Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 04:09 PM

17,604 posts, read 17,635,928 times

Advertisements

When Muslim population in a country is low, they generally act peaceful and meek. As the percentage increases they become more and more assertive eventually becoming violent and expecting all Muslims and even non-Muslims to adhere to Islamic laws or suffer violent punishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 08:41 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,083 times
At least they used a good looking guy to depict the evil, dim witted white guy.

Why would anyone confront a Muslim woman with a head scarf? It would be a waste of time. More than likely she does not understand English well (the sign is in English), and if she is wearing a head scarf it is a given she is not interested in your Infidel opinion.

I think wearing a head scarf all the time when in public is a sign of disrespect toward the citizens of the western Country they live in. It shows an overt intent to not assimilate. I would never confront such a woman. I just do not talk to them and refuse to do business with any company that uses them in a customer service position.

eta: It is always amusing to see how bent Canadians get over US politics. At some level in their subconscious they recognize that they only continue to exist as a Country because they receive an implied protection from the US, militarily and economically.

Last edited by Robert5; 06-22-2016 at 09:02 PM..

Old 06-22-2016, 09:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
I know Muslim people who don't engage because people assume they are terrorists. I have a friend who has lived in the US for 30+ years (from toddler age) who is afraid to buy a home because she is worried she and her family will be deported or threatened.

I don't know why it is hard to just act normal when you meet someone different and treat them like everyone else. Muslim are just like e Europe else except they don't eat bacon. I find we can still be friends though. Just not on bbq day.

Who cares if someone wears a headscarf. What does that have to do with you?

Old 06-22-2016, 09:35 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
I'm in Europe now and the Muslims I've encountered have completely shut out any attempt to communicate with me. The little eye contact made was met by furrowed brows and a look of disdain.
I'd say they are the ones who are acting hateful and bigoted.
I feel for Europeans who had this group thrust into their society by progressive liberals, but like Americans, they will have to make hard choices to stop the ludicrous idealogical actions of officials like Barack Obama and Angela Merkel.
I know what you mean. The Muslims I've encountered here in Philadelphia (I actually like their food) have been unfriendly towards me and look at me with a sneer on their faces. This opinion isn't based on just one incident, either, it's been noticeable in all my encounters with them ... I no longer give them my business. Miserable, intolerant creeps.

Last edited by 2002 Subaru; 06-22-2016 at 09:43 PM..

Old 06-22-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I know Muslim people who don't engage because people assume they are terrorists. I have a friend who has lived in the US for 30+ years (from toddler age) who is afraid to buy a home because she is worried she and her family will be deported or threatened.

I don't know why it is hard to just act normal when you meet someone different and treat them like everyone else. Muslim are just like e Europe else except they don't eat bacon. I find we can still be friends though. Just not on bbq day.

Who cares if someone wears a headscarf. What does that have to do with you?
Oohh, they're different alright, especially the men ... and why would your friend be worried about being deported? Are they here illegally?

Old 06-22-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I had family visit Brussels recently and they cut their visit to Belgium short because they felt threatened and uncomfortable by the looks they were being given by Muslims. They even skipped going to the Holocaust Museum because there were many of them hanging around outside and they felt uncomfortable since it was already a target before. They left Belgium after 1 day and went to another country.
They're at war with the West, but our stupid, scared, naïve leaders haven't figured that out yet ... or they're just ignoring it as to not hurt feelings.
We invited the enemy in and now we're paying and are going to continue to pay. They will not stop in their quest to implement Sharia Law in our lands until they succeed or until we physically remove them and stop allowing them to enter.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:01 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Oohh, they're different alright, especially the men ... and why would your friend be worried about being deported? Are they here illegally?
No she has a green card. But the way things have been lately you never know. Her siblings wear head scarfs. She doesn't. She worries about them. They were all born here.

There are plenty of a-holes that spit on brown people,walking down the street. Happened to a friend of mine. And before you ask, his clothing of choice is jeans and polo shirts.

I just wish people had better stuff to do than worrying that ever Muslim is a terrorist. The vast majority are not, so why worry. And let's forget the fact the average joe can't tell all the sorts of people who have beards or headscarfs apart.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
No she has a green card. But the way things have been lately you never know. Her siblings wear head scarfs. She doesn't. She worries about them. They were all born here.

There are plenty of a-holes that spit on brown people,walking down the street. Happened to a friend of mine. And before you ask, his clothing of choice is jeans and polo shirts.

I just wish people had better stuff to do than worrying that ever Muslim is a terrorist. The vast majority are not, so why worry. And let's forget the fact the average joe can't tell all the sorts of people who have beards or headscarfs apart.
That's one incident ... At least he wasn't blown up or beheaded.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:34 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,711,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
At least they used a good looking guy to depict the evil, dim witted white guy.

Why would anyone confront a Muslim woman with a head scarf? It would be a waste of time. More than likely she does not understand English well (the sign is in English), and if she is wearing a head scarf it is a given she is not interested in your Infidel opinion.

I think wearing a head scarf all the time when in public is a sign of disrespect toward the citizens of the western Country they live in. It shows an overt intent to not assimilate. I would never confront such a woman. I just do not talk to them and refuse to do business with any company that uses them in a customer service position.

eta: It is always amusing to see how bent Canadians get over US politics. At some level in their subconscious they recognize that they only continue to exist as a Country because they receive an implied protection from the US, militarily and economically.
The ad is aimed directly at you, and it obviously failed in its intent.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:37 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,428,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
So, after naming three recent terrorist attacks in which radical Muslims slaughtered innocent people for no other reason than the fact that they (the victims) were not Muslims, somehow "Islamophobia" is a "serious concern"? I would say it's a very valid reaction.
My thoughts are the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events