Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 10:33 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,831,429 times

Advertisements

I figured the tattoo trend would keep getting more extreme until things like this would start happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 12:44 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,887,409 times
She's a model? What kind of "model" is this? A tattoo magazine?

Old 12-05-2017, 12:50 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,928,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
A lot of models have many tattoos. Corset models do, for instance. As for the idea that she will lose her eyesight, that's highly unlikely, even if the story is real. I've worked for ophthalmology practices since 1997, and the eye is more resilient than people think. You would be astonished at the terrible injuries people can suffer in their eye(s) and still retain their vision. As long as the retina is not affected and any infection can be resolved, she should be OK, and hopefully, wiser (maybe even sans boyfriend).
I'd imagine there are a few people posting here who are disappointed by this.
[Trump impression]Sad[/Trump impression]

Old 12-06-2017, 06:00 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,646,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I figured the tattoo trend would keep getting more extreme until things like this would start happening.
Thats bound to happen, tattoos are not really shocking or taboo anymore, body piercing has pretty much become just another normal thing, certain people always wanting to push the limits with this kind of thing, they were implanting stuff under their skin for awhile, like spikes, horns, etc, but it never really took off with alot of people.

I cannot imagine what they will be doing in the future, Ive heard a few people say they think gene modification is the next big thing, people getting animal features, like tails, fur, fangs, etc. Not sure we are there yet to be able to do this, but I guess if someone had the cash and desire to get it done, anything is possible.

Old 12-06-2017, 03:03 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,700,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats bound to happen, tattoos are not really shocking or taboo anymore, body piercing has pretty much become just another normal thing, certain people always wanting to push the limits with this kind of thing, they were implanting stuff under their skin for awhile, like spikes, horns, etc, but it never really took off with alot of people.

I cannot imagine what they will be doing in the future, Ive heard a few people say they think gene modification is the next big thing, people getting animal features, like tails, fur, fangs, etc. Not sure we are there yet to be able to do this, but I guess if someone had the cash and desire to get it done, anything is possible.
An Eye in the back of the head?

Old 12-06-2017, 04:03 PM

6,463 posts, read 9,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
An Eye in the back of the head?
Moms have had those for years lol

Old 12-06-2017, 04:21 PM

37,165 posts, read 41,364,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
A lot of models have many tattoos. Corset models do, for instance. As for the idea that she will lose her eyesight, that's highly unlikely, even if the story is real. I've worked for ophthalmology practices since 1997, and the eye is more resilient than people think. You would be astonished at the terrible injuries people can suffer in their eye(s) and still retain their vision. As long as the retina is not affected and any infection can be resolved, she should be OK, and hopefully, wiser (maybe even sans boyfriend).
I get the impression that the dye was injected into the vitreous and created a persistent leak.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:42 PM

2,081 posts, read 1,076,209 times
I forsee an eye patch in her future. Next Halloween she can always dress up as Elle Driver from Kill Bill Part 2.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:34 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,753,206 times
Lost Eye

Old 12-10-2017, 04:41 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,600,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Even when I was young and totally brainless, not on my worst day would I even consider getting my EYEBALL tattooed.

I was young once too, but never totally brainless.
I did some far out things, like once, in San Pedro de Alcantara, Spain, getting smashed out of my skull on tequila, giving my friends my wallet and watch, and wading out into the Mediterranean Sea as far as I could go, fully clothed, before swimming back and crashing out on a sun lounger.
Fortunately one of the girls in the gang covered me with beach towels, so that I didn’t get burned, but in all my nutty moments on this Earth, I’ve never EVER, considered getting a tattoo on any part of me, let alone my eyeball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events