Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 06:27 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning Happy Monday

IMO this is the official start of the new year because there are no holidays so it is the first everything back to normal

We are expecting that cold front here right now it is 64 and this time tomorrow it is suppose to be 24 with wind chills in the teens
This is all coming behind rain. Hubby and I will be moving the potted plants into the screen room
Can't cover anything in the yard till the rain p[asses through

I will be closing out last week and doing more work on closing out the year
Can't get into the exercise room because of the old dining room set so will have to dig out the walking DVD

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 06:43 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Morning Karla. I'm setting out in the frozen this morning. I guess most roads are okay but I do take back roads to work, so we will see how long my 45 minute commute really takes this morning.

I'll be back to tell you what type of torture I do for my exercise.

Lol, have a good one!

BTW it is supposed to warm up to a big 10 today, I am not sure what the wind chill is , was supposed to be in the negative.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:12 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
It's 8 below 0 here right now, and it's only going to get colder. Heading for a low of at least -17. The chill factor is -35. We're under a level 3 snow emergency until at least noon. Essential personnel only, but mh still got up and went to work, even tho you aren't even supposed to BE on the roads. This snow and cold has essentially shut down the city of Toledo and its suburbs. Here's some of the live cameras around town. http://www.13abc.com/story/15249065/live-action-cams

Actually, it's past noon and the snow emergency is still on. No mention of when it will be lifted. Now they're saying 40-45 mph winds. Nutso.

You all enjoy your day!

Old 01-06-2014, 04:12 PM

Burr Connie, that is cold! We are at 11 right now wind chill -3 and falling, that is cold here. We are also having problems with this darn heat system we have here. The maint. guy came and charged the unit but right now it is 61 in here and the heat/air system has not turned off since 12:30pm. Hopefully it is just taking some time to kick in, but he has been gone for an hour and half, and it has only gone up 1 degree.

I warmed up by doing my seven minute exercise. NO walking today.

Gracie loves the weather and the little bit of snow we have but I would think her paw pads would freeze in a short amount of time out there. I know my nose is cold everytime I take her out.

Hope you all are staying warm, I'm trying to

Old 01-06-2014, 05:05 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Can you call him back tonight still? Might have to go get a little space heater to tide you over! We have a couple, thankfully, and it helps.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:53 PM

No did not have time and being as the temp is staying 60 I am not going to call the emergency number (they probably would not answer anyway).

Bob took my car to work because the door handle on the Kia broke off in his hand when he went to start it today SO no trip to get a space heater either. It's okay I can deal with 60 when it is this cold out.

I wish I knew more about these types of heat systems, know nothing because air and heat up north are two separate units not one, and are not electric they are gas.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:55 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Yikes Connie that is beyond cold

Sandy did it finally warm up in the apt ?

I got a bunch of stuff covered pictures on FB

I had a early dr apt so just getting online

Old 01-07-2014, 09:46 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hi, all.

Looks like we're in the warm spot today (Tuesday). It got down to about 42 last night and it's almost 50 here now. High s/b around 55.

Yesterday, DIana tortured me for an hour. I'd forgotten about those weights she now has me wear on my ankles. Man, oh, man.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:54 PM

To answer your question Karla, no it never warmed up. I was able to talk to the service guy today and understand the problem. Someone bypassed the emergency switch to the unit when they last serviced our furnace, no part no back up when this old heatpump got tired. SO we are without heat but it is warming up in here, not sure if that is because the system is trying to heat or because I am baking (I am thinking the baking is helping me out here). Anyway he will order the part (good news), bad news is that they don't have one here for him to borrow. SO lots of blankets and I guess I am baking cookies next. It is up to 56 in here, low last night was 46 (yes gals that is inside my unit). Bob is not very nice right now, to me he is but man oh man he is mad at heck over this. Over to today to tell you how I warmed up some in exercise mode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals