Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 03:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies

Yikes yup it is crunch time

I have the followup with "ortho doc" this morning got to be out of here by 7
P/T girl said he is going to be really happy with my results
my range of motion is up to 161 thats up 71 degrees from the first apt after surgery
I also have to make my list of questions & refills I need to get before the trip
I was also thinking about some kind of note from him as to what was done
just in case something should happen because the ship does have a medical dept
also I am taking the PVC pipe I use at PT (hubby made me one) for some of the exercises and in case airport or the ship security have any issues when they see it in my suitcase

Driving went fine yesterday but I really felt the not taking the pain pill so I could drive

ok I better scoot I will be back after the dr to let you know what he says
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
Morning peeps!

Good luck Karla!

Well, Shadow is talking to me again. My friend came over to let her out yesterday and Shadow decided to to the barn with her for the afternoon. I got home, changed, grabbed a snack and headed over to the barn for PE. Shadow was happy to see me and was happy to come home when class was over.

It is muddy and gross everywhere and we have not been able to do much in the way of walking. More rain is forecast for today. *sighs* Oh well, at least the hay is growing......

Old 09-28-2011, 05:45 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Good morning. Got back from my walk; hubby got attacked by Lazy Susan, so he stayed home.

Wasn't a fun walk. Was still feeling effects of the UTI and meds, but I soldiered thru it. Got about 3/4's of the way thru the walking path when I saw a gator floating towards the shore and I was headed to the same spot, so I did a U'ey and cut the path short. Got out of the cul-de-sac I cut thru, only to be attacked by a kamikaze gnat. He left, only to return with about 5 of his friends. Man, oh man....

Anyway..not sure what today holds. May do the floors I didn't do yesterday and a load of towels awaits.

Karla, you're a busy girl. Let us know what Ortho Doc says, ok?

Evey, so glad you and SHadow are friends again.

Have a great day, all.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:28 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Good morning!!!

Karla-Good luck today. I am glad you are making really great improvement with your ROM.

evey-Happy to hear you and Shadow made up.

Pattie-Wow..that was an exciting walk, lol. I hate gnats. Don't push yourself today.

It is another beautiful cool sunny day here. I am loving every minute of it

Hubby took me to the library yesterday and I got some great new releases. I am so excited. While I was looking at books, hubby was teasing the head librarian, It's a game they play. Actually she is a very nice woman.

Then we went to check on our old property and both the husband and wife were there. The husband was lounging at the barn in his rocker while his wife was cleaning out the stall for her horse They are going to visit us in FL when they come down in December.

Then it was off to the grocery store. I have decided I really have a food sickness, lol. I bought food to make lasagna and a roast chicken this week. I need to slow down so I don't have anything left before we head for FL. I took stock of all the food in the freezer and I have enough dinners for 34 days

Then we got home and had breakfast and then it was off to the Farm Supply. We got caught up with the family and bought some new fencing supplies.

On the way back the Fed Ex man called us to meet him. He turned out to be a very nice man. I am happy to say that we have gotten all of our deliveries this year. I think out mailbox at the end of the ROW with the big red arrow really did it's job, lol.

So we worked on some fencing and I mowed. Today will more about finishing the fencing, weed eating, and cutting wood.

Have a great day!!!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Miss Smokey just jumped up on my lap and insisted on saying Meow to y'alll! And then she gave me a nice hug! Life is good.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:18 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
Awwww, I love it when they do that Pattie! My Parker was so excited to see me yesterday when I stopped at Kim's, I swear he loves me more than my grandchildren, jk.............

Morning all!

I just finished exercising to Denise, I don't feel like walking this morning it keeps spitting out rain and I am fighting this cold. Gotta get to the store and get some super vitamins, it has been quite some time since I took any, but am thinking I best get going fast here.

I have been doing my normal job hunting this morning too and am ready for a break. I have left quite a few in my e-mail because I will have to create accounts with the stores and I need a break right now. Going to unload the clean dishes and clean the upstairs bathroom, then I don't know what I will do!

Made it to the library yesterday and found a couple of books to read, gotta finish my last one yet though, it is not the usual exciting novel that I read from Catherine Coulter and am having trouble focusing on it, but am close enough to the end to finish.

See everyone later.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 AM

Sandy-I just got the new Catherine Coulter "Split Second" yesterday. I started it but only got up to about 10 pages last night. Wasn't it any good? I usually like her Savich series

Old 09-28-2011, 12:29 PM

That is the series I am reading the Savage ones, but this is Whiplash and something just is not as good as the others I have read. Does not turn me off to the others in the series tho..........I like the characters in the Savage series.

Been pricing wood, we are thinking of turning our bed into a platform bed because of hubby's back. Looks like it might cost about 75 dollars to build the platform, not too bad considering the price we would pay if we bought one.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:59 PM

Sandy-I read so many books that I can't remember the individual ones anymore

Why a platform bed? Can you both build one? We have a metal bed frame in FL that doesn't need a box spring..then again we do have memory foam mattress. This is the frame or close to it
Clothing, Toys, Electronics, Jewelry, Jaclyn Smith - Kmart.com

Old 09-28-2011, 01:08 PM

I have been reading up on platform beds and the support is more in line with what Bob needs (for me it does not matter), I figure this will be as firm as I can get short of buying a new bed. We don't want to buy a new bed until we move from Tricia's because we would have problems getting it up the narrow stairs and a quick turn up there. This way it can be built in pieces and brought up to be assembled up there. We are using going to use our bed frame and just build the platform inside of the metal frame. Figure it will give him better support. Once we move we will try to do a one level like we have always done, then we can buy a much bigger and better bed, without worrying about the squeeze upstairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals