Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 02:08 PM

30,371 posts, read 51,981,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattaty25 View Post
Interesting....mom maybe hired someone...its always for money...
For what money, though? As others have pointed out, California divorces are easy and (unless there's a pre-nup) always 50/50 in dividing assets - and she's a DOCTOR, so I'm sure her financial future is pretty secure. Life insurance was also mentioned, but how much could that really have been? Enough for a woman like this to kill her husband, leave her children without a father, and risk going to jail? Doesn't seem likely to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 02:23 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,607,390 times
Very tragic and sad for the family.

Rest in peace.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:25 PM

15,427 posts, read 9,107,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
He was a scientist at a major pharmaceutical company.

Wife is a doctor.

Why is there a GoFundMe page? I know this is a tragic and bizarre story, but still....
Because two kids are going to be growing up without a father maybe? Because the family just took a 60%+ income drop?

Old 06-26-2018, 04:15 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,481,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
How strange that other family members were in a tent nearby. There was never any mention of that in previous articles. I had wondered how authorities were alerted at 4:30 am since only his very young children were with him.

Nothing strange about that at all. Family members often go camping together, and not in the same tent.

Old 06-26-2018, 04:36 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,122,990 times
Something stinks with this.

How random would a stray bullet have to be to hit the dad and not the kids?

I think it is either the wife or something like a gang initiation.

Too weird.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,652 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Police are pleading with the public for help solving this.

At this point, I think they need to be more clear on some details so the public knows what to report.

For example, if the bullet was shot through the tent from possibly some real distance away, the public should be informed the direction the bullet came from, the range of how far it could have been, what kind of gun was used, and to think of someone who might have been out poaching at that time.

If the shot was done inside the tent with him as a possible intended target, the public should be asked to think of people who might have a grudge against him and were they gone that night.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/us/fa...ark/index.html

Old 06-26-2018, 05:15 PM

295 posts, read 354,744 times
So he was shot around 4:44am. Early but not exactly in the dead of the night. I get up for work at that time and there's enough light outside to see clearly already here in SoCal. So I doubt it's some kind of gang initiation as he/she would be seen and heard making their getaway. Same with a planned hit that close. A long shot would be possible but would require the guy to be exiting the tent and standing fairly straight up to get hit in the chest.

I think it was blind shot into the tent. Ballistics should be able to give us a better picture once it's completed.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:42 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,868,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Yup!

There is a significant population of these deranged homeless in that area.
Near Malibu creek park? This is not the same thing as malibu the city. Never ever seen anyone like that around there.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:46 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,405,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I don't doubt the police will be looking for surveillance cam video to see if "Mom" left the house before the shooting. It's all a little too neat and very specific.
Why not investigate the dad's (now-ex) mother-in-law, provided she is still alive?

Old 06-26-2018, 05:49 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,023,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Something stinks with this.

How random would a stray bullet have to be to hit the dad and not the kids?

I think it is either the wife or something like a gang initiation.

Too weird.

Stray bullets ARE random by definition... I'm sure if it was a "hit", the cops will likely find it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events