Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 08:38 AM

838 posts, read 555,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Totally unprofessional and nauseating to boot...I'm horrified.
What I find horrifying is the fact that she is a licensed Dermatologist but is performing surgeries. And not in a hospital but rather in an outfitted room in her clinic. Apparently there are no medical regulations either that prohibit her from performing plastic surgery like liposuction and butt lifts. I think I heard that one of her patients had a stroke (?) on her table. Whatever it was, she now has permanent brain damage. Yes, I know this can happen to the best of doctors but would this patient have had better medical attention at a fully staffed and functional hospital rather than some strip mall clinic?

I wouldn't even trust this woman with a zit.

The only thing I find remotely humorous with this story is her last name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 08:46 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
There was a nurse a while back, fired and lost her license, because she was taking photos of male patient's privates when they were unconscious and texting the photos to her friends. It is disgusting how some people in the medical profession think of their patients, with no regard for their dignity or privacy.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:01 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Anybody been following the case of Dr. Boutte?

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a bad thing for doctors to make music videos during surgery but it seems like it might prolong the operation and distract them from their main mission.

Some patients claim they have suffered serious injuries, but maybe folks are making a big deal out of nothing.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/2-investi...uits/751266828

(You have to scroll to the end of the story to see the actual music videos)
According to your linked article, the doctor was not board-certified for either plastic surgery or even general surgery, although apparently her website claims she is. The article also states her surgery center is neither licensed or certified by the state or any accrediting agencies, and that should raise a giant flag to people considering plastic surgery by this woman. It's easy enough to check with state licensing agencies' websites for the status of a healthcare facility, and the license status, Board certification, even whether or not there are sanctions or actions taken against a health care provider, before one signs on that dotted line agreeing to surgery.

Of course making music videos during surgical procedures is inappropriate, in that it distracts the surgeon from focussing on taking care of the patient, but IMO, the questionable qualifications of both this doc and the surgical center are the real travesty.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:07 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Dr friend of mine said that most doctors play music/etc during operations but they don't video record it and have evidence of it. He said they generally listen to jazz, country music or rap music during operations. Just depend on the preference of the people in the operating room

but regardless if you are going to act silly DONT RECORD IT
I think its terrible to play low-class noise like rap during a surgery. Classical music is the only kind I would want playing. You have to wonder what kind of stress hearing rap crap would place patients under.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:24 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
There was a nurse a while back, fired and lost her license, because she was taking photos of male patient's privates when they were unconscious and texting the photos to her friends. It is disgusting how some people in the medical profession think of their patients, with no regard for their dignity or privacy.
You have to remember they are still human at the end of the day and humans can stoop to very low levels.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:20 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I think its terrible to play low-class noise like rap during a surgery. Classical music is the only kind I would want playing. You have to wonder what kind of stress hearing rap crap would place patients under.
The played classical during my angioplasty. I was awake. Rap would have made me more anxious.

The classical was no problem.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:30 AM

17,171 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Not all rap is "low-class noise."

Not to mention, that song isn't even "rap" at all LOL. It's a stupid dance song called "Booty," by Jennifer Lopez... who... in case you didn't know... Doesn't rap.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:46 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I don't care if you do the entire routine to Chicago while operating on me if you're the best and results are good...but if you have malpractice suits against you, probably best to buckle down and be professional.

Propofol is a fine anesthetic for many small procedures, but nobody should be under for 8 hours. Even open heart surgery doesn't take that long, what the hell kind of lipo was she doing?

Also, and this might actually help somebody someday....if you ever want cosmetic surgery of any kind, always make SURE the person is BOARD CERTIFIED IN PLASTIC SURGERY. Absolutely NEVER EVER let a dermatologist or any other physician who is not a board certified PLASTIC SURGEON perform these types of procedures on you.
"Nobody should be under for 8 hours." Really? I was under for 8 hours during a very precise brain surgery. Ironically, due to the manner in which the brain tumor had to be accessed (by almost splitting the face in half and going through the sphenoidal sinuses), I joked with the nurses afterwards that I hoped they hadn't videoed the operation. Since it was a teaching hospital, there was probably a crowd watching anyway.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:05 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
"Nobody should be under for 8 hours." Really? I was under for 8 hours during a very precise brain surgery. Ironically, due to the manner in which the brain tumor had to be accessed (by almost splitting the face in half and going through the sphenoidal sinuses), I joked with the nurses afterwards that I hoped they hadn't videoed the operation. Since it was a teaching hospital, there was probably a crowd watching anyway.
No one should be under this type of medicine without a full operating room and proper medical care for 8 hours. I think that is what they meant. People have very long surgeries...but short office procedures with out general anesthetic shouldn't take 8 hours. That is what nearly killed the woman in the piece.

I am not sure how many people watched the story. Most of the suits aren't about the music videos...they are only part of a couple suits. The problem is her being a con...which she is. And she is hurting people badly in the process.

There is a lot of cross over in dermatology and plastics...ENT and plastics too. Although in this case, it doesn't sound like she has the proper training for the procedures she is doing. I feel terrible for the people she has hurt

Old 05-24-2018, 12:09 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
However, a dermatologist should not be doing any procedures that would take eight hours. If she wanted to do plastic surgery she should have done a plastic surgery residency.

She has had enough bad outcomes to show she does not know what she is doing, and the music videos just might show that her cavalier attitude toward her patients is one of the reasons for the bad outcomes.

I am glad that your own surgery apparently went well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events