Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 07:43 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
[insert indignant smiley here]. [/i]
You dismiss the idea that she was on break with that comment? Disingenuous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 07:53 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
She looks like a maid/housecleaner with that headscarf. Unprofessional is right. Should doo-rags be banned too? You bet.
That was a crappy thing to say on many levels. Women wear headscarves for many reasons. Sometimes, though not in this case, because they are undergoing chemo. Secondly, there isn't a darn thing wrong with earning an honest living as a house cleaner.

Your snobbery is showing.

That said, the person in the article is acting like an attention-seeking eight year old. After this stunt, if I was on the EEOC board, I'd toss her complaint in a heartbeat.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:55 AM

81 posts, read 106,357 times
Your boss says your dress is unprofessional. You come to work wearing a halloween costume to prove her wrong? Doesn't make sense to me.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:23 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL
She proved them right. She's unprofessional.
She definetly is!!!!!!!!! (They couldnt be more right)

Old 07-28-2016, 08:33 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Gutsy?

Someone should throw a net over this nut. Shouldn't be too hard to do while she's posing for selfies at work. Oh wait..How do you know she's not on her lunch hour? [insert indignant smiley here].

Yup. She's taking pics instead of working. Because it's clear that, to this employee, copping an attitude is "gettin' busy."
Give me a break. It takes a second to take a selfie. Nice fake outrage though.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:46 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,954,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irononehuh View Post
Your boss says your dress is unprofessional. You come to work wearing a halloween costume to prove her wrong? Doesn't make sense to me.
That doesn't make sense to me either, however, I think the boss was nitpicking with the headscarf thing. But it is the boss's right to tell the employee what she can and can't wear as long as she applies the same rules to all the other employees. Most businesses have dress codes.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:11 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
She proved them right. She's unprofessional.
And immature.

Does she give her job functions as much attention as she does her choice of attire?

Given her choice to use social media to demonstrate her immaturity, she will likely face future challenges in terms of promotions and/ or employment in general.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:14 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,614,649 times
She wouldn't be working for me dressing like that! She's also taking photos at work and posting to Facebook while on company time. She's just giving them so many reasons to fire her. She should quite pushing her luck.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:26 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
She wouldn't be working for me dressing like that! She's also taking photos at work and posting to Facebook while on company time. She's just giving them so many reasons to fire her. She should quite pushing her luck.

How do you know that she is posting on Facebook on company time. She might have taken the selfies on her own time and posted them at lunch or when she got home.

Also her claim was that the original outfit did not violate the company's existing dress code whereas the new outfits do not violate even the new company dress code. And dress codes can be wrong and even illegal depending on what they state in them.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:34 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,614,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
How do you know that she is posting on Facebook on company time. She might have taken the selfies on her own time and posted them at lunch or when she got home.

Also her claim was that the original outfit did not violate the company's existing dress code whereas the new outfits do not violate even the new company dress code. And dress codes can be wrong and even illegal depending on what they state in them.
She's taking the photos in her cube. She's in the building thus she's on company time.

And she did look unprofessional with the cloth wrapped around her head. Who's to say her new Halloween costumes don't violate policy? She's showing cleavage in 2 photos and that's against the policy.

She's one of the special snowflakes who has to run to social media and scream hey look at me! This has great potential to bite her in the butt. She may have a VERY hard time finding future employment now that there's articles about her. She could be seen as a difficult person to work with. Employers do a lot of social media checking nowadays. I sure wouldn't hire her. Wouldn't even give her my time for an interview. Nothing but trouble will come from hiring her. She's a spoiled child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events