Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 06:49 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
No she shouldn't be assaulted but I'm pretty sure she thought she was just gonna milk the old dude out of $400 of sexy stuff. She could of simply given the stuff he bought back.
I'm also pretty sure he thought by buying her the sexy stuff he was gonna get a piece. When she didn't he wanted his stuff back.
So the article should really say old man attempts to strangle a con woman
But is it a con?
A young woman out with an old man. Old man willingly buys her stuff. Its pretty obvious the only reason she is out with him is for free stuff he willing and most likely offered to buy her. Unless there was an agreement for trade and she broke the agreement I dont see how this would qualify for a con.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 07:05 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Felony strangling"? How about attempted murder?
I wonder of there's 'misdemeanor strangling'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
So is $400 the price at which assault is permissible?

Just checking for a friend.
Yes, you'd think people would be more outraged at violent assault than at a woman who won't put out despite receiving gifts. In fact, decent people do.

And the ones peddling the false equivalency? In so doing they reveal a lot about themselves.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:24 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
I wonder of there's 'misdemeanor strangling'...

Or "involuntary strangling" for those whose kinky sexcapades get a little out of hand.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:34 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Maybe someone who just wants to be friends should not be accepting $400 worth of goodies from Victoria's Secret. Girl needs to learn the difference between friend and sugar daddy.
This sugar daddy crap is so funny. If I'm going to spend $400 on some youngster it'll be my daughter's on their birthdays. Or the gf. Some people are just creepy.

If this girl thought there was anything normal about this she's an idiot. Ladies, you don't do anything like this if your smart. Creepy creepy creepy.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:15 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Stupidity on both sides.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:17 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
She told him upfront (allegedly) that she has no interest in being with him as more than friends. He spent all this money probably thinking, "well, maybe if I buy her stuff she will feel bad and I will get some.." and it didn't work. He should have cut his losses and let it go. She didn't owe him anything, they were gifts he bought willingly.

I agree that she put herself in a crappy situation that could have 100% been avoided. And she should have just given it all back when things escalated to keep herself safe. But in the end she didn't deserve to be assaulted, that's on him.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:26 AM

384 posts, read 376,552 times
LOL, they both got what's coming , good for them.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
She told him upfront (allegedly) that she has no interest in being with him as more than friends. He spent all this money probably thinking, "well, maybe if I buy her stuff she will feel bad and I will get some.." and it didn't work. He should have cut his losses and let it go. She didn't owe him anything, they were gifts he bought willingly.

I agree that she put herself in a crappy situation that could have 100% been avoided. And she should have just given it all back when things escalated to keep herself safe. But in the end she didn't deserve to be assaulted, that's on him.
So a 23 yr old female wants to 'just be friends' with a 77 yr old male...OK. LOL

I have a feeling if he had bought her $400 worth of something other than Victorias secret products, he would have gotten what he wanted in the end.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:33 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Reminds me of "rape" case a long time ago. The prosecuting attorney is questioning the pretty, young victim. "And when did you realize you had been raped?"
Her answer "When the check bounced".

Old 10-31-2017, 08:38 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Well....if she'd had a lot of drinks, perhaps he looked younger than he was? Alcohol can do that.
Q: How do you turn a dog into a fox?
A: A six-pack.
Bummer, $400 at Victoria Secret Pink and he doesn't even get to take any of it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events