Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 08:56 AM

12,388 posts, read 8,155,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
BS lawsuit

How do people even bring themselves to do this?
The lure of easy money. And the only risk is being taken by a bunch of lawyers who will take a settlement rather than risk total defeat in the end
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 09:32 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Sometimes I think there should be jail time for lawyers who take cases like that. The lawyer doesn't expect to go to court. He expects McDonald's to settle out of court to make it go away. Basically, it is extortion.

I like this complaint in the article:

Quote:
As a result, the suit claims, "customers have been forced, and continue to be overcharged for these products, by being forced to pay for two slices of cheese, which they do not want, order, or receive, to be able to purchase their desired product."
Yep. McDonalds has armed guards who draw their firearms, pointing the weapons at the customer's heads, saying "we force you to purchase this product."

Jail time for these lawyers is insufficient. They should be executed.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:42 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
The real problem is you shouldn't have to order them "without" anything. Just causes confusion.
This reminds me of an old joke.

A man walks into a coffee shop. The salesgirl asks him: "What would you like?"
"I'd like a coffee, with sugar, no cream."
"Coming right up. We're actually out of cream anyway."
"In that case, I'll have a coffee, with sugar, no milk."

Old 05-30-2018, 10:06 AM

3,135 posts, read 2,259,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector1489 View Post
We should get what we pay for, so I won't call this a frivolous lawsuit. However, it seems rediculous that our courts have to deal with these issues.

Yay or nay?

Florida lawsuit alleges McDonald's forces customers to pay for cheese | Miami Herald
Sorry but this is frivolous. Don’t want cheese with that? Go to Wendy’s or Culver’s where ordering without cheese is not a problem. Besides, staying away from the food at McDonald’s is better for you.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:00 AM

17,210 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Sorry but this is frivolous. Don’t want cheese with that? Go to Wendy’s or Culver’s where ordering without cheese is not a problem. Besides, staying away from the food at McDonald’s is better for you.
But going to Wendy's or Culver's is better?

Old 05-30-2018, 12:31 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
haha.. That's like saying, "don't eat that tub of lard, here it this tub of mayonnaise instead."

Old 05-30-2018, 12:56 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector1489 View Post
Similar story...guy orders a double cheeseburger - plain. Wants nothing on it but the cheese. Opens it up, just two patties and the roll. Goes back in and is told "well, you said you wanted it plain".
He said "If I wanted a double hamburger, wouldn't I have ordered that instead?".
$15 per hour...yeah right.
ROFLMAO! This exact thing happened at the MickeyD's I worked for down at the Bourne Bridge in Mass.! Duh! I took the order and it clearly said doublecheese no pickles, no onions, no mustard, no ketchup. Poor guy still ended up with a plain doubleburger. Grill people weren't all there IMO. Of course we were not high paid employees back then either.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:53 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Per the article...."It comes down to this: On the menu, a hamburger at Micky D's is cheaper than a cheeseburger".

There used to be a separate Quarter Pounder and Quarter Pounder with cheese, but that hasn't been the case for several years. You can have them serve it without the cheese, but no, I don't think you should get a discount for doing so. And $5 Million in damages? They must have ordered an awful lot of sandwiches to need to recoup that extra $.20-$.30 they paid each time for their unwanted cheese.

But according to the article, if you have the McDonald's App, you can indeed, order a Quarter Pounder without cheese, and it's somewhat cheaper.

Their issue is, if they actually go IN the restaurant to order, the restaurant doesn't have that option, so they're paying the same price of a Quarter Pounder with cheese, even though the cheese isn't included.

Now...I'm not familiar with using store apps, restaurant apps, etc. But, isn't it customary to get some kind of preferential treatment, if you have the app? Like a discount or some such? Seems like, to me, it comes down to "use the app or shut up."

Old 05-30-2018, 03:58 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,187 times
people get mad about this kind of stuff all the time. Really lol. I work at McDonalds. People get mad if we forget to leave off pickles on their burger. Or if their fries or cold. Or if we didn't give them any extra sauce. They yell and say they are going to call corporate. i have been cussed out and have had people try to jump over the counter to get after me lol. so yeah someone suing doesnt surprise me. you'd be amazed with how many people always say they are gonna call corporate. People have held up the line in drive thru just to let you see that they are calling the CEO to tell them how crappy our service is lol. Its crazy. You wouldn't believe.

So yes I believe this story but if you are getting that mad over a burger then you don't have enough serious problems in your life, thats for sure.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:02 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,187 times
ok the thing about the app is that it doesnt always work or have all the options to make it custom or whatever. Normally it does and should but i hear that it depends. Customers complain about it, I know that. you pay, your order comes up and it is made (i don't make the orders, I just do drive thru or ring it up). If someone just tells us what they want (no cheese) we should be able to do it.

now if the person is new they may not know how to ring it up on register. sometimes that happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events