Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

As you leave on your trip, may the weather be nice and the roads free of weather & traffic !!

Morning ladies

Hey so what is everyone else doing for Christmas ?
Who is having company, who is going to be company lol

Not sure what today will hold I have to get stocking stuffers and a DVD for the kids next door and wrap everything that is piled in the guestroom and the trunk of my car
I may wait until tomorrow and do it all while hubby is playing golf

I so need a veg day I realized it has been pretty non stop for over a month

We all need to figure out which day would be a good "veg do nothing day" and make it a special day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 05:09 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Well I won't be traveling until later this morning Freezing rain right now, when Cassy and I got up at 5 it was just starting, now I hear everyone out scraping their cars so it is worse. Should be clearing up soon, Nick, my son, said it is snowing up there..........so much for a carefree drive

Karla why don't you just veg out the rest of the week (besides wrapping), sounds good to me! I will be doing just that, besides one more batch of cookies, my daughter decided that Natalie had to bake with G-ma! I don't mind doing that one!

Well I have to pick up around here, pack and finish laundry. Best get going.........I'm sure I will be back online to wish all a Merry Christmas once I get settled in up there.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:35 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Now, Sandy, I bet baking cookies w/GD would be fun. Enjoy. And it's good you wait till the roads are clear.

Karla...why am I not surprised that you're busy???

Me?? We're still fighting over whether he's going to make more cookies. Girls, this is f'in ridiculous. Oh, well. And as for Christmas Day, we're still talking about going to Disney World for the day. Not sure yet, since it's looking like it might rain (30%).

He's going alone to his follow-up this a.m. so I'll get some stuff done around here. Hey, maybe I'll hide the flour!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:00 AM

Sandy be careful !!!

pattie they are calling for rain for us too
one report says 30% the other says 70% now if it was Christmas at our house we would get no rain since to my aggravation it always goes north & south of us
But since we will be at my sisters who knows lol I plan on setting my hair so it looks nice & bouncy so you know it will rain just to make it go flat lol

OOO we got the latest sonogram from my niece she is now 17 weeks
lol anyone know how to tell from them if it is a girl or boy !!
She calls the baby peanut so hubby went out to the woodshop this morning to make a "peanut" ornament
omg it is soo cute he used lacewood to give it the peanut look and it is 3D
I have to come up with something cute to write on the back
So far all I have is "coming soon our little peanut"
any suggestion !!!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:37 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Cute Karla, I sure can't come up with anything nice besides maybe our little peanut and the year inscribed in it, so "little peanut" can have the ornament forever!

Won't be leaving until about 11ish, they say the worse of the weather will be out of here, sand, salt trucks are out so I will be fine.

G-daughter called me this morning and asked "you coming to my house", so I said "yes", she said "when" I said "later this morning, it is icy outside now", so she said to my daughter "later this morning" and when Kim got on the phone she was laughing saying "she said you were snoring". This is a first, I told mom what Natalie said "later this morning". We laughed and Yes Pattie making cookies with Natalie will be special.

Have a good day all and hope the news at doctor office is good Pattie!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:00 AM

Thanks, Sandy. No news til after the 1st, I'm afraid. I hate the waiting part.

Karla, I hope your grandniece/nephew isn't a boy. My sister called her younger son Peanut and it stuck. Poor guy. Now everybody thinks he has a little......uh, never mind.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:16 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,520 times
It could be worse... we call our son 'Boo'

Safe trip Sandy. We had a Scout meeting lastnight, even though the weather was nasty. Driving the country back roads was fun! The guy in front of me went sliding into the ditch. Luckily I saw the Police Chief and he sent a squad car to make sure everything was ok. For once I didn't mind driving like a granny.

Had a productive snowball fight with Rusty this morning. I won... He had a blast and proceeded to crash back in bed. Lazy bugger!

Going to help the hubster shovel then it's a good cleaning of the house again for Christmas.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:38 AM

LOL....Boo is my sister's SIL.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:58 AM

lol I called my little brother bubbles

Old 12-22-2010, 08:59 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Morning peeps!

The new bed I bought for myself was delivered yesterday. I slept like a rock last night!

It is freezing rain here at the moment, but the road does not seem too bad. I live at the bottom of a hill, but I am very close to the hospital so they make sure this road gets salted. So far no need for the salt truck.

Shadow & I have been out investigating the woods. When I let her out before bed last night she instantly went into stalk mode. I looked & looked and finally spotted the deer just inside the tree line at the back of the yard. Shadow got a little too close and they took off. Thank heaven she stopped when I called her! I have seen Shadow chase deer before, and each time she is gone longer & longer. Last time was just over 20 minutes. I had sudden visions of chasing after her in my PJs and house shoes, trying not to break my neck in the dark snowy woods......

So the fridge was cold when I got up yesterday. Yay! I went to the grocery store. Got home, fridge is no longer cold. Grrrrrr! I called the place and they tried to give me the brush off. I broke bad with the owner on the phone and had a repair guy out here in under 10 minutes. Compressor is seized. Repair guy says he does not know why it happened. I answered along the lines of the fridge being a used piece of s__t that someone got rid of because it didn't work and that they were either stupid or scam artists for not knowing the thing does not work. They brought me a different fridge about 6 last night. So far, so good.

Later I have to run to Wal Mart to pick up my polar fleece sheets which have finally come in. Then we will hit the barn to hunt mousies & ride.

Sandy, be safe driving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals