Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 08:21 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
If you find these foods attractive, you probably already have a cardiologist, or you soon will have one.
I doubt it. The type of people who would eat this regularly, will just one day end up in an ambulance hoping that their Obamacare will cover this all the while trying to blame Michele Obama for ruining their kids' diet in school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 08:29 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
This popped up as an active thread and when I saw it, it reminded me of a local place that did (or tried to do) the same thing. It didn't take them long to go belly up, no pun intended Can't even imagine Walmart would try such a thing.

Everyday is like* 'Carnival Food' at new Greer restaurant | GreerToday.com

The foods are distinguished in categories such as Sweet Fried “Swing Around” Treats (funnel cake, Oreos, cheesecake, cookie dough nuggets); Fan “Ferris Wheel” Favorites (cotton candy, candy apples, confetti corn, shaved ice); Rocking “Roller Coaster” (sausage dogs, giant grilled hotdogs, doughnut burger, charbroil burger); Dynamic “Drop Tower” (chicken fingers, carnival corn brat, giant smoked turkey leg, chicken on a stick); and Fun Side “Slides” (ribbon fries, Bloomin’ onion, onion rings, cole slaw).

Old 09-16-2016, 08:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
How absurd to claim "this isn't the food you should eat at walmart".

It is a great idea and beats the hell out of the standard McD or Subway in most walmarts.

It is to be eaten WHENEVER and WHEREVER you feel like eating it.

I bet it does well.
I agree.
It is a great idea and it will doubtless bring people in that otherwise wouldn't have shopped in that Walmart.

I expect we'll see it featured on one of those "road trip" shows on the Food or Travel Network too.

Very smart move on the owner's part.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:43 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,020,489 times
Giant smoked turkey leg actually sounds as if it might be good.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:11 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,621,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
Giant smoked turkey leg actually sounds as if it might be good.
They sell these at my local amusement park (Cedar Point, in beautiful lakefront Sandusky, Ohio) and they are truly both giant and delicious!

Old 09-16-2016, 02:10 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Considering that most (all?) of this food is deep fried, is it really a good idea to have people walking around the store with greasy fingers? I'm imagining all the grease stains on the clothes, toys, bedding, etc... Yeah, I know a lot of Walmarts have McDonalds, which has fried food, but fair food always seems to be soaked in grease. Its messy, not something that would be good to walk around with in a store.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:38 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Considering that most (all?) of this food is deep fried, is it really a good idea to have people walking around the store with greasy fingers? I'm imagining all the grease stains on the clothes, toys, bedding, etc... Yeah, I know a lot of Walmarts have McDonalds, which has fried food, but fair food always seems to be soaked in grease. Its messy, not something that would be good to walk around with in a store.
I've actually seen this with McDonalds food. Nothing like seeing a woman with a large fries, eat a fry, lick the salt off her fingers, pick up a can of soup, look at the soup, and then put it back.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:43 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I agree.
It is a great idea and it will doubtless bring people in that otherwise wouldn't have shopped in that Walmart.

I expect we'll see it featured on one of those "road trip" shows on the Food or Travel Network too.

Very smart move on the owner's part.
I'm sure the regular Walmart crowd will pack the place, this is generally how the Walmart demographic eats anyway. I don't see civilians with better choices in food flocking to Squalmart to eat carnival food.

And I doubt anything inside of a WM is likely to attract the Travel Channel. They tend to focus on local businesses, not chains, and definitely NOT Squalmart lol

Old 09-16-2016, 03:20 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Theres a series on called Carnival Eats which is an expose on Carnival food,
while some of it looks quite good its not something you would want to eat more than once a year due to health reasons, I think Walmart is doing a disservice to the public by offering this stuff on a daily basis.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...full+episodes+

Old 09-16-2016, 05:28 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,366,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
How absurd to claim "this isn't the food you should eat at walmart".

It is a great idea and beats the hell out of the standard McD or Subway in most walmarts.

It is to be eaten WHENEVER and WHEREVER you feel like eating it.

I bet it does well.
Ugh, I sadly too often have had bad experiences with things like Pizza Huts inside Target or those typical Target cafes at unrenovated stores(Starbucks excluded, those have been fine), and also McDonald's or Subway inside Walmart. At least it's something different than typical fast food for a change, and might have a few interesting tasty things on their menu. Not everyday, but on an infrequent basis I don't mind fried food like how I imagine this new restaurant inside a Walmart will do. And with the demographic of Walmart's customers, surprised this didn't occur sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events