Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 12:40 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,404,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
But I've seen no evidence thus far to suggest that race had anything to do with it. (Calling the victim "Jamaican Barbie" does not automatically prove racism in my book)

Of course, I wasn't there, so maybe the criminal is a racist, in addition to being a nasty piece of garbage.
Calling her Jamaican Barbie absolutely IS racially-motivated. Do not make excuses for this white trash POS. That kind of BS is why many blacks hate us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 12:42 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,641,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Wow. What a garbage person. I mean that is absolutely the behavior of utter trash.

Prosecute her to the full extent of the law. One could argue that intentionally putting fecal matter on a toothbrush is poisoning with the possibility of causing a fatal e coli infection. This, in itself, could warrant some sort of serious prison time.

As an aside, the article mentions that this is being considered a hate crime. Is there any evidence for that apart from the fact that the perpetrator is white and the victim is black? I mean, considering how vile the crime is, it wouldn't surprise me that there was some irrational hate going on here, but what is the evidence?
Maybe the "Jamaican Barbie" reference?

Quote:
"Finally did it yo girl got rid of her roommate!! After 1 ½ month of spitting in her coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotions... putting her toothbrush places where the sun doesn't shine, and so much more I can finally say goodbye Jamaican Barbie."

Old 11-02-2017, 12:45 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Unfortunately for me, I broke my own rule about not
opening "mystery threads."

Thanks a pantload, OP.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:47 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,657,827 times
Mom and Dad must be so proud.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:49 PM

27,151 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
For clarification, her "bodily fluids" were apparently her period blood as per an article I read.

Truly repulsive. What's bad is that the roommate wasn't even aware of how this roommate felt so only found out after the fact due to someone pointing out to her this ladies' social media rant.

Student faces criminal charges after 'rubbing used tampons on black roommate's bag' | The Independent

White freshman is arrested after she bragged she rubbed used tampons on her black roommate’s bag and put her toothbrush 'where the sun doesn't shine' to get rid of 'Jamaican Barbie' - Daily Mail

Old 11-02-2017, 12:50 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Calling her Jamaican Barbie absolutely IS racially-motivated. Do not make excuses for this white trash POS. That kind of BS is why many blacks hate us.
Exactly.

Jamaican Barbie is hardly any innocuous term.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:56 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,637,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
What she did was disgusting. And she had the nerve and stupidity to brag about it on social media! What an idiot. But, I would like to know what was going on beforehand between them. Brochu had requested a room switch because of trouble between her and the roommate a few weeks beforehand. I doubt that the roommate had been all sweetness and light. In fact, if she had indeed been posting to social media videos of Brochu asleep and snoring, to ridicule her, as Brochu claimed, that on its own would have been a violation of Brochu's privacy, which should have warranted the roommate's being expelled from the dormitory!

No! There is absolutely no justification or excuse for this type of vile behavior. Plenty of college students had/have roommates that they didn't get along with and eventually changed rooms, without resorting to disgusting behavior that caused the roommate to become physically sick. And it could have turned out much worse. I doubt you would be so sanguine about this situation if you had been in the roommate's shoes.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:59 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,099,640 times
Quote:
Wow. What a garbage person. I mean that is absolutely the behavior of utter trash.

Prosecute her to the full extent of the law. One could argue that intentionally putting fecal matter on a toothbrush is poisoning with the possibility of causing a fatal e coli infection. This, in itself, could warrant some sort of serious prison time.

As an aside, the article mentions that this is being considered a hate crime. Is there any evidence for that apart from the fact that the perpetrator is white and the victim is black? I mean, considering how vile the crime is, it wouldn't surprise me that there was some irrational hate going on here, but what is the evidence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yep, Jamaican Barbie.

This incident will haunt this dumba$$ the rest of her life.

So gross.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:19 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:

from the link...

In one post, published by local media and described by Ms Rowe in a Facebook video, she reportedly wrote: "Finally did it yo girl got rid of her roommate!! After 1 ½ month of spitting in her coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotions... putting her toothbrush places where the sun doesn't shine, and so much more I can finally say goodbye Jamaican Barbie."

Old 11-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,609 posts, read 17,940,183 times
There was an urban legend from the 1980's where a couple was vacationing in Mexico and returned to the US. When they developed their roll of film, there was a photo taken on the camera by a housekeeper (I guess the camera was left in the room) of one of the toothbrush handles sticking out of the housekeeper's butt.

Who even thinks like that? Don't know if it's true, but it's basically the same story as this one, and makes you wonder what kind of brain does that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events