Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 06:35 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,246,162 times

Advertisements

Gooood Morning Peeps!

Once again I have just crawled out of bed. I thought I would get the thread started for all you early birds out there.

Off to take a shower & wake up......

Who will be first to check in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 07:47 AM

O.K., I will be the first to check in.

We headed out for our walk this morning, as usual. There is a day care center across the street. We found the chickens cleaning up around the dumpster. Chickens scattered to the winds, except for the one that just STOOD THERE. Shadow walked right up to it & went to pick it up. It just STOOD THERE until dog lips touched it, then it commenced to begging for its life-wings a flappin' and making some fearsome amount of noise. My not-so-very-brave dog flew backwards & almost knocked me to the ground.

So, we proceed on our walk with more than a few woeful glances over our shoulder. Chickens have disappeared down the block the other direction.

As we get back from our walk we are usually dragging a little bit. It is brutally hot out & we have been basically indoor creatures since mid May. Shadow is off leash, working on "heel" as we come back through the parking lot at the day care. We are well past any area where we have ever seen the chickens when all four of them walk right out from in between the buildings. Well, Shadow finds some energy reserve and takes off at a flat out run after these poor birds. So much for "heel"!

I manage a fast trot over to where they all disappeared when I see chickens come flying (literally) around the corner. 1 chicken, 1 more chicken, and 1 more after that. No sign of my dog. I head up the chute between the buildings and here comes my dog around the corner with chicken #4 in her mouth. Soooo proud of herself! doesn't want to put the poor thing down. Finally she hears the tone in my voice and decides to drop the chicken, which was quite dead.

Panting hard from excitement & exertion she suddenly remembers that she was at "heel" and walks right over and assumes her position. We head back towards the house. We have made it safely across the street (never a very busy street, even on a workday) and there are the remaining 3 chickens right in front of the door!

Well, off we go again. Chickens are squawking and flapping. I am screeching at my dog. I had no idea she had such a strong prey drive! We are back at the day care center, chasing a chicken in & out of the bushes. I finally caught her & put her sorry behind back on the leash. I had to DRAG her home.

She is now in the other room telling Grandma all about her adventure. Grandma is cutting chunks of cheese off of the brick & telling her what a good girl she is.

Anybody else have an adventure this morning?

Last edited by Racelady88; 09-03-2007 at 08:49 AM..

Old 09-03-2007, 08:34 AM

72,422 posts, read 18,207,697 times
Evey,love your shadow,what a cute pup!Love that bird story
I haven't seen a live chicken for many years!

T0000 hot to do anything,last night was like 90 degrees,woke up,took my shower.taking it easy today.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,105,037 times
Happy Labor Day!

Chloe and I did our morning walk. It's going to rain here again today so we made it in time.

dragonten, I heard on the news that southern Calif is having a crazy heat wave. I hope you can stay cool.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:15 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,226,305 times
Evey you and Shadow have made my day. The visions I have of you two running around, well I am indeed chuckling! Tell Shadow "Good Doggie" from Cassy (who was once the fierce bunny hunter of Rockford, MI).

No walk today, just hanging out and cleaning house. Hope all have a great day.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:56 AM

72,422 posts, read 18,207,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Happy Labor Day!

Chloe and I did our morning walk. It's going to rain here again today so we made it in time.

dragonten, I heard on the news that southern Calif is having a crazy heat wave. I hope you can stay cool.
Rain? I only saw a drop on wednesday! heard a lot of thunder though
It has to be the hottest! been here since 1980.
Last night at 11 was still 90 degrees, I have a 4 unit apartment; one house at the front,one at the back, and a two story in the middle, I live on the 2nd story,I only have a window air condition,after 4 hours it barely got to cool down. I have a roomate who goes to China,she is there for 3 months,comes back for a week,yesterday she decided to stay at the Best Western last night to cool off.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:29 AM

788 posts, read 4,069,430 times
It is very hot here as well. I really had to force myself to workout today--actually I have to force myself to workout every time. I drove to my gym this morning and they were closed for the holiday, so I came back home and did my walk/jog DVD.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:05 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,453,761 times
I did my workout on the exercise ball (or whatever the name is!) this morning.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:37 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,540,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I did my workout on the exercise ball (or whatever the name is!) this morning.
I think there are a lot of names for that ball, most of which wouldn't make it past the censors! Well, did a real hurry-up workout, the only way I could do one uninterrupted. Have fun, everyone!

Old 09-03-2007, 12:54 PM

Great turnout on a holiday! Karla will be so proud when she gets back. I tried to pass out gold stars, but, well you all know the deal with the gold stars......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals