Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 08:25 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
And guess what, many times the
dog-owners arrogantly blame me for their Dog coming after me
I don't believe you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 08:26 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,636 times
Quote:
As for the whiny and butthurt people who WAHWAH about my posts..........you don't value differing opinions and different styles of delivering those opinions???? Maybe Romperroom.c0m would be more relaxing for your utterly-whiny self!!!!!!
Oh wait, maybe those people have smart dogs?

Old 09-02-2016, 08:34 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the root of his hostility toward dogs was his fear of being attacked, at least that is the only logical reason that I can find. And as far as the last part of your sentence "but it is not to say he doesn't have legitimate complaints about irresponsible dog owners" is what I was getting at in my first post to you. Although I disagree with a lot of what he said, irresponsible dog owners make a bad name (and sometimes a bad time) for we who are responsible with our pets. It's a problem for all of us.
I dont see the fear by what and how he is writing. I see hostility. Very creative hostility, but hostility no less aimed at dogs as much as or more so than the owners.

I have never denied that irresponsible dog owners make a bad name for all of us, but the insults, name calling and rantings dont tend to support a persons credibility. All that aside, it is still true that dogs pick up on and react to human emotion as well as other chemical signals and I was merely pointing that out. It was not meant as blaming him for being the target of so much aggression. Just pointing out a fact. Of course the bottom line is dog owners have the responsibility to keep their dogs on leash in public places and insure they don't invade other people's space.

Often people visiting want to "go see" my horses. When they get in there with them the horse will react differently to different peoples individual mood and behavior (as will dogs). I can tell when the horses sense a persons fearfullness and point out to them why the horse is reacting the way it is. I realize its difficult to control nervousness, fear and even hostility but if one is aware of their emotions and the reaction it causes it is much easier to control that emotion at least to some extent. Certain individuals will feel it is not their responsibility but really it would behoove them to do so.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:27 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont see the fear by what and how he is writing. I see hostility. Very creative hostility, but hostility no less aimed at dogs as much as or more so than the owners.

I have never denied that irresponsible dog owners make a bad name for all of us, but the insults, name calling and rantings dont tend to support a persons credibility. All that aside, it is still true that dogs pick up on and react to human emotion as well as other chemical signals and I was merely pointing that out. It was not meant as blaming him for being the target of so much aggression. Just pointing out a fact. Of course the bottom line is dog owners have the responsibility to keep their dogs on leash in public places and insure they don't invade other people's space.

Often people visiting want to "go see" my horses. When they get in there with them the horse will react differently to different peoples individual mood and behavior (as will dogs). I can tell when the horses sense a persons fearfullness and point out to them why the horse is reacting the way it is. I realize its difficult to control nervousness, fear and even hostility but if one is aware of their emotions and the reaction it causes it is much easier to control that emotion at least to some extent. Certain individuals will feel it is not their responsibility but really it would behoove them to do so.

You're basically continuing on with the same meme............well, it is KINDA his fault that off-leash and out of control dogs come after him. You say it in a roundabout way, but it is still there.

Guess what, dogs react differently to different people. If more dog-owners had a little courtesy, decency and common-sense when it came to their mushminded-charges.....they would realize that people do not want to be approached by strange dogs, for whatever reason................SELFISH, SELFISH, SELFISH!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2016, 05:20 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Let me say this! I walk in parks, that have leash-laws......and have had an unleashed-dog come very-aggressively at me, from the other side of the park. And guess what, many times the
dog-owners arrogantly blame me for their Dog coming after me........yes, that happens and I have read other people saying the exact same thing when menaced/attacked by a dog. This is not just a one-off experience, similar has happened on numerous occasional. I know for a fact that this happens to others, it is not a rare occurrence....you can read daily about innocent people getting attacked by Man's-best-friend.

I do not hate dogs. The biggest problem I have with dogs, is actually most dog-owners, who, when it comes to their dogs, are some of the most selfish, prickish, entitled, arrogant, idiotic ***holes I have ever come across. The place I live at now has a lot of dogs.......and in the 5 years I have lived here I have NEVER seen a dog-owner pick-up their dog's poop........so there is dogpoop everywhere.........how irresponsible, typical of most dog-owners.

Do people really think dogs are reading these posts???? I mean, when I use a pejorative like "Fecalivore".....do you think it hurts the feeling of the dogs reading these thread??? LOL, obviously not!!! I do it to try and make dog-owners realize how dumb they are when they anthropomorphize their dumb, needy, unsanitary, unpredictable, smelly animal. See, if these pathetic dog-owners would both realize what a dog truly is, and at the same time consider their fellow humans, they would turn into good DumDumanimal-owners.

As for the whiny and butthurt people who WAHWAH about my posts..........you don't value differing opinions and different styles of delivering those opinions???? Maybe Romperroom.c0m would be more relaxing for your utterly-whiny self!!!!!!

The term is coprophagia.

Someone's writing style and choice of words says a lot about them. I am not surprised you have difficult encounters with dogs and people.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:35 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
What the hell difference does it make how I'm acting?
That's no excuse for not having control over your dog (esp leash).

I have dogs and have had dogs all my life and I would never say anything so asinine as "They did that bc of the way you're acting." That's completely stupid.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:37 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I thought the article implied that the dogs saw his body on the other side of the fence and then went to go get him to eat.

What a bizarre and uninformative article.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:00 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The term is coprophagia.

Someone's writing style and choice of words says a lot about them. I am not surprised you have difficult encounters with dogs and people.

YES, I predict yet another DumDumivore-owner chiming in.......blaming me for minding my own business in a
public-park and getting harassed by off-leash Poopeaterivores and their utterly-selfish and
utterly-irresponsible "owners"!!!!!!!!!

The encounters I have had with irresponsible Poopeaterivore-owners, has been after their off-leash
DumDumivore has charged at me, in a very aggressive manner, while I am minding my own fricken business. These encounters, in a public-park with leash-laws, are in the eyes of most Poopeaterivore-owners, my fault.

I keep saying that most Poopeaterivore-owners are utterly-selfish and put their DumDumivores over Humans...........you be the judge!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2016, 03:08 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Anyone who chooses to live at the intersection of trailertrashadelphia and w1gger way is bound to run into problems. Perhaps a change of venue will help ease the hostility?

Old 09-06-2016, 07:47 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What the hell difference does it make how I'm acting?
That's no excuse for not having control over your dog (esp leash).

I have dogs and have had dogs all my life and I would never say anything so asinine as "They did that bc of the way you're acting." That's completely stupid.
I agree there is no excuse for not having control over your dog and have said so.

I stated a simple fact, dogs pick up on human emotion and may react to it. You may think it is stupid but there have been studies showing the canine brain functions like the human brain in voice and facial recognition as well they can detect chemical changes. Sorry if some people are offended by that.

I never suggested that would make anyone at fault for being the object of dog aggression or any particular behavior but maybe the reason dogs would react a particular way towards a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events