Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 11:58 AM

2,906 posts, read 1,981,289 times

Advertisements

Didn't watch the video to see the max he could have gotten, but in a case like that where someone is pointing a rifle at someone who is unarmed and not a danger should at least be given life without parole, although the death penalty should be strongly considered.

It's bizarre how wildly different sentences are for similar crimes. You see it across the country, doesn't seem the justice system is working properly to me. There was a case in the early 90's where I live where a young man that my brother-in-law knew and said he never caused any trouble, and you could tell he was raised right, was murdered in cold blood and the killer was given a plea deal of a measly 4 years after chasing the young man down and smashing his head in with a chunk of concrete after he tripped and fell. The Lucas county prosecutor here in NW Ohio has made many obviously biased decisions over the decades based on race that I've seen and she's still in office.

Then there's the case of Jennifer Fichter, the teacher in Florida who had sex with three of her 17 year old male students, receiving either 22 or 24 years in prison. Pretty heavy handed in my opinion when other female teachers got much less time for having sex with younger students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2024, 12:23 PM

3,937 posts, read 2,338,527 times
IMHO, crimes of passion, i.e-murder, are different and subject to interpretation by the jury and judge. Not that a person gets a pass for killing their spouse. However, if said spouse is fooling around on the other and the adulterer just flaunts it in their spouses face, well, that is taken into account, in terms of sentencing.

Old 03-21-2024, 03:40 PM

3,370 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
IMHO, crimes of passion, i.e-murder, are different and subject to interpretation by the jury and judge. Not that a person gets a pass for killing their spouse. However, if said spouse is fooling around on the other and the adulterer just flaunts it in their spouses face, well, that is taken into account, in terms of sentencing.
You are correct she flaunted it in front of the guy trying to make him feel horrible and stole 120 thousand probably his retirement money and the jury thought she was scum.it would be different if she tried to hide it and not steal 120 grand.

Old 03-21-2024, 03:55 PM

1,701 posts, read 781,038 times
Let me tell y'all something, white boys can get away with any damn thing. This dude gets 10 years for offing his wife? People get 10 years for MUCH less offenses

Old 03-22-2024, 08:49 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Back in the 80's.. Wrestling manager and.. Someone who should have been a stand up comedian.. Bobby "The Brain" Heenan was doing a talk show.. Talked to a member of the audience who said he and his wife were celebrating their 20th anniversary..

Wow.. he said.. 20 years! Just think.. If you'd killed her, you'd be getting out now!

And the couple he was talking to and the rest of the audience had a good laugh.

Oh for the days when that was actually a joke.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:37 AM

3,937 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Let me tell y'all something, white boys can get away with any damn thing. This dude gets 10 years for offing his wife? People get 10 years for MUCH less offenses
Hold on! Not always true. I've seen other ethnicities get away with murder scott free. Or they get manslaughter 10 years and out in 5 years. Depends on the circumstances. Not always black and white. It's economical. Can you pay for a vigorous defense. This guy just got off recently. Saw it on one of these ID shows. I guess the recurring theme. It's Texas.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...062300238.html

The recent episode of Death by Fame, titled “Day in Court,” aired on ID on Monday, February 26, 2024, at 9 p.m. ET. It explored the death of Patricia Spivey after she was accidentally shot by her husband, Renard Spivey. Renard is a former sheriff’s deputy who shot to fame as the bailiff on the court TV show Justice for All With Judge Cristina Perez.

Renard Spivey was acquitted of his wife’s murder on December 6, 2023. The acquittal came more than four years after he contacted 911 and reported that an accidental shooting had occurred at the couple’s residence. He said that before the shooting, he and his wife Patricia were “tussling” with a gun. Authorities found Patricia Spivey dead in the closet of the couple’s bedroom. Aside from finding a substantial amount of blood, three bullet casings along with a 9 mm semi-automatic gun had also been found by the investigators, KPRC reported.

Last edited by quiet life; 03-22-2024 at 10:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events