Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 07:25 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
People are now considering carrying a squirt bottle full of ammonia because of stories like this??? Boy I'm sure glad I don't live that way, in constant fear.

I'm not convinced the world is crazier now, what I am convinced of is with cell phones and the internet the world sees all the crap that has always gone on.
I'm pretty sure people haven't always just gotten raped in the middle of a Walmart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2022, 08:37 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
People are now considering carrying a squirt bottle full of ammonia because of stories like this??? Boy I'm sure glad I don't live that way, in constant fear.

I'm not convinced the world is crazier now, what I am convinced of is with cell phones and the internet the world sees all the crap that has always gone on.
Enjoy your fantasy world. Ignorance is bliss.

The rest of us accept reality. We'll take the steps necessary to protect ourselves against the increasing depravity of mankind.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:07 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
He definitely has a blank look in his eyes. Not even evil looking, just blank.
He does have hypertelorism, an abnormally large space between the eyes. This can signal a few different genetic syndromes or a possible undiagnosed growth in that area. This sort of disorder can lead to various psycho-social problems.

I'd be surprised if this hadn't been noted in at least one of his encounters with the law.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:21 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Those of you who think there is little chance of a woman being physically violated in some way while in public need to question the women in your life. Some guys think a pinch or a handful is enough. The crazy ones do more. We've got a lot more crazy, drugged-up guys out there now than fifty years ago.

And believe me, these guys are everywhere. Doctors, college Deans, salespeople, drunk uncles, even mental health professionals. A woman is fortunate if she can get through life without at least one forced sex act.

It's still happening to me in my seventies. I've spent my whole life being hyperaware of who is in my space and it gets old.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:27 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,378 times
diversity is our strength!!

Old 03-24-2022, 12:31 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Honestly, he needs to be locked up.
He needs to be removed from the gene pool.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:39 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
The way things are now you hurt one of those guys enough and you'll be in as much trouble as some police are when they try to subdue drugged, crazy people! Carry even a legal weapon and they'll argue you deliberately had plans to go out and hurt someone with it.

It's hard for a normal person to believe but under the influence of some of the drugs people are using today a stun gun will have no effect. They just keep coming. I've seen it documented more than a few times in medical records.
In the video even the strong, young heroes had a very hard time restraining that creep. That woman, or another didn't stand a chance against him.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:58 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Those of you who think there is little chance of a woman being physically violated in some way while in public need to question the women in your life. Some guys think a pinch or a handful is enough. The crazy ones do more. We've got a lot more crazy, drugged-up guys out there now than fifty years ago.

And believe me, these guys are everywhere. Doctors, college Deans, salespeople, drunk uncles, even mental health professionals. A woman is fortunate if she can get through life without at least one forced sex act.

It's still happening to me in my seventies. I've spent my whole life being hyperaware of who is in my space and it gets old.
When I was a young kid, I was molested off and on from the age of 6 to 8 years old, by our next door neighbor. His wife was my mom's best friend.

I used to have a cousin who was my grandparents age. From time to time, our family would go to his and his wife's house to visit. I always hated going because he'd always insist on hugging, and when he did, he'd put one hand on my boob, and the other against my back, not letting me back out of the hug.

When I was in my 20's, where I used to work, there was a guy who was a maintenance/janitorial guy. He was maybe my dad's age. He was always trying to talk to me. One time, we were having a potluck lunch, and we were all standing in line to get our food. He got behind me, and stood so close to me, I could feel his breath and feel his penis pushed up against my butt.

Yeah, I bet there are very few women who have NOT been groped, rubbed, etc., against their will.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:32 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
When I was a young kid, I was molested off and on from the age of 6 to 8 years old, by our next door neighbor. His wife was my mom's best friend.

I used to have a cousin who was my grandparents age. From time to time, our family would go to his and his wife's house to visit. I always hated going because he'd always insist on hugging, and when he did, he'd put one hand on my boob, and the other against my back, not letting me back out of the hug.

When I was in my 20's, where I used to work, there was a guy who was a maintenance/janitorial guy. He was maybe my dad's age. He was always trying to talk to me. One time, we were having a potluck lunch, and we were all standing in line to get our food. He got behind me, and stood so close to me, I could feel his breath and feel his penis pushed up against my butt.

Yeah, I bet there are very few women who have NOT been groped, rubbed, etc., against their will.
This is crazy. What the heck is wrong with men especially as they get older. And most of these guys have a spouse/girlfriend.
I do think almost all girls/women have had similar experiences. I have had my share but not at such a young age.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:32 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
In the video even the strong, young heroes had a very hard time restraining that creep. That woman, or another didn't stand a chance against him.
I agree. He was definitely on something that gave him that strength
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events