Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:07 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,664,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
To be clear...I don't have a clue what the place we live is because I can poke holes in all the theories and have no way to find out on my own...and the more I look into it the more questions I have and the more I find out that we've been lied to and taught incorrect "facts" all our lives.

Gravity is an unproven theory...it has not ever been proven by scientific method.

The same gravity that hold entire oceans to it's surface allows things to float and fly. That gravity also holds the moon in orbit yet even though it's powerful enough for the sun's gravity to hold humongous planets billions of miles away in it's orbit it doesn't steal our moon or suck the smaller, closer planets into it? Gravity sure is selective! Perhaps intelligent?

If the Earth is spherical, do pilots constantly have to correct downward so they don't fly out into space?
If the Earth is flat and configured like the UN logo do pilots have to constantly correct for North so as not to go South when going in a straight line?

Why are the oceans and large water masses perfectly level across the surface instead of curved?
You're asking the right questions, now you just need to put that inquisitiveness in to finding the answers - start with gaining a good understanding of the conventional theories, and then seek to disbunk them.

If you just sit around waiting for someone to supply you with answers, your understanding will be a long time coming.

Last edited by Joe90; 01-30-2018 at 09:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 09:42 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,049 times
How is it that the sun is millions of miles away yet bakes the equator and yet only a few thousand miles North or South the temeratures drop significantly?

Why are the sun's rays coming though the clouds at steep angles? The only way to duplicate that effect is to place the light source close to the mask (clouds)...is the sun actually much closer and therefore much smaller that we're told?

Why is it in NASA photos from the moon, the Earth looks about the same size from the moon as the moon does from Earth, when the Earth is supposed to be like four times larger?

Why is it every time NASA comes out with another photo of planet Earth from space the size of the continents change drastically?

Why is it that they now claim the Earth is actually pear shaped but all the NASA photos show a perfectly round sphere?

Why is it we never see contrail/chemtrails, satellites, etc when viewing footage from the space station? There are supposed to be many thousands of satellites in orbit around the Earth.

Why are our satellites and space station not regularly taken out by space rocks/debri that is travelling thousands of miles per hour?

Why spend trillions of dollars exploring space when we haven't even explored a fraction of our own Earth and oceans?

Why is it NASA videos are now saying that the new breed of craft is being developed to withstand the extremes of passing through the Van Allen belts to explore places beyond low Earth orbit? Didn't they already have all that technology when they went to the moon?

Why/how did NASA lose tens of thousands of telemetry data and specs/bllueprints from the Applo missions....those are national treasures, who was responsible for this loss?

If the exosphere and thermosphere reach reach temperatures of over 3,600 degrees Farhenheight how did a primarily aluminum spacecraft not melt when passing through?

If the Earth is flat, where does it end? Does it end? Have we reached the end? How far have we gone?

If the Earth is flat with a dome above, what are meteors?

If the globe Earth is tilted on it's axis and in orbit around the Sun, why is the North star always centered on our axis even though the axis is constantly moving around the sun? Does the North star and therefore all stars move in the same path so as to be aligned with our axis on our constant journey?

Why is it that no matter your elevation, the horizon is always at eye level?...if the Earth were a ball the horizon would start to drop below.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:32 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
If the Earth is flat with a dome above, what are meteors?
They are gods tears over this post.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:34 AM

587 posts, read 225,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984
To be clear...I don't have a clue what the place we live is because I can poke holes in all the theories and have no way to find out on my own...and the more I look into it the more questions I have and the more I find out that we've been lied to and taught incorrect "facts" all our lives.

Gravity is an unproven theory...it has not ever been proven by scientific method.
Exactly......... We cant explain anything about the universe buddy!!!! (Including our own planet)

For anyone to say they know something 100% concrete means they can explain things...... WHICH THEY CANT!!

Old 01-31-2018, 07:11 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,970 times
And to think these people are allowed to vote.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:12 AM

17,150 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
How is it that the sun is millions of miles away yet bakes the equator and yet only a few thousand miles North or South the temeratures drop significantly?

Why is it in NASA photos from the moon, the Earth looks about the same size from the moon as the moon does from Earth, when the Earth is supposed to be like four times larger?
You pose some good questions. However, the two above can be answered fairly easily, and can be replicated by doing some fairly simple physics experiments.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:18 AM

625 posts, read 952,302 times
I can't believe that there are people who believe that the Earth is flat. This is not even worth my time.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:16 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times
where does the white go when the snow melts?

Old 01-31-2018, 01:33 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:

Gravity is not an unproven theory. First of all, in science a theory is not an unproven conjecture (that would be a hypothesis) but is an explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is based on observations which have been verified repeatedly through experimentation.

That gravity is a real phenomenon is indisputable. What is at question is exactly how gravity works. Is it a force carried by a so far hypothetical elementary particle called a gravition, or is it the curvature of space as Einstein said? But that there is a thing which we call gravity is confirmed by the fact that everything falls down, not up.

Quote:
The same gravity that hold entire oceans to it's surface allows things to float and fly.
Things that float do so because they are lighter than air. The helium in a balloon is lighter than the general gaseous makeup of our atmosphere. Planes fly because the shape of the wing as it flies though the air causes there to be less pressure above the wing than below it.

Quote:
That gravity also holds the moon in orbit yet even though it's powerful enough for the sun's gravity to hold humongous planets billions of miles away in it's orbit it doesn't steal our moon or suck the smaller, closer planets into it? Gravity sure is selective! Perhaps intelligent?
The Sun exerts gravity. But so does the Earth. There is a balance point between the two. The Earth's gravity is sufficient to keep the moon in orbit around it.

Quote:
If the Earth is spherical, do pilots constantly have to correct downward so they don't fly out into space?
If the Earth is flat and configured like the UN logo do pilots have to constantly correct for North so as not to go South when going in a straight line?
No, and no. Gravity prevents a plane from flying out into space. In order to escape the gravitational pull of the earth escape velocity has to be reached. The escape velocity from the ground is roughly 25,000 miles per hour.

Quote:
Why are the oceans and large water masses perfectly level across the surface instead of curved?
They aren't perfectly level. Not even close. Because of differences in the Earth's mass, the pull of gravity varies to some extent and this causes differences in the ocean levels. I'm not referring to low and high tides, but to the fact that there are bulges and dips in the oceans. The surface of the ocean is not flat. Also, changes in air pressure as air moves from high to low pressure areas has an effect on ocean surface levels.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:27 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,049 times
^^^^ You DO realize that no one has ever been able to duplicate the whole gravity thing holding something in it's orbit? Also, every example you think you explained is severely flawed because gravity would have to be extremely selective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events