Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 01:00 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,996,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
P.S. Since "really rich" is a subjective term, I'll just restate it to wonder if the poster started calling the lawyer a degenerate drug user (with no proof whatsoever) because he had a level of wealth that angered him.
I don't like to speak for others, but I guess I'm speaking for others. If you follow Genghis' posts, he's very tongue in cheek & makes light of situations. Maybe his humor didn't grab you in that post, but most might.

If you told a story about tripping over a soda bottle & tumbling down a hill & landing in a lake, he'd ask which kind of soda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 01:17 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,914,548 times
This almost happened to me! I parked my rented generic car at the Montage in Beverly Hills and when I asked for it, a Bentley came out. I (jokingly) said thanks and walked toward the car. They gave me the keys and said something like have a nice drive. Of course I did not take the car, but I could have.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:40 PM

17,548 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Hotel valet accidentally gives $300,000 Ferrari to wrong man

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. —
The owner of a $300,000 Ferrari is suing Marriott International, saying a hotel valet gave his keys to a young man who was trying to impress a woman he just met.

Me, me, me me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2018, 02:41 PM

17,147 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
The 458 is a great but fragile car. Wouldn't be surprised if all the maintenance / damage issues (including the electrical issues with the tail lights unless he was driving on the DRLs) existed before the kid ever got in the car. Kid is still an idiot though. As is the lawyer for keeping coke in the car. Lots of stupid to go around.
This. Generally, a 4-year old Ferrari is going to have loads of issues, unless it is parked 320 days/year and driven very sporadically on the few days it's out.

Here we have 3 stupid people: The lawyer, the valet attendant, and the thief.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:25 PM

78,346 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
This. Generally, a 4-year old Ferrari is going to have loads of issues, unless it is parked 320 days/year and driven very sporadically on the few days it's out.

Here we have 3 stupid people: The lawyer, the valet attendant, and the thief.
How specifically was the lawyer stupid?

Old 01-25-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
I don't like to speak for others, but I guess I'm speaking for others. If you follow Genghis' posts, he's very tongue in cheek & makes light of situations. Maybe his humor didn't grab you in that post, but most might.

If you told a story about tripping over a soda bottle & tumbling down a hill & landing in a lake, he'd ask which kind of soda.
I think he misread the news article about cocaine being found ON the center console.

Combine that with the fact that they sat in the car for a long time before leaving, plus the other drugs found, plus the general behavior of a guy that absolutely set out to pick up a hoochie and knowingly take a car not his....um....wouldn't a reasonable assumption be that the coke belonged to one of the 2 other than the lawyer?

I'm beginning to strongly suspect that people are not reading the original article carefully and relying on someone else reading it incorrectly and making comments.

???

Old 01-25-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont think this is on the level of car theft, it looks like he was just joyriding, but when its a Ferrari, well thats going to be treated different than if it was a Chevy or a Toyota!

Im surprised he didnt wreck it, cars like this are not that easy to drive, they are insanely powerful and the shifting is not the same as in lower priced cars, even the cop realized he was having trouble handling it.
I also want to know how you would define "joy riding" because the perp was STILL DRIVING the car when caught.

I'm waiting, this ought to be fabulous lol.

Because it's NOT theft when you are caught, if you say you were going to return it. ROFLMAO

Old 01-25-2018, 08:36 PM

7,077 posts, read 8,936,385 times
I never valet my car, it’s not an automatic and I am not trusting the ability of the kids stick shift skills.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:21 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,735,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
This almost happened to me! I parked my rented generic car at the Montage in Beverly Hills and when I asked for it, a Bentley came out. I (jokingly) said thanks and walked toward the car. They gave me the keys and said something like have a nice drive. Of course I did not take the car, but I could have.
I never valet park either of my Bentleys or my Ferraris. They do, however, let me (self) park in the front row. I keep my keys, get a good spot, and the kid gets a big tip to watch the car. Work well all around.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:22 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,996,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think he misread the news article about cocaine being found ON the center console.

Combine that with the fact that they sat in the car for a long time before leaving, plus the other drugs found, plus the general behavior of a guy that absolutely set out to pick up a hoochie and knowingly take a car not his....um....wouldn't a reasonable assumption be that the coke belonged to one of the 2 other than the lawyer?

I'm beginning to strongly suspect that people are not reading the original article carefully and relying on someone else reading it incorrectly and making comments.

???
Perhaps, but given your own words about assumptions, why infer the young woman was a hoochie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events