Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 07:36 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,576,900 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable.
Amazing some guests actually gave her the money.
The guy got lucky he will not be married to her but I feel bad for the kid they have. She is an entitled wack job.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...204000103.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 07:57 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
This is another one of those odd open-ended engagements. They got engaged at 18, had a kid in their early 20's. So they've been engaged for years, and only set a wedding date fairly recently, it sounds like. (I didn't read the whole thing. Can someone post some Cliff's?) So, they've been engaged for at least 4-5 years. What's the rush? Do they even have solid jobs? It doesn't sound like it, if they can't afford their wedding, and don't want to stay within their means to have a wedding.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:01 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
She wants to live in a fairy tale but the problem is she's not a princess.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:07 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
If this isn't a joke meant to garner attention and fame, this is really sad.

Hopefully in her trek in South America, she will gain the insights she needs. Her mention of "disassociating" is interesting, given that the rest of her rant seems unenlightened as to who the problem is here.

Sad for the little boy who has a lifetime to endure this chaos.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:14 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,325,155 times
I read this on msn.com yesterday but didn't see mention of a child which makes it even more ridiculous if this story is even true. She sounds like a narcissist of the highest order and the groom is lucky she called off the wedding. I wonder where the child will be while she's backpacking through South America. He dodged a bullet for sure but I have a feeling this is just another one of those stories made up to garner attention. Maybe she's hoping to get on some reality show because I really can't put my head around a bride expecting her guests to ante up $1500 to attend her wedding. It's just ludicrous.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:32 AM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I read this on msn.com yesterday but didn't see mention of a child which makes it even more ridiculous if this story is even true. She sounds like a narcissist of the highest order and the groom is lucky she called off the wedding. I wonder where the child will be while she's backpacking through South America. He dodged a bullet for sure but I have a feeling this is just another one of those stories made up to garner attention. Maybe she's hoping to get on some reality show because I really can't put my head around a bride expecting her guests to ante up $1500 to attend her wedding. It's just ludicrous.
I wondered the same thing either she's looking to get on a reality show or it's just a made up story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is another one of those odd open-ended engagements. They got engaged at 18, had a kid in their early 20's. So they've been engaged for years, and only set a wedding date fairly recently, it sounds like. (I didn't read the whole thing. Can someone post some Cliff's?) So, they've been engaged for at least 4-5 years. What's the rush? Do they even have solid jobs? It doesn't sound like it, if they can't afford their wedding, and don't want to stay within their means to have a wedding.
I read what's there. It's missing a few parts. Basically they have jobs and managed to save up $15,000 but realized they couldn't afford their wedding when they went to a fortune teller who told them to ask guests to chip in. She mention s her maid of honor pledging $5,000, grooms parents pledging $3,000 but doesn't mention her parents.

We got married at Cypress Gardens in 2001 for under $5,000. I can't imagine what I could do with $15,000! I doubt I would change anything except inviting people lol It was pretty much my hub and I and a few online friends that were local, we then went out to dinner. It was nice. I wish my dad would have been able to go; that's my biggest regret but we're still together. Best wedding day ever! I was like a princess at the park; only person in a wedding gown.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:39 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Almost unbelievable. (I would say it would be a hoax except for the detail and language used in her postings.)

I hope she does go to South America and see what poverty actually looks like. (And, yes, I know there is plenty of poverty in the U.S., also! Maybe she will come back with a MUCH improved and much less entitled attitude.

Anyone who thinks that asking friends and relatives for $1500 each is just asking for [quote] "a little help" [unquote] is . . . well, words fail me!

Old 08-28-2018, 08:48 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,514,642 times
Sounds as delightful as some of the posters in the relationships forum.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:02 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,034,249 times
[quote=katharsis;52931109]Almost unbelievable. (I would say it would be a hoax except for the detail and language used in her postings.)

I hope she does go to South America and see what poverty actually looks like. (And, yes, I know there is plenty of poverty in the U.S., also! Maybe she will come back with a MUCH improved and much less entitled attitude.

Anyone who thinks that asking friends and relatives for $1500 each is just asking for
Quote:
"a little help" [unquote] is . . . well, words fail me!

Actually, I think this bride is in the UK. The article I read on this yesterday mentioned that the total cost was going to be 60,000 pounds, which came to $46,000 (I think that's what I read) in US dollars. BUT it could be that the link I read was a UK link...

Old 08-28-2018, 09:05 AM

34 posts, read 26,953 times
[quote=katharsis;52931109]Almost unbelievable. (I would say it would be a hoax except for the detail and language used in her postings.)

Anyone who thinks that asking friends and relatives for $1500 each is just asking for
Quote:
"a little help" [unquote] is . . . well, words fail me!

She takes that attitude out of the country at her own risk
Asking to be a victim IMO brcause she is too self centered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events