Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 04:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies !!

Happy Wednesday
been busy already this morning since I got up at 5
lol I am still trying to track down a Employee of the Month Plaque
The manager sent me a email saying he wanted to have a team meeting on Sunday to announce the awards
So I made a list of companies to call today so I can see if they can get the plaque done and I can Fedex it out tomorrow

I have school this morning we are planting blackberries & installing a compost bin then meeting my sister at 10:15

I am going to have to push my exercise until this afternoon

Have you northern ladies de-iced ? Pattie & I will gladly send you some of our heat

What is on the "books" for you all today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 06:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Wait a minute, Karla....I like our temps in the low 80's. Ok, since it's for our exercise crew, I'll send some I saved from last summer's 90's. I can do that!

Karla, do the employees get any "gifts" in addition to the plaque and recognition?

Lazy Susan finally caught me. I just did NOT feel like dragging my sorry butt out of bed to do the walk thing. Lots of fog here today, the humidity was dripping off the trees. Could not do it.

DH, who is definitely not mechanically inclined, even tho he can fix other stuff, got the power washer fixed yesterday. w00t w00t! I'm so proud of him. He even impressed himself. So, now that he has his toy back, he's going to try to wash the rest of the house today. I have to clean the kitchen floor - something sticky got all over it yesterday, but I think I may have a lazy day today. Dishwasher's running, but that's about it.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:58 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Morning peeps!

LOL Karla, no de-icing happening here. We are in the 20's and there is a very light frozen fog out there right now. They are calling for freezing rain tonight and then a chance of snow every day & night until Tuesday.

OMG! Last night after PE we went to dinner. Got home a little after 9 and then took a shower. I was sitting at my desk with a towel on my head and all of a sudden there is this horrible screaming coming from outside. Kitties scattered and Shadow bolted down the stairs barking her fool head off. I got the towel off my head and grabbed Shadow and out the door we go. I have never in my life heard a sound like this. It kept screaming and screaming from the edge of the woods. Shadow was all puffed up & growling. After it finally stopped I came in and started googling animal death screams. It appears that I was hearing a Red Fox vixen and apparently that is how Red Foxes call out to each other. Very unsettling, even knowing that the critter was not dying in pain.

Shadow, Mickey & I have been out hunting this morning. Shadow made a beeline for the spot where the fox had been last night (naturally). Mickey tried to follow her, but was having a tough time with the snow. Mickey ended up sitting on my shoulder and purring while we walked. Later we will go visit the cookie ladies.

My project for the day will be assembling the new shelving that I bought yesterday. It is a ladder shelving thing and it looks fairly idiot proof to assemble, assuming I can get the box up the stairs.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Afternoon ladies
Just got back from school and breakfast
ok we all know I don't have kids but my 10 month old great-nephew-in-law loves his Auntie Karla my sister & his mom were amazed how he was laughing and smiling at me while I was holding him lol he was also pulling my hair and bopping me in the face with his stuffed Mickey Mouse

Made 1 call and found a place that can have the EOM Plaque done by tomorrow morning if I can get there in 1 hour
The EOM comes with a $50 check
The monthly contest comes with a $25 G.C.

Evey I hear some pretty strange noises coming from the nature preserve behind us but the fox call would of freaked me out

Pattie can I borrow your pressure washer !!!!

ok better dash to the plaque place
back in a bit

Old 02-23-2011, 11:37 AM

Grrrrrrrr! There is an incorrect piece to my shelving unit and now I have to wait for the mfg to send me the right one.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
So much for having a lazy day. DH kicked L. Susan out and put me to work!

He started with power washing the house and I started pulling and clipping dead stuff from the gardens. After a couple hours of that, He handed me the power washer and I cleaned the concrete out on the patio, then the first 1/3 section of the driveway. He had to get more gas for the PW, so I put the front porch back together and vac'd the little area rug we have out there. When I finished that section of driveway, I said that's it, I'm done. Came inside, washed some grates from the gas grill, then washed the kitchen floor. I'm pooped! Tomorrow, I'll finish the driveway and do the sidewalk. Karla, come on down and pick up the PW. I'll let you practice on our driveway or sidewalk!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:38 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Afternoon all!

Don't you hate sounds like that outside Evey, I have never heard a fox screaming and reading your description I don't think I want to. Some of the animal sounds can be so unsettling, especially at night. Remember Pattie telling us about the gators outside a few years back?

I hate it when they pack a defective part, that seems to be more the normal now.

Well you guys make me feel lazy, but what the heck it is dreary and gray outside and as Evey has said more ice and snow is supposed to be in the future. I wish the ice would stop, I can deal with snow, just hate driving on ice.

Guess I am going to get into the kitchen, fix dinner and settle in for the night.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 PM

O.K. Karla, I might just be ready for you to turn on the big fan. Here is our forecast National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary

Old 02-23-2011, 07:48 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times
Hi everyone.

I thought I posted today but I didn't.

The fox would have freaked me out as my animals probably would have gone after it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals