Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 09:50 AM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times

Advertisements

Hum, I guess I would not be attending!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 10:01 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Hum, I guess I would not be attending!
I would pay as long as I could bring my video camera just to watch a meltdown. This is so weird it has to be real. Most people dodge bullets some dodge mortars or 155s. This dude dodged a MOAB

Old 08-28-2018, 10:04 AM

359 posts, read 320,359 times
But - she has the money for her TWO MONTH trek in South America? And who will be watching her baby? Wow, what a piece of trash, if this is all true.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:16 AM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Champagne life on a beer budget.
Generic Flat beer at that.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:18 AM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxTerra View Post
But - she has the money for her TWO MONTH trek in South America? And who will be watching her baby? Wow, what a piece of trash, if this is all true.
I'll bet she's taking the money the few guests that actually sent in the $1500 .

Old 08-28-2018, 10:49 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Oh wow; that is hysterical ... sort of. Except I think attitudes like that are becoming more & more common.

This whole: "It's MY day!" Thing is getting out of hand. She even said she wanted to be a Kardashian for a day? Really? Okay:

It's your day ... to get married. It's your wedding day. That means it's his (fiance) day too! Yes; it's your day to be a bride. It's your day to look like a Fairy Princess but it is your fiance's wedding day too. It's his mothers day to see her son get married, it's your fathers day to walk his daughter down the aisle ...

As a woman who has been married twice & never got a wedding; I think she was insane to have alienated her guy over this. She could have had a beautiful wedding with supportive friends & family.

To me; having a wedding when you get married means that something important is happening. Something important enough for the normal day to day stuff to momentarily come to a halt. It means a potential spouse thinks enough of you to stand up in front of witnesses & say "I do".

It's a day of celebration, traditionally; because strong couples make strong families & strong families make strong communities & strong communities make strong societies.

I'll admit I stop & stare at wedding dresses. I wonder if I'd still look pretty in a wedding. I wonder if anybody will ever see me as important enough to stand up in front of witnesses.

I see picturesque places & think: "Wow, wouldn't that be perfect for ..." The little girl in me who never got her wedding day does still want to feel like a Fairy Princess just once. I would be sad that my mother did not live to see it, I would be happy that my 77-year-old father would finally feel that reassurance that I know he's always wanted (It's a devout Catholic dad thing: It's important to him).

I would literally flip burgers on a grill for my own guests if it meant having a wedding day & I think she was nuts to have acted like that, along with her dramatic exit attempt: "Goodbye cruel world ... I'm going to South America ... !" What was that all about, anyway?
I hope you get your day eventually. I love bride shows like say yes to the dress. I've dreamed of renewing our vows for our 10th but that didn't happen due to hub having cancer. I had already narrowed down gowns because I was wearing one again! Maybe for our 25th! lol

Hub never had a wedding with his 1st wife. My 1st marriage I was 5 months pregnant and in a maternity dress. 2nd one I had a 1992 dress where it was short in front and long in the back but I didn't consider it a bridal gown so for the 3rd I was beaded out, hub was in a morning suit. What a day! I wish Cypress Gardens was still around, it's Lego land now!

Old 08-28-2018, 10:56 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
It can't be real. It just.. can't.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:57 AM

779 posts, read 471,844 times
If you can't tell this is fake, then.......

Old 08-28-2018, 11:14 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
What's unbelievable is why people believe these fake "bridezilla" stories.

The story is fake.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:31 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
I don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility. My coworker was invited to attend a destination wedding which was being held at a rather pricey resort. So she and her (then) fiance decided to price out other lodging options that they could afford. They were also planning on staying for only two nights, rather than a full week like everyone else. They had their own upcoming wedding to save for, after all.

Well the bride became VERY upset because apparently the deal she worked out with the resort was contingent on all the wedding guests staying on-site for a week (something she agreed to without having firm RSVPs from all the guests). This simply wasn't possible for my coworker ... She couldn't afford a week stay at an expensive resort, plus airfare, plus blowing a week of vacation time. She did briefly consider a compromise where she and fiance would share a room with another budget-conscious couple for 3 nights, but was told that wasn't good enough. The bride insisted that they had to get their own room and stay the whole week. Coworker told her "I'm really sorry, but I don't think we're going to be able to attend your wedding." The bride went into complete a meltdown about how coworker was ruining EVERYTHING (we suspect that there were others in the same predicament, and the wheels were falling off the wedding completely, but for the full effect of guilt, she had to make it sound like everything hinged on coworker being there).

Coworker didn't attend, and the bride hasn't spoken to her since, nor did she attend coworker's wedding a few months later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events