Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2017, 11:35 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,442,762 times

Advertisements

No sympathy for anyone with a motorcycle. Mostly dbags.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:17 PM

359 posts, read 320,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Really?
Really!

Quote:
Have you driven in FL or the Northeast?
Yep.

Quote:
Maybe you go to Iowa or Nebraska for you comparison.
Actually no. However I *prefer* driving in the South and the Midwest.

PS: I've driven a motorcycle in Rome, and I still prefer THAT to SoCal..

Old 06-26-2017, 02:40 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
To me, it looked like the guy in the car was retaliating back against the motorcyclist by trying to bump him with his car, then he lost control. Looks like some road rage on BOTH parts. Maybe not, but that's what it looks like to me.
I agree.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:27 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
At this point, the police say they have interviewed the car driver and have not yet cited him. They want to talk to the motorcyclist first.

The motorcyclist has not yet come forward.

It looks like everyone might just get away with the bad things they did.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:48 PM

417 posts, read 345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
No sympathy for anyone with a motorcycle. Mostly dbags.
So motorcyclist's deserve to get run over by car? No sympathies for motorcyclists who get hit by people driving drunk, texting and driving, or being generally inattentive? They deserve to never see their families again because in your words they are dbags?

Old 06-26-2017, 06:05 PM

21,863 posts, read 25,121,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The motorcyclist was absolutely crazy and an idiot for picking a fight against the car in the first place. I think if he is caught, he should get a more severe punishment than the car driver. The driver of the car can always claim that he was startled by the sound of the kick. Looking straight ahead and driving you dont know if that thump is a blowout of the biker had a gun. But the car driver is also an idiot for putting himself in a position where he could easily be seen as the agressor.

The only person in this who deserves any sympathy is the dude in the truck, whose only crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Glad he is okay.
Completely disagree.

Consequence needs to be taken into consideration. The motorcyclists absolutely should be charged with hit and run. He can raise whatever defense to that he wants. I'm not buying it. Pretty obvious it was a hit and run. The argument really comes in whether his kicking the car was the proximate cause of the ensuing chaos. I would say no. There's no way a reasonable person would think kicking a car in anger would then cause the driver to try and commit vehicular manslaughter (or alternatively swerve out of control into a concrete barrier). I mean, that's the argument, right. My opinion is it's not the proximate cause. It's so out there it's not even worth bringing those charges but that's ultimate a discretion call.

Likewise for the car driver. He should be charged with attempted vehicular manslaughter. He's free to raise the defense that he was just startled and in confusion decided to swerve into a concrete barrier. That's ultimate up to a jury to decide in our legal system -- if it proceeds that far.

Now reality is you can't possibly take everything to trail. This is the type of the case that unfortunately never gets resolved so you have these idiots think their behavior is completely acceptable as no one ever gets punished for it. They don't even do generous plea deals on this type of stuff. Honestly, they should. Idiots like this on the road are a bigger hazard to public safety than petty shoplifting. Charge the biker with 1-3 years for hit and run and the driver with 5-15 for attempted vehicular manslaughter and then take the plea deal for community service and time served be the resolution. Eventually the notion that you can't just go road rage with impunity will sink in to the public similar to how it is with drunk driving. Of course you'll still have idiots, you always will, but DUI isn't the total joke it was 20 years ago.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:19 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,859,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Some states have what's called a "last clear chance" rule. IOW, although one driver might have committed an earlier fault, if it can be determined that the other driver had a "last clear chance" to avoid the accident, he will be considered the one at fault for the accident.

So despite what had happened earlier, the motorcycle driver clearly had a chance to simply stay behind the jerk driver (something I've done many times) and not continue the fight.
Sure, but by the same token, didn't the car driver have a last clear chance after that not to swerve to the left like a psycho?

Old 06-26-2017, 06:26 PM

4,855 posts, read 2,669,970 times
in my dream, I'd be on the bike and after the cager (the car driver) tried to kill me I'd have called in a hellfire missile strike from a drone and rode off into the sunset..

Old 06-26-2017, 06:47 PM

28,665 posts, read 18,775,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Sure, but by the same token, didn't the car driver have a last clear chance after that not to swerve to the left like a psycho?
He can argue that when the car got kicked by the motorcyclist that he was startled, though he might have hit something (or even the motorcyclist) and reacted too radically.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:58 PM

50 posts, read 314,601 times
Have to admit the dude on the cycle knew how to ride...don't know how he kept his seat and avoided the barrier and the pieces of car right in his path at high speed.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events