Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 08:40 PM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times

Advertisements

Here we are, March 2024, She was murdered October 29, 2022. I'm still not seeing an update in the case.

I see the family closed the go fund me. It raised $407,982.

Video - Family, friends remember, celebrate Shanquella Robinson ahead of 27th birthday - Updated: Jan. 6, 2024

Shanquella Robinson's Friends Face Lawsuit Over Her Death - Published Oct 29, 2023 at 5:00 AM EDT

Quote:
The family of a woman killed on a Mexico vacation will sue six of her travel companions for hindering an investigation into her death.

Shanquella Robinson, 25-year-old, who ran her own hair braiding business in Charlotte, North Carolina, had traveled to Mexico with six friends on October 28, 2022, for a short vacation. Her severely injured body was found the next day.

"The lawsuit will be against the six travel mates including the three who lied by omission by failing to disclose that someone had been beating Shanquella prior to her death," family lawyer, Sue-Ann Robinson, told Newsweek.

Sue-Ann Robinson confirmed that the law firm she works for "will be filing a civil lawsuit on behalf of the family."

In November 2022, Mexican police released an investigative report that showed that Robinson may have been alive for several hours and received care from a doctor before authorities arrived and pronounced her dead. The doctor told authorities that Robinson's friends had insisted she be taken care of in the house instead of going to the hospital.

Sue-Ann Robinson has already traveled to Mexico and was in direct contact with Mexican authorities, who shared some of their investigative files. She has not said to Newsweek when she intended to launch the civil action against the six.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2024, 09:39 AM

5,584 posts, read 6,514,131 times
Were these "real" friends or just aquaintances she traveled with? Do we know WHY she was beaten up? I've never seen these questions addressed. Do you know, Roselvr? Anyone else have any other information as to why this tragedy happened?

Old 03-11-2024, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Were these "real" friends or just aquaintances she traveled with? Do we know WHY she was beaten up? I've never seen these questions addressed. Do you know, Roselvr? Anyone else have any other information as to why this tragedy happened?

They supposedly were her real friends. She was especially close to one male, I believe he was the one who told her to fight back, she said no.

I have never seen the why it happened anywhere. I was hoping we'd hear that when they all got deposed from her parents suing them.

Old 03-11-2024, 05:27 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,424,652 times
When I saw the thread was bumped I was hoping for an update. It's disgusting that nobody has been held responsible for this murder.

Old 03-11-2024, 02:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,323,411 times
^^Same here. This is unforgettable. And unforgivable.

Old 03-11-2024, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
When I saw the thread was bumped I was hoping for an update. It's disgusting that nobody has been held responsible for this murder.

I google every few months to see if there is anything new. I hope that the next time I google that her parents will have taken the "friends" to court.

I'm not going to hold my breath that Mexico will arrest the one who beat her.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:38 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I google every few months to see if there is anything new. I hope that the next time I google that her parents will have taken the "friends" to court.

Her friends know which one of them beat her.

Eventually, it will come out, might take 5 years but someone will talk.

Someone in the group beat her (probably accidentally) to death and it was almost certainly over either money or a man.

It's disappointing that news outlets have to cast a shadow on society that somehow they're not focusing on her case when the real culprit is her friends that know and are not talking.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/12/us/sh...ion/index.html

Old 03-14-2024, 03:43 PM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
If I remember correctly they were friends she went to college with. I don’t know if that encompassed all of them though.

I can’t believe it’s on video and still no one arrested.

Old 03-14-2024, 03:45 PM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Well we would have to arrest them first and then extradite to Mexico. They can’t come here and arrest them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events