Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 07:13 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLoveOnly View Post
Shopping at Walmart and bringing my suitcase with $170,000 cash? What was she thinking?

https://kdminer.com/news/2018/jun/07...ehind-walmart/

Apparently she had just sold her house for cash.
The first place I'd go to if I had $170,000 cash would be the bank, something's fishy here, I have never even heard of someone paying $170,000 cash for a home. I'm sure the feds would love to know where they got that much cash from. I guess it happens but that's got to be extremely rare, and then to be that careless with the money? Jeez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 08:54 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystal1080 View Post
I wasnt even there that day. It's really sad and it really sucks that they can just post my picture all over Facebook and the newspaper, having millions of people saying horrible things about me when I wasnt even there. The looks I get from people around town, the judgment I see when on people's faces. My life is ruined. Not to mention my boyfriend is facing 12 and a half years in prison, 1 well maybe 2 peoples mistakes have just turned so many peoples lifes upside down in the matter of minutes.
I'm sorry, that sounds awful.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
I wasnt even there that day. It's really sad and it really sucks that they can just post my picture all over Facebook and the newspaper, having millions of people saying horrible things about me when I wasnt even there. The looks I get from people around town, the judgment I see when on people's faces. My life is ruined. Not to mention my boyfriend is facing 12 and a half years in prison, 1 well maybe 2 peoples mistakes have just turned so many peoples lifes upside down in the matter of minutes.
Chrystal, welcome to the forum. I think you can blame your boyfriend, though, for this - he's the one who stole the money?

I'm sorry you were dragged into all this if you truly were innocent and didn't realize he had just stolen a woman's entire life savings.

Since you have the inside scoop, was the woman able to get almost all of her money back?

Last edited by ClaraC; 09-24-2018 at 09:51 AM..

Old 09-24-2018, 09:59 AM

17,161 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
The first place I'd go to if I had $170,000 cash would be the bank, something's fishy here, I have never even heard of someone paying $170,000 cash for a home. I'm sure the feds would love to know where they got that much cash from. I guess it happens but that's got to be extremely rare, and then to be that careless with the money? Jeez.
I don't even think it's possible.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
It is...

Old 09-24-2018, 10:32 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Lots of people pay cash for their home.

From 2013, but;

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...-cash/2764651/

Old 09-25-2018, 08:16 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Google news has updates

New 'persons of interest' photos released in missing Walmart suitcase with $170,000

Quote:
The female and male subjects who are persons of interest regarding a missing suitcase containing $170,000 that was taken from a Kingman Walmart store on Tuesday, June 5, 2018.

Kingman Police Department says it has determined a male subject wearing a blue colored T-shirt took the case, placed it into a red 4-door sedan, and then drove way.

KPD believes a woman with tattoos was with the male.

Both the man and woman are considered person of interest.
Man arrested for allegedly taking suitcase with $170K at Walmart

Quote:
Kingman Police Department arrested Jeremiah G. Peacey, 39 of Kingman, in connection to an ongoing investigation of a large amount of cash that was reported stolen June 5 from underneath a shopping cart at Walmart.

Investigators identified Peacey as the male subject seen in surveillance photos from Walmart, and his girlfriend, a 40-year-old Kingman woman.
Quote:
Seems like they have proof it was your Bf that took the money.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:40 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Lots of people pay cash for their home.

From 2013, but;

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...-cash/2764651/

I think that article is saying they pay in full up front, not that they show up with a suitcase of hundreds handcuffed to their wrist.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:52 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
I don't think anyone is saying her home was sold for green cash bills.

The money she has came from the sale of the house; when she moved, she cashed out her accounts.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:56 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:

I'm sorry Chrystal, the loss of your privacy must feel really bad. I know I'd be upset. Sometimes social media sucks. Correction: Usually social media sucks.

You can get past this. I wish you well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events