this dude needs to shut up and act his age.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:34 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,266 times
Quote:
Just to be contrarian…
You have succeeded.

Quote:
I suppose one could argue that after stopping the officer and receiving an apology to boot that should have been enough.
No it should not. Cop broke the law. "Golly gee" ain't good enough. If it were, why won't that work for the rest of us?

Quote:
Putting the video online served only to embarrass a young officer who has already acted contritely for his acts.
You betcha ... and he should be embarrassed and fined ... kinda like the rest of us (hmmm ... didn't I say something like that already?).

Quote:
The union official feeling that the officer was unduly shamed in public decided to give this woman a taste of her own medicine.
Scum bag union pig upgraded himself to judge, jury, and executioner. Viva la pig. BTW ... didn't I read somewhere that the cop wasn't even in the union?

Quote:
Personally I can understand that rationale (well of course since I made it all by myself)
What rationale?

Quote:
but it was unprofessional and does not serve the interest of his membership.
Hmmm ... "Just to be contrarian…" I guess this just is more than my feeble brain can comprehend.

El Nox

Old 02-06-2016, 11:10 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Just to be contrarian…

So the public, for which the officers are sworn to protest, are paid for by taxes, are supposed to lead by example, are supposed to go by the same rules they are paid to enforce, shouldn't be called out if they break the rules and the citizens should be "shamed" for calling them out?

This is the hypothetical mentality that has unfortunately become the reality.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:21 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
So the public, for which the officers are sworn to protest, are paid for by taxes, are supposed to lead by example, are supposed to go by the same rules they are paid to enforce, shouldn't be called out if they break the rules and the citizens should be "shamed" for calling them out?

This is the hypothetical mentality that has unfortunately become the reality.

Not if you think it's your right to break the law to prove a point. How do we know it wasn't some hater nut case trying to get some attention? Did you see the speed limit on her car? Did you see her following the police officer recording her speed as she kept up with him? Maybe this was an out and out lie on her part because she's a whack job.

If this is the case then she should have her 15 minutes of shame. Just because someone says it's so doesn't make it so. People lie about cops all the time.

I can't fall in line with the sheeple on this video. It just doesn't show me enough, and until I see the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth then innocent until proven guilty.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:00 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
You have succeeded.

No it should not. Cop broke the law. "Golly gee" ain't good enough. If it were, why won't that work for the rest of us?

You betcha ... and he should be embarrassed and fined ... kinda like the rest of us (hmmm ... didn't I say something like that already?).

Scum bag union pig upgraded himself to judge, jury, and executioner. Viva la pig. BTW ... didn't I read somewhere that the cop wasn't even in the union?

What rationale?

Hmmm ... "Just to be contrarian…" I guess this just is more than my feeble brain can comprehend.

El Nox
I couldn't have said it better. Well done, Repped!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events