Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 02:15 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,567,238 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable. Hope she is caught!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/raging-wo...e-caught-video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2024, 03:38 PM

10,061 posts, read 14,935,470 times
First a shot in Times Square hitting a Brazilian tourist, now a Texas tourist is beaten… I understand crowds of tourists can be annoying to locals, but just avoid the tourist areas. The last thing NYC needs is for its tourist industry to enter into a crisis.

Old 02-21-2024, 04:01 PM

2,628 posts, read 1,173,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
To bad we can't shoot garbage like this female thing. Since we can't I hope the authorities find this thing and throw it in prison to get kicked and beaten to the point it bleeds.

Old 02-22-2024, 06:49 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times
How can NYC even have any tourists these days? The people who are still visiting the place must be pretty stupid because it's all over the news every night on what a cesspool it has become. Good people who live there maybe can't get out but no tourist in their right mind should be going there.

Somebody needs to follow her slaps with a punch in the face.

Old 02-22-2024, 07:01 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How can NYC even have any tourists these days? The people who are still visiting the place must be pretty stupid because it's all over the news every night on what a cesspool it has become. Good people who live there maybe can't get out but no tourist in their right mind should be going there.
And you believe everything you see on the news? It's not a cesspool. You (and the news) are exaggerating. A few incidents in a city with millions of residents and tourists does not a cesspool make.

Old 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Truly bizarre. I wish they had taken her out, punched her, something. I'm upset that no one did!

Old 02-22-2024, 01:46 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
She might be mentally ill, in which case a mental evaluation is in order. Jail isn't always the answer.

Old 02-22-2024, 03:30 PM

813 posts, read 442,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint you Charlotte, but even if she is caught she will be out on no bail and released before the cops even finish the report.

The laws as they are applied in NYC do not punish anyone unless they have committed crimes on migrants or minorities. This women has the "Get Out Of Jail Free" card... she is black and committed what will amount to be a minor infraction with no consequences/fines/punishment. And to add... she only did this to a white woman.

My advice... go someplace else for a decade or two and see if NYC can climb out of the same doldrums it was in back in the 80's/early 90's.

I worked in that zoo for over 40 years. I've seen the worst of it, then the best of it, and now in the worst of it again. In my opinion this time it's worse. My reason... it isn't the place a business has to be in order to make it big because of the modern times we live in. Financial companies, large corporations, those looking to make it big... they can do it from a distance and not have to endure the crime, the cost, the insanity.

The last straw will be when the NYSE moves to Florida. Think it won't happen? Talk to me again before this decade is done. The negotiations are already taking place.

Last edited by SickofJersey; 02-22-2024 at 03:41 PM..

Old 02-22-2024, 04:49 PM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
And you believe everything you see on the news? It's not a cesspool. You (and the news) are exaggerating. A few incidents in a city with millions of residents and tourists does not a cesspool make.
I don't just see NYC news videos, I read NYC newspapers online. I wouldn't even drive through NYC on my way to someplace else. And my news from various sources comes from the mouths of residents, former residents, your mayor and your police. You don't even prosecute your violent criminals. Maybe you are the one who isn't getting your news.

Old 02-22-2024, 04:56 PM

9,439 posts, read 5,201,523 times
You know what??? You kick some puppy cages and we have a serious problem!! When did all these psychos decide to come out of the woodwork?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events