Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 07:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Lisa I looked at the site lol of course they were sold out of Erythromycin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 07:51 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Thanks for the link Lisa, I'm going to remember that one and keep it for future reference, prices are not too bad when you think a 25 dollar co-pay for going to the doctor. I know when I need antibiotics, usually do not need a doctor to tell me

Oh yes Pattie, that is why I am going to the trouble to can so I know what is in it. So far we have frozen strawberry and peach jam, stewed tomatoes and now salsa. Frozen squash is done also for bread. Plus it is cheaper to do your own, the type of salsa I like is the garden fresh organic and it is expensive in the store.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:38 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Lisa I looked at the site lol of course they were sold out of Erythromycin
Figures. Try google to find it in stock. Evey might also know. Hubby and I used to take horse antibiotics for a long time. Same stuff the doctor gives you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Thanks for the link Lisa, I'm going to remember that one and keep it for future reference, prices are not too bad when you think a 25 dollar co-pay for going to the doctor. I know when I need antibiotics, usually do not need a doctor to tell me

Oh yes Pattie, that is why I am going to the trouble to can so I know what is in it. So far we have frozen strawberry and peach jam, stewed tomatoes and now salsa. Frozen squash is done also for bread. Plus it is cheaper to do your own, the type of salsa I like is the garden fresh organic and it is expensive in the store.
They work for me. I don't have doctor visits on my health insurance.

Ooh how did you make the peach jam? I bought the freezer containers for my blackberries but the birds ate them all

I'm looking for a good low sugar recipe. My FIL is diabetic and I wanted to bring some up to NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
This will be my first visit to this dentist, so I don't know what "parting gifts" he has to offer. Remember the days when they gave you a lollipop at the dentist??? Did that make sense or what??? It'd be like going to a cardioligist and, as you're leaving, he hands you a big ol' handful of lard.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:54 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
This will be my first visit to this dentist, so I don't know what "parting gifts" he has to offer. .
I call it my swag, like they give you at the big award shows and stuff--well, they don't give them to ME, but you know...

Today I did a lower body workout that was pretty cool. One of the exercises has you sitting in a chair doing leg lifts, out in front of you, ok no biggie, but then you turn your toes out and do the lifts--it really makes a difference! Another one has you on all fours, and you tuck a weight in behind your bent knee and lift your leg up.

Went out to the boat yesterday so mh could change the oil before his big trip and saw something very interesting on the backs of 3 semis, my husband seemed to think they were parts of a wind turbine. They were VERY long, the trucks had spotters behind them. Then we went to a place called Cheers for dinner and I got meatloaf made with chorizo-not the whole thing, but some added, with mashed potatoes on top and cheddar jack cheese and chipotle catsup! Really good stuff.

Lisa, I am torn between making a smarta$$ed remark about the fish antibiotics, or going out and buying some!

Time to get bizzy, have a good one everybody.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:37 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Go ahead, Connie...we want to hear the smarta$$ed remark!

Well, we each got a new toothbrush and a baby tooth-shaped thing that has minty fresh floss in it.

Hubby also had his tooth fragments taken out. He's had these trying to work their way out for ages and now they're gone. Yay!

Lisa, can your FIL use Splenda??? I've used it in place of sugar in several recipes and you'd never notice the difference.

Sandy, there's nothing like homemade jam. I made strawberry a couple of times when we had the berry patch in our first house. Man, that was good. How about raspberry?? That's good home made, too. Sorry about the birds getting your berries, Lisa.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:41 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Hey peeps!

You guys have been very chatty today. I hate that I miss it all until I am just too tired to read.

My shift ran over by 45 minutes today. One of our kids that graduated a couple of years ago works for the employment office here in town and he had e-mailed me last night about a position that opened up, apply in person today only. So after I finally got home from work I put on some real clothes, got my hair under control, printed out a fresh copy of my resume, and went back into town. Boy, was I miffed to discover that "apply in person" meant "wait your turn to use OUR computer to fill out an application ONLINE". Are you $#@%&ing kidding me? I could have done this at home without wasting the gas and making more laundry and pissing off all of my critters.

*rant over, thanks for listening*

So, I have just gotten home. I don't have the umpf to take Shadow for a walk. Fortunately I have a later shift tomorrow so not only can I get some sleep, but I can walk my poor dog.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:44 PM

Oh Evey, hang in there, it'll get better, and your critters will always love you!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:03 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Oh Evey, sorry about that..........I know the feeling I just had a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes and heard one of the "we are just filtering out right now and will call you back if we want to interview you in person". Hang in there girl something is right around the corner, it is a bit@h when you live in a small town tho.......

Strawberry jam did not set up right this year, for the first time I used liquid peptin and it is runny like just plain frozen strawberries. That is okay tho, good on ice cream. Out of 14 pints of salsa only 6 made it through the processing, why you may ask? the bottoms fell/broke out of the canning jars! I've never had that happen before, so needless to say we have a big container of salsa in the fridge ( I chose not to try another box), and Kim will only have 6 jars of salsa.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Oh Evey, sorry about that..........I know the feeling I just had a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes and heard one of the "we are just filtering out right now and will call you back if we want to interview you in person". Hang in there girl something is right around the corner, it is a bit@h when you live in a small town tho.......

Strawberry jam did not set up right this year, for the first time I used liquid peptin and it is runny like just plain frozen strawberries. That is okay tho, good on ice cream. Out of 14 pints of salsa only 6 made it through the processing, why you may ask? the bottoms fell/broke out of the canning jars! I've never had that happen before, so needless to say we have a big container of salsa in the fridge ( I chose not to try another box), and Kim will only have 6 jars of salsa.
Sounds like you need to throw a taco party!

Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Morning ladies

I had to laugh over Dental Swag I can't wait till my next appointment so I can use the phrase

The biggest difference between Award show swag & dental swag is not only is Award Show swag much cooler but lol we pay for our Dental Swag

But considering what we pay co-pay or non insurance cleaning fee that's one pricey toothbrush

You know I may ask for 2 !!

Evey yikes I would of been annoyed also had I gotten "gussied" up to wait in line just to use the computer especially if I had gone as far as shaved my legs

Lisa I am going to keep my eye on the site so I can get some Erythromycin to take on the cruise in Oct just in case

Pattie I am glad they got the tooth fragments our for hubby they are annoying I had 1 small piece after I had the tooth pulled last year and they kept saying it would work its way out yeah right it took him 3 seconds to remove it

Hubby procedure went very well we were out in about 40 mins
It must of been really close tot he surface because he only had a few stitches and they just used a bandaid
heck had I know it was that easy I would of stayed home lol
Once the Novocaine wore off he said there was no pain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals