Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2023, 04:00 PM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Correct, and some interviews aren't paid at all, depending on the story and the party's involvement in it. I remember reading a while back that someone in another case was all set to go be on TV but only the airfare was going to be covered, no hotel, meals or interview fee so they bowed out.
Right. Could you imagine the network embarrassment if they paid any money for a hoax story?

If the Russell's received any money from anyone, they should return it. Promptly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2023, 04:03 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,581,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Yeah, I'm genuinely shocked that more people aren't saying that they would have pulled over. It seems like natural instinct to me to protect a small child like that.
I'd help too but now I'll make sure to have a weapon with me and before I get out look to see if there's any bad hombres (dudes with face or neck tattoos, undesirables, poor looking tweakers) in the nearby brush.

Old 07-21-2023, 04:15 PM

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
I'd help too but now I'll make sure to have a weapon with me and before I get out look to see if there's any bad hombres (dudes with face or neck tattoos, undesirables, poor looking tweakers) in the nearby brush.
It's interesting to note that one of the reasons the police did not believe Carlee's story is because no other passing motorists called to report a child on the side of the road and no other motorist pulled over to get that baby.

Children sometimes wander away from home and it is instinctive in most people to make sure that the child gets to safety.

There are far more good people in this world than bad people. I truly believe that.

Old 07-21-2023, 04:50 PM

Even a 13 y.o. was smarter when she was actually kidnapped.

https://share.newsbreak.com/4hdtl739

Old 07-21-2023, 05:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Fired from Woodhouse Spa. They've had to lock down social media, which is a major marketing tool for them, due to 1 star ratings due to their association with Carlee Russell. (Come on, people! It's not the spa's fault for crying out loud)

https://nypost.com/2023/07/21/carlee...abama-spa-job/

Old 07-21-2023, 06:13 PM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
I went and checked their Google Maps reviews a couple of hours ago after reading about this from an actual employee at the spa, on another platform. A lot of people counteracted the 1 stars by giving them 5 stars with a promise to patronize very soon. Not sure about other social media.

Old 07-21-2023, 09:14 PM

They didn't deserve to be punished because of her action. They did everything to help and be supportive.
Hope their business will thrive even more after the damage she caused.

The nursing school will be next to drop her like a hot potato.

What a stupid, stupid girl...
She probably should be on a suicide watch now.

Old 07-21-2023, 09:32 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,576,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
They made a generic PR statement before everything came out. Likely on the advice of their attorney. The police chief reported that she had stolen a bathrobe and a roll of toilet paper from her place of employment. Clearly the employer knew about it (whether on camera or personally witnessed) and reported it to the police. They were correct in waiting to give out details of the theft before the press conference.
In the police report on tv I saw where I think he said she'd gathered those items to take, but left them at her place of employment. He didn't comment on whether he thinks she intentionally or accidentally left them. But they were gathered & stored in such a way that they knew she was stealing the items, was the implication.

Old 07-21-2023, 09:37 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,576,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Right. Could you imagine the network embarrassment if they paid any money for a hoax story?

If the Russell's received any money from anyone, they should return it. Promptly.
If the network bosses are smart, a contract was signed that would give the network an out, if the story turned out to be false or whatever, as determined by law enforcement. (She, of course, will maintain it's true, for the sake of the paid interviews.)

Old 07-22-2023, 05:34 AM

2,178 posts, read 2,315,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

The "balloon boy" couple was paid for their media tours in 2009.

What a hot mess that was. I really fell for that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events