Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2018, 06:32 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Now posters are speculating that the wife had a boyfriend who could have done this? Dear Lord.
Of course they are. People will post anything no matter that there's no evidence of it just to make the story juicier regardless of anything else. I suppose in their minds having a young father shot and killed in front of his 2 and 4 year olds isn't quite bad enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 07:02 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNot4Me View Post
I would be looking for the wife's boyfriend, or perhaps someone who was infatuated with her at work/school.
Have you read anything here? SMH

Old 06-27-2018, 07:08 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
has anyone thought that maybe a few people are out there illegally hunting in that area and maybe stray bullets have hit people ? I mean it is a possibility or some sicko is out there taking pop shots at people like those dc snipers did . But im sure we will might know eventually what happened .

Old 06-27-2018, 08:11 AM

295 posts, read 353,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Sunrise was 5:44 AM. So that was one hour before sunrise. That would be pretty much in the dead of night. Not a great time for viewing stars, but otherwise it would have been dark.

Sunrise and sunset times in Calabasas

You do know that there's already plenty of light outside before sunrise and still plenty left after sunset right? I leave the house at 5:20 everyday and during this time of the year here I don't even need my headlights on any more.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:41 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvaj125 View Post
You do know that there's already plenty of light outside before sunrise and still plenty left after sunset right? I leave the house at 5:20 everyday and during this time of the year here I don't even need my headlights on any more.
"Civil twilight", when there is enough light for the horizon to be seen and objects to be distinguished, is usually around half an hour before sunrise. It isn't pitch dark out and then POOF, it's light when the sun appears on the horizon.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:53 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
campground has been closed and authorities have disclosed a number of other shootings at the park, one just a few days before this shooting.

like many others have speculated, we should focus on some kind of love triangle as the lover may have been shooting other people at this park over the past year or so knowing they would suspect some random maniac and not dig into the tryst angle. when they carried out the finale of their evil plot.

oh, almost forgot to mention the "mixed up in the drug trade angle"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/malibu-...ved-shootings/

Old 06-27-2018, 09:06 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Probably drugs or gang related. It's always something. Things like this are rarely random. Stay out of trouble and trouble won't follow you.
I heard last night that the guy was a very well respected scientist. The odds of him living a double life are probably less than the average Joe.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:18 AM

5 posts, read 3,028 times
This one screams of the WIFE being involved. It is unlikely that it was a coincidence that the night she was studying home alone, the husband was gunned down. They are ALWAYS home or in a different state, or attending some other function to provide the PERFECT ALIBI. The Husband more than likely had a hefty life insurance policy where Erica is the primary beneficiary. The second shooting days later could have been from the SAME hitman who went back to shoot at a car just to "throw off" police into thinking this is a series of "random" shootings in the area. They need to comb through the entire familys electronic trail and if needed branch outward.

Last edited by Yaruko; 06-27-2018 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: typo corrected

Old 06-27-2018, 09:20 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
This has been kind of twisty, with little real information being released.

It seems now that the person who did this may actually have no idea there's a man dead because of him. It seems somewhat likely this is someone who was poaching, or doing target practice some distance away.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:41 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This has been kind of twisty, with little real information being released.

It seems now that the person who did this may actually have no idea there's a man dead because of him. It seems somewhat likely this is someone who was poaching, or doing target practice some distance away.
Honestly that was the very first thing I thought of when I heard about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events