Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 07:04 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

The mother of missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue entered a not guilty plea to child neglect charges Friday afternoon.

Search continues.

The court hearing for Katrina Baur, 31, only lasted two minutes...

https://fox11online.com/news/crime/k...r-alert-search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2024, 09:10 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I don't know why people like this don't just put their children up for adoption if they don't want to be parents.
Well, I don't think it's quite as easy as walking into an adoption agency and saying "Here, take this kid" and walking out. Hell, it's often not that easy to put a pet up for adoption these days.

I said it in the other "bad parenting" thread and I'll say it again: time for our society to stop teaching people that the knee-jerk must-do procedure in life is procreating, and then maybe the people who don't really want to/shouldn't be parents will realize they have other options.

Old 03-30-2024, 02:47 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Search continues on Good Friday, after dozens of law enforcement drone teams from around the state conducted a wide-scale search west of Two Rivers on Thursday.
Heavy law enforcement presence is coordinating out of Hope Community Church. Police and sheriff’s departments from all over the state lent a hand, trying to bring the community some answers.
The Two Rivers police chief says he encourages anyone who wants to help to step in and join a coordinated, legal search party.
https://www.wbay.com/2024/03/29/elij...-drone-effort/

Old 03-30-2024, 05:39 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Well, I don't think it's quite as easy as walking into an adoption agency and saying "Here, take this kid" and walking out. Hell, it's often not that easy to put a pet up for adoption these days.

I said it in the other "bad parenting" thread and I'll say it again: time for our society to stop teaching people that the knee-jerk must-do procedure in life is procreating, and then maybe the people who don't really want to/shouldn't be parents will realize they have other options.
I doubt that Elijah's parents were even trying to conceive him. They had sex and she got pregnant, thus Elijah. I really see no evidence whatsoever that these parents ever cared about this child or even wanted him. They probably only cared about whatever government freebies they got while they supposedly "cared" for him. That poor little boy was born into a life of misery. May he be at peace now with the angels.

Old 04-06-2024, 03:34 PM

3 posts, read 2,618 times
Missing 3-year-old boy: Mother's boyfriend ordered to stand trial

Updated: 5:39 PM CDT Apr 4, 2024

Investigators who spoke with Jesse Vang the day Elijah Vue went missing took the witness stand during the Manitowoc Co. court proceedings.

The man who was watching Elijah Vue when he disappeared was ordered to stand trial.

Prosecutors say Jesse Vang reported Elijah Vue missing on Feb. 20. According to investigators, Elijah's mother, Katrina Baur, sent her son to stay with Vang to be disciplined.

more: https://www.wisn.com/article/missing...trial/60400403

Old 04-06-2024, 08:42 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A New Day View Post
I just don’t understand why men like this date women that have children.

Why not date someone that has no kids?
I don’t think they ever cared if a woman have children or not. They like a woman and send signals of interests. It’s up to the woman to show signs of interest in the proposal. Very few relationships start without the woman deciding who she will be in a relationship with. Abusive people (men and women) usually don’t show their abusive side until the other person is already hooked on him or her. Then it’s harder for her to leave the relationship (not impossible, but harder.)

As for the stepdad caring for the children, well if he didn’t care enough for the mother, why would he care equally or more for her kids?

Old 04-06-2024, 08:50 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I doubt that Elijah's parents were even trying to conceive him. They had sex and she got pregnant, thus Elijah. I really see no evidence whatsoever that these parents ever cared about this child or even wanted him. They probably only cared about whatever government freebies they got while they supposedly "cared" for him. That poor little boy was born into a life of misery. May he be at peace now with the angels.
I can see your point, but there are many people that were born not necessarily because they were wanted. It just happened. Most people that are the fruit of a “mistake” (kids themselves are never a mistake) aren’t neglected or abused by one or both of his or her parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events