Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 01:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Exactly..
If she goes to prison, it won't be a Canadian one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 01:39 PM

723 posts, read 570,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gomar Holnyuk View Post
She went from birthing him, then 72 years later, to killing him.
Nice.
Retro-active abortion I guess.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out," says every mother to her kids at least once (usually in jest).

Old 07-05-2018, 01:54 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
I wonder if she will have to join one of those white supremacist gangs for protection? Get gang tattoos? Maybe she can rise through the ranks and become the Granny Shot Caller?

Old 07-05-2018, 02:01 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Delusions, suspicions and paranoia are common symptoms of dementia: https://www.unforgettable.org/blog/w...-and-paranoia/

I know from personal experience that appeals to logic and common sense don’t work.

However, as I stated earlier, it is not known whether dementia was a factor in this case.
She wasn’t being delusional or paranoid however. She thought she was being put in an assisted living facility because she was being put in assisted living facility.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:02 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
If given the choice between prison and a nursing home, I'd probably choose prison. Nursing homes are filled with the stench of poop from all the adult diapers and there are often puddles of urine in the hallways, and even in the dining room. There are germs everywhere and communicable diseases. At least in prison you wouldn't deal with these things quite that much.
This is not true at all. I worked in dozens of skilled nursing facilities I have never smelled poop except when someone is being changed in that moment, and I’ve never seen puddles of urine on the floor. Of course there are times when someone has an accident, but they clean it up right away. Of course there are some that are much worse than others and yes I have been in homes that smell. It’s hardly worth then prison however and I’m sure prisons do not smell good either. I’d much rather sleep in a hospital bed then a cot, nor would I want to use the toilet in an open space with no privacy.

In any case, I highly doubt she’s going to go to prison, she will probably go to a nursing home with a psych lockdown unit. She probably wouldn’t even be able to stand up for my low prison toilet on the floor. And yes, it probably will not be a pleasant place. Anyone who seen Orange is the New Black however knows that prison is much much worse.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:13 PM

764 posts, read 391,976 times
I think this woman had dementia which also can give you anger. Poor son.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:38 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
This didn't happen in Canada but here in Arizona. I can't imagine putting a 92 year old in prison, anywhere.
Looking at that face, I think she will do just fine in prison. I'm surprised she wasn't already there.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:47 PM

727 posts, read 151,850 times
Quote:
........... I can't imagine putting a 92 year old in prison, anywhere.
Well she commited murder....I think thats a good reason to lock her away! (Or @ least keep her under lock and key - She is not stable)

Old 07-05-2018, 08:50 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times
i don't have time read whole thread and comments.... I can see her reasoning in a way. Maybe its her fears about living in a facility. Still no reason to kill anyone. Most do adult care facilities treat their patients well. Then of course there's a few here and there that are no good. I do hear stories of once a loved once is placed in a facility, their loved ones rarely ever visits or communicates. That's incredibly sad also.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:37 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
I think it's not reasonable to assume she's not someone affected by dementia. What person in their right mind would shoot someone, and then just sit in a recliner until someone comes to arrest them, and then admit they killed that person - unless they wanted to be in prison.

So, if she didn't want to be in assisted living, and logically, prison, why would she put herself in that position, with no alibi whatsoever, and admit she did it?

That's not sane thinking or behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events