Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 12:47 PM

6,454 posts, read 9,816,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
I'm not making this personal about anyone in particular. Do you see anyone's name mentioned here? I was commenting on ClaraC's post about what she is proposing. Mostly, I was thinking about the general state of the Yahoo comments section.

This has a lot to do with human psychology and sociology.
Oh lets no pretend here. lol

You are making it personal, if not me then the other people in the thread. you aren't commenting on the comments, you are makin assumptions about people on the board.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:51 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,476,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I think many people cheer it. call it what you want. I'm not veiling anything. I am GLAD a guy in prison killed that guy. Doesn't mean I am going to go out and hurt anyone or be glad if you get hurt.

2 guys in prison already convicted, yeah go for it. That is positive in my opinion when a person kills his own 2 day old baby in the manner he did, is murdered.
Great! You also have to be willing to accept that some people don't agree that it's alright.

When you get defensive about it, it makes it seem like you're trying to justify bad thoughts. If you truly feel that how you feel is wholesome, just, and moral, then let it be. You don't need to prove anything to us, right?

Old 11-16-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Oh lets no pretend here. lol

You are making it personal, if not me then the other people in the thread. you aren't commenting on the comments, you are makin assumptions about people on the board.
In the psychological context of this situation, that's generally how a hypothesis in science begins, yes. You make an educated guess about the condition or outcome of something.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Great! You also have to be willing to accept that some people don't agree that it's alright.

When you get defensive about it, it makes it seem like you're trying to justify bad thoughts. If you truly feel that how you feel is wholesome, just, and moral, then let it be. You don't need to prove anything to us, right?
Nope, I'm just having fun here lol

Old 11-16-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
In the psychological context of this situation, that's generally how a hypothesis in science begins, yes. You make an educated guess about the condition or outcome of something.
Except this is just current events not the Psychology forum.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:56 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Can someone tell me why killing a baby is worse then killing an older kid? Or a elderly person? Or plotting and killing your husband for life insurance? I actually don't get this.

I have no sympathy for the man who killed his child, but he did so under duress and without plotting. He deserved life in jail. But he didn't plot and then calmly kill the kid. Or watch the baby waste away. He lost his head (in a BIG way) and attacked a baby. Its horrific. But I fail to see how its worse then someone plotting and carrying out a murder...or have lots of time to save someone and refuse to. And I don't see how an infants life is more important or that the loss is greater then an adult or teen or elder.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Can someone tell me why killing a baby is worse then killing an older kid? Or a elderly person? Or plotting and killing your husband for life insurance? I actually don't get this.

I have no sympathy for the man who killed his child, but he did so under duress and without plotting. He deserved life in jail. But he didn't plot and then calmly kill the kid. Or watch the baby waste away. He lost his head (in a BIG way) and attacked a baby. Its horrific. But I fail to see how its worse then someone plotting and carrying out a murder...or have lots of time to save someone and refuse to. And I don't see how an infants life is more important or that the loss is greater then an adult or teen or elder.
Is there anyone more innocent in life than a newborn baby?

Old 11-16-2017, 01:05 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post

Because the victim was a completely helpless infant, and that goes against every instinct we have as a species. Of course it's an abhorrent crime regardless of the victim's age, but being an infant makes it a crime that is so repugnant that no amount of 'extenuating circumstances' would raise it to the level of murdering an adult. At least with most people, including me.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Is there anyone more innocent in life than a newborn baby?
guess that depends on your religious beliefs

Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Except this is just current events not the Psychology forum.
Do you think that psychology doesn't enter into the equation of how people react to current events? Hmmm...

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to debate this with you. We're not even on the same level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events