Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 09:55 AM

1,663 posts, read 875,493 times

Advertisements

The fair looks pretty laid back compared to the IHOP in Memphis: https://youtu.be/ORCL6bDS71w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 09:57 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,099,640 times
Animals.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:08 AM

196 posts, read 388,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Usual suspects up to their usual crap. Different day same behavior over and over again. I just don't understand why its so difficult for black people to have a large gathering and simply have a good time without a fight or worse break out.

Up here in Toronto I was just at an event this weekend called Taste of Asia which is a mostly Chinese event but with other South Asians there as well. A big street festival with lots of food and entertainment and a TON of people there. The whole time that I was there, I'm not even sure I saw one police officer there to patrol the event and everyone was just having fun and enjoying the food etc. What a great event it was and despite the difficulty of walking through a huge crowd that in some places was shoulder to shoulder, there wasn't one problem AT ALL. Just everyone being polite, patient and respectful. This is how it always is at asian events like these and many non-asian events as well. People having a good time and not causing much trouble.

Contrast those events to Caribana which is a predominately black event here and HOLY CRAP the amount of police presence required to keep the crowds under control is MASSIVE. Like literally this event could not happen if there wasn't a high police presence as well as many private security personnel there to keep things under control. As I said I just don't get why blacks can't get together and have fun like everyone else does without so much supervision to prevent something bad from happening.
Did something bad happen? You didn't say one way or another.

Police presence doesn't mean something bad happens automatically. Police presence could be due to attitudes towards a certain race... like those violent Blacks as you describe.

Here in Georgia. in Atlanta Metro, we have a huge population of Caribbean folk too, who distinguish themselves from "African Americans", btw - but not hatefully, just cultural differences. They like jerk chicken, AA like country fried chicken. They like goat, AA like BBQ beef. Anysweat, we have a gigantic islander festival - or 8 - every summer. The police presence is just right. Not too heavy and not too light. They are a welcome help, not an abusive force that is just there because Black folks are gathering. The incident level? Well last year there was NONE. And lets not forget that often when we talk about incidents involving minorities, we are talking about minor crap blown out of proportion. Yes 20 police we involved - to beat the crap out of two guys in a fist-fight? We can't use incidents like that and call Black people or other minorities "violent". The police were WRONG and why are you using that to manipulate the truth? (Not you, this is a general statement).

If fistfights at events denotes a whole races violent tendency, what does that say about Whites at baseball games - who have time and time again killed or severely beat someone just because they support another team? How about soccer (futbol) riots that happen every year, injuring tens if not hundreds of people? How about drunken college riots that happen all the time? How about street rages after sports games, where white people routinely destroy millions in public and private property and indiscriminately attack anyone they please? Do we use those incidents and make a value judgement on a whole race? NO - and you should do it with other races either.

I find you whole post smacks of "model minority" race baiting anyway. I took the bait - on purpose. It interesting how whites keep this up - holding up Asians like a nerf bat, because they simply don't want Asians to combine with the rest of the ethnic races - against them. You give them preferential circumstances and treatment - and then as if its some big secret, try to use them as an example of "higher class". Well when other minorities get the same treatment throughout life that the Asians are getting, THEN we can talk. Until then that point is... pointless.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:11 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Wow, a fight at a fair, amazing!

Old 06-26-2016, 10:35 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Oh the irony ... look who's talking about race baiting.

El Nox
Yes, the guy that confronts race baiting propaganda posted anonymously online by closeted white nationalists..

Old 06-26-2016, 11:27 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,099,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magusat999 View Post

Here in Georgia. in Atlanta Metro, we have a huge population of Caribbean folk too, who distinguish themselves from "African Americans", btw - but not hatefully, just cultural differences..
In South Florida, you never call a black person an African American.

They identify with their cultural background whether it be Cuban, Latino, Jamaican, Haitian, Brazilian, etc.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:57 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There was a fist fight at the local gas station last night where I live. Should that be considered a current event?
Depends. Were the fighting idiots black or foregn-looking? If so, you should post, to get the Tump voters and race-baiters all worked up. If not, you can safely ignore.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:46 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,095,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
How the heck is a video race baiting? It happened last night and reported on statewide news networks.

Brawl breaks out at State Fair Meadowlands (VIDEO) | NJ.com
Its not race baiting. thats just what they say when videos and photos reveal what they really are...violent, angry, malevolent and mean.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:50 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,530,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There was a fist fight at the local gas station last night where I live. Should that be considered a current event?
Well did someone record it and post it on Facebook? Or did it make the front page of the local paper on a slow news day?

Last edited by Blue biker; 06-26-2016 at 05:59 PM..

Old 06-26-2016, 05:58 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,530,496 times
I personally think the woman laughing in the video is the worst part. It sounds to me like she is saying, "My son is hurt so bad.", yet she's laughing about it? Let alone laughing as some sort of brawl.

Of course if they were members of a motorcycle club the headlines would be about a "Biker Brawl", newspapers, (this video is from a NJ newspaper) have "headline editors" who I think get their training at the National Enquirer. This really doesn't look like much of a brawl, more of a little fight and it seems as soon as the State Police showed up everything was calm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events