Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Well, it is an extremely despicable way to steal from someone. Ask for a dollar, and while most people would say "no get lost", the thief finds someone feeling generous who grabs his wallet to extract some money and the thief takes this opportunity to grab the wallet and run.
Absolutely.
Disgusting.
The more I think about this the less I want to see this guy do time, of course a lot would depend on prior violence or criminal record of Morris.
Just to be clear, the wallet was stolen out of the guy's pocket. He didn't pull it out to give the guy a dollar.

The deceased came up, asked for a dollar, and at that time took the wallet out of the assailant's pocket.

Honestly, it seems to me that if the assailant pulled his wallet out to give the deceased money, he would not be the kind of person who would beat someone to death for stealing it. The kind of person who empathizes with panhandlers aren't usually the ones to beat them to death.

Just an observation, not really fundamental to the discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 06:50 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,433,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The deceased came up, asked for a dollar, and at that time took the wallet out of the assailant's pocket.
Oh did he???

Old 08-13-2018, 07:08 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What are the odds that this guy will have quite a few supporters on this forum?

You know, some of the same people that crucified a college basketball coach for properly defending his vehicle and his life by punching a drunken thug once (that already punched an innocent bystander), by saying that the coach should have driven away and not escalated the situation?

Man kills man who stole his wallet, is now charged with manslaug - WSMV News 4
He wants your wallet. Kill him. Get your piece of leather full of pieces of paper and plastic and stuff it back in your pocket. That makes a great deal of nonsense. Too bad the theft victim didn't have an AR-15 he could have shot the thief up with a full magazine of bullets just for good measure.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:18 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
Don't steal people's wallets in the first place.........
Exactly.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:35 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,181 times
Quote:
Just to be clear, the wallet was stolen out of the guy's pocket. He didn't pull it out to give the guy a dollar.

Honestly, it seems to me that if the assailant pulled his wallet out to give the deceased money, he would not be the kind of person who would beat someone to death for stealing it. The kind of person who empathizes with panhandlers aren't usually the ones to beat them to death.

Just an observation, not really fundamental to the discussion.
I read the same article you did, and came up with a different conclusion. Just how does someone ask a 6'5" dude for a dollar and reach in his back pocket, steal his wallet and run off? I'm thinking this is bs, that it happened the way I said. You seem to think the reporter was there, he wasn't.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:38 PM

110 posts, read 67,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
There certainly are. Like going to jail for manslaughter when you beat someone to death with your bare hands. That takes time and intent. This guy is a menace to society. I'd worry WAY more about the murderer walking the streets than a guy who swipes a wallet.
Stop with the common sense will ya

Old 08-13-2018, 08:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I read the same article you did, and came up with a different conclusion. Just how does someone ask a 6'5" dude for a dollar and reach in his back pocket, steal his wallet and run off? I'm thinking this is bs, that it happened the way I said. You seem to think the reporter was there, he wasn't.
I don't know what to say.

All I did was read the article, and respond to it.

My guess is, the assailant, the only living witness, provided that information.

"The way you said", is that he was giving money to the deceased, and was robbed of his wallet.

It's a little hard for me to believe that the assailant wouldn't have included that information, which would be in his favor, in his statement, if that were true.

But hey. Who knows.

My guess still is that the news article is true. The deceased asked for money, and then grabbed the wallet out of the assailant's pocket, and then was beaten to death by the assailant.

Stands to reason.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:50 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,181 times
Quote:
I don't know what to say.

All I did was read the article, and respond to it.

My guess is, the assailant, the only living witness, provided that information.

"The way you said", is that he was giving money to the deceased, and was robbed of his wallet.

It's a little hard for me to believe that the assailant wouldn't have included that information, which would be in his favor, in his statement, if that were true.

But hey. Who knows.

My guess still is that the news article is true. The deceased asked for money, and then grabbed the wallet out of the assailant's pocket, and then was beaten to death by the assailant.

Stands to reason.
I've carried a wallet in my back pocket for 35+ years, and there is no way someone who has my attention is going to take it without a fight. And I'm nowhere near 6'5" and don't have anywhere near Morris' temper. So that's why I'm assuming the reporter is ad-libbing.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:03 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
A five minute beat down is a bit overkill...far beyond any lesson being taught...
It isn’t like he tackled him and the guy hit his head or something...he rained blows upon the dude for five minutes.
I agree. Once he knocked the thief down and he was not a threat or could grab his wallet back, that should have been it. Never a reason to beat somone in a defense situation past the point where they are not a threat anymore. This guys anger has now ruined his life and ended another. The punishment should fit the crime and a petty thief like this did not deserve to be beaten to dearh.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:20 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
People are thinking in movie terms, but real life isn’t the movies. Just because one guy is a bad guy doesn’t mean the other guy is a good guy. The wallet thief is a bad guy, but to beat someone that continuously, for that long (5 minutes is long, time it and imagine beating someone for that entire time) , to feel bones break under your hand and have blood spattering you, to know you’re killing him and not be able to stop, frankly I think this guy is a lunatic.

Beating someone like that is extreme and frightening behavior. For people to say he should walk among society and even be applauded for such madness is mind boggling to me. I believe this is a violent man and has a history of temper control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events