Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 09:02 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times

Advertisements

Some hybrid love going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 09:08 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,995,345 times
It looks exactly like a German Shepherd cross to me, with a very bad overbite. The lower jaw is almost deformed, perhaps an injury to the growth plates as a puppy.

Dog creatures walking on their back legs? My 100% purebred registered dog, all 80 pounds of her, will get up and walk on her back legs when she is trying to see something high up. Every night, after my dinner, she walks backwards up on her hind legs all the way from the dining room to the dishwasher because she gets the plate scrapings and she is trying to see what might be left on my plate for her.

All of my tiny dogs have gotten up on their back legs and walked, again, trying to see higher.

There is no reason to think that wild canids can't walk on their back legs.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It looks exactly like a German Shepherd cross to me, with a very bad overbite. The lower jaw is almost deformed, perhaps an injury to the growth plates as a puppy.

Dog creatures walking on their back legs? My 100% purebred registered dog, all 80 pounds of her, will get up and walk on her back legs when she is trying to see something high up. Every night, after my dinner, she walks backwards up on her hind legs all the way from the dining room to the dishwasher because she gets the plate scrapings and she is trying to see what might be left on my plate for her.

All of my tiny dogs have gotten up on their back legs and walked, again, trying to see higher.

There is no reason to think that wild canids can't walk on their back legs.
Google Linda Godfrey and read some of the encounters she has written about, and you will see how these are much different than dogs occasionally standing on their hind legs for a short time.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:34 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,424,224 times
It's ridiculous that people are allowed to shoot animals for being "near" their livestock. How sad.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:14 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,096,551 times
Between the dainty paws (per article), those ears & that tail ... there is something very “Foxy” about it.

I agree with the poster who commented on the lower body. It seems familiar but I can’t put my finger on it.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:24 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,096,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
It's ridiculous that people are allowed to shoot animals for being "near" their livestock. How sad.
I thought it was sad too, although I can understand where the rancher was coming from. Livestock is big money.

It would be ironic though, if they discover that it’s some long-thought-to-be-extinct species & she was the last surviving female.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:08 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Looks like bigfoot to me. LMFAO.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:28 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,970,381 times
Lol Why is this even a story? We mixed a bull dog with a ****zhou once we called it a bull ****.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:27 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,706,529 times
Quote:
When their possible prey is worth $2000+ it doesn't really make sense to give predators free access. Would it be better to wait until they've selected from the menu and taken their first bite?

Most working ranches are hundreds or thousands of acres. A rancher may not be back in the same area for several days, especially in rugged country. Protecting the herd sometimes means making a decision to preemptively eliminate a threat rather than coming back next week to find dead cattle. A lot of urbanites don't understand the pragmatism that is required to live in rural areas, much less to make your living from the land.

It would be great if predators never attacked livestock and ranchers never had to shoot predators, but that isn't the reality of rancher's life.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:46 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,482,740 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
When their possible prey is worth $2000+ it doesn't really make sense to give predators free access. Would it be better to wait until they've selected from the menu and taken their first bite?

Most working ranches are hundreds or thousands of acres. A rancher may not be back in the same area for several days, especially in rugged country. Protecting the herd sometimes means making a decision to preemptively eliminate a threat rather than coming back next week to find dead cattle. A lot of urbanites don't understand the pragmatism that is required to live in rural areas, much less to make your living from the land.

It would be great if predators never attacked livestock and ranchers never had to shoot predators, but that isn't the reality of rancher's life.
Here's some reality:

Annually, deer-vehicles collisions cost more than $1,000,000,000 in total vehicle damages. Tens of thousands of people are injured. Over 100 people die. Every. Single. Year. Do wolves and coyotes each a billion $ worth of cattle? A: No. Do they injure tens of thousands? A: No. Do they kill 100+? A: No.

Yet the rancher can just claim "It was giving my steer the evil eye, so I killed it!" and he gets a pat on the back and an "Atta boy!". But were I to cite the far, far greater risk of a deer on my property, and then kill it? Or, as you say, 'preemptively eliminate a threat', I'd be paying one stiff fine.

And why?

Because the same group that screams that wolves are a threat and that they should be able to kill them at will also is the same group that loves to hunt deer in the fall, and they make damn sure that no one is allowed to reduce the bounty of their sport, even if that person has a lot greater cause than they do when they kill a wolf.

PS - Not that I'm actually saying that I want to kill every deer I see. I don't subscribe to the 'Hey, that might cause problems someday so we better kill it just in case!' ethos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events