Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 07:26 AM

50,710 posts, read 36,411,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
It was a male voice, her friend, that was holding the video and asking her why she didn't fight back. That was established early on.
That doesn't mean the only one she was friends with was him. Poster said she was only friends with one, and another poster said "it was the man, right?" and I want to know how he knows that or why he thinks that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2023, 07:29 AM

50,710 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
MissPickle's post #59
https://www.city-data.com/forum/65020736-post59.html

"best friend" apparently.
Yikes!

Old 04-11-2023, 06:36 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That doesn't mean the only one she was friends with was him. Poster said she was only friends with one, and another poster said "it was the man, right?" and I want to know how he knows that or why he thinks that.

I'm pretty sure that her sister had specified the guy was her good friend in one of the articles posted.

Old 04-11-2023, 06:52 PM

10,985 posts, read 6,852,461 times
Yes, as I said upthread it was established very early on, in print and in live interviews with the family (specifically, her mother).

Old 04-11-2023, 07:46 PM

2,178 posts, read 2,314,948 times
Yes, it was the man. And if I remember correctly, he was the one who called her mother and informed her what happened.

Old 04-12-2023, 12:38 AM

2,072 posts, read 889,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
That only friend was a male right. He did not intervene or stop the assault.

Yes, that was her "friend" (of 5 years) khalil cooke (who had also been on trips w/the family). It was also him that filmed Shanquella sleeping in the hammock & his voice that could be heard laughing mockingly & saying "we got our first dead body. Body body body body .." And his voice asking 'Quella aren't you even gonna fight back?' As she answers "noooo" she is hurled to the floor @ the foot of the bed & daejhanae continues her brutal assault -- then sitting motionless w/her head down -- khalil's bearded profile can be seen on the left of the screen as he starts to move forward, but is stopped by the person filming & words are exchanged.

A brief khalil cooke bio.

It mentions the ppp loan, rumor has it that was the main source of friction & jealousy. Its my understanding that is because Shanquella was the only successful entrepeneur among them.

Attorneys said they were going to have a meeting w/the white house after the 1st of April.

So far just *crickets*

Old 04-12-2023, 01:02 PM

2,072 posts, read 889,940 times
Default Shanquella Robinson autopsy: Feds will not seek charges

@ 50:00 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTjNz5hsGF4

Old 04-12-2023, 06:12 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post

Thanks for the video, talk about disgusting. It really floors me that no charges will be pressed.

Old 04-12-2023, 07:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
I watched the half hour video, and would have liked to have had someone speak who knew more about international criminal law. This lawyer took a half hour to tell a 5 minute story, repeating herself over and over and over.

This is a case of a group of friends and acquaintances from the US who were traveling together, and then something went wrong between some of the people and this woman was beaten to death. Very early on I remember reading the mother of the victim say her daughter felt safe going with this group, because she had this one friend she knew she could count on. Which I thought at the time was very odd. There was some violence in this group that the victim felt somehow shielded from since one other person was attending with her.

I will say, that I do agree if this were a wealthy young white married couple, and the husband killed the wife on video while they were in Mexico, criminal charges would follow. So I think this attorney is correct in that case, that this is class related.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:49 PM

165 posts, read 114,920 times
Update on this case. Federal prosecutors have decided not to prosecute the case:

https://www.wbtv.com/2023/04/12/shan...s-murder-case/

Autopsy results from examination done here in the U.S. contradicts findings by ME in Mexico:

https://www.wbtv.com/2023/04/12/new-...outputType=amp

I think these findings will make it difficult for the extradition request to be granted. Honestly I think the Mexican authorities botched this case from the time medical personnel showed up at that villa to treat Shanquella to the subsequent “investigation” after her death. It seems the Mexican authorities didn’t get serious about this case until well after the fact.

I do hope Shanquella’s family can eventually get justice for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events