Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 11:07 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,977,625 times

Advertisements

JetBlue passenger bit by dog at Orlando airport says airline isn't helping identify the owner | Fox News

Brittany Langlois told Fox 25 Boston that she was bit by a fellow passenger’s dog while waiting to check in for her flight. However, she says she’s having no luck tracking down the animal’s owner after JetBlue employees scuttled the other passenger from the line — leaving Langlois uncertain of whether or not to seek treatment for rabies.

IMO, this is a bad strategy if she is seriously concerned about a rabies infection.

Langlois claims the rabies shots are "very painful" -- they're not. I've had them. The whole treatment is expensive, though, if you don't have medical insurance to cover it. I think mine came in at just over $2,200.

Secondly, her time to get them -- if it's contingent on the dog testing positive for rabies -- has already run out, since standard procedure is to isolate the animal for 10 days to monitor it for signs of disease.

And is Jet Blue really liable for what some passenger's animal did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 11:11 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,893,771 times
If the dog was cleared to fly, it had all its shots and was cleared by a vet. She just wants to sue the owner.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:19 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,893,771 times
Ouch. The photos didn't load for me at first...that looks very painful....I might want to sue too. Well I don't sue anyone, but that looks very painful. But the rabies shots are not "super painful" and I would imagine insurance would pay for them in this situation.

I don't think the airline is at fault for the bite. It is somewhat surprising that they wouldn't give the passenger info though, because the person bit has a right to litigate this.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:27 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times
She needs to report this to the Orlando police department (who probably aren't going to be super aggressive about pursuing this, since it's very likely that the owner doesn't reside in FL). Then she's gonna need to get a lawyer, who would have to subpoena the airline to get the name of any passenger who had a dog flying with them on that flight. And they might fight giving that info, citing passenger's right to privacy. What a mess! She should have screamed for airport security right then and there to come and detain the dog and its owner.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:47 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,525,969 times
The airline currently has no obligation to get involved in this fight, and they're smart to choose to stay out of it.

She always has the option of filing for a court order to obtain the information. The airline would probably prefer that, in the interest of protecting themselves.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:59 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,999,315 times
It didn't happen on a Jet Blue flight, it happened in the airport. Why does she think that JetBlue is responsible and not the airport? JetBlue has zero control of what goes on while in line and airport police should have been contacted on this. Having said that, that bite looks nasty!

Old 11-13-2017, 01:01 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,977,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
It didn't happen on a Jet Blue flight, it happened in the airport. Why does she think that JetBlue is responsible and not the airport? JetBlue has zero control of what goes on while in line and airport police should have been contacted on this. Having said that, that bite looks nasty!
It does look bad and I sympathize.

I agree with the person who said she probably wants to sue the owner, who should pay the costs of her medical treatment. I don't know how even if her wits were about her, she could force the passenger to divulge his information. By the time the airport police arrived he would have been long gone.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:04 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,999,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
It does look bad and I sympathize.

I agree with the person who said she probably wants to sue the owner, who should pay the costs of her medical treatment. I don't know how even if her wits were about her, she could force the passenger to divulge his information. By the time the airport police arrived he would have been long gone.
No he wouldn't have been. He was there to catch a flight and it sounds like he was in the ticketing line so he had not gone through security yet. Also, airport police are easily accessible.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:11 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,525,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
No he wouldn't have been. He was there to catch a flight and it sounds like he was in the ticketing line so he had not gone through security yet. Also, airport police are easily accessible.
That assumes that he was a passenger. He could have been dropping someone off. I've seen people bring their dogs to the airport to pick up passengers, so I guess it's possible that someone would bring their dog along to drop off.

(Side note, I saw a woman a few weeks ago at arrivals at RDU ... she had a dog on a leash, and it was clear by the signs and ballons in her group she was picking up a military significant other. When he came down the escalator, the dog went CRAZY with excitement. Jumping up on him, barking and even kind of "crying." It was really a sweet moment (I admit, I got choked up), but I couldn't help but wonder why that couldn't have happened at home.)

Old 11-13-2017, 01:15 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,682,349 times
Looks like someone wants easy money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events